BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
w1ze
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default How do I acquire the @blackberry.net email account?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all. This is my first post and my first blackberry. I am the proud owner of a 7100t (unlocked) using my at&t sim. My question is how do I get my blackberry email setup? Do I need to have the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) in order to get my email (user@blackberry.net) setup? Thank you guys in advance.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

You actually have to get setup with a data package from you service provider, in your case ATT. I believe that is the only way.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
jabone

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I was in the same boat as you. I called Cingular, and asked them to assign my PIN/IMEI number to thier network and then I got the @blackberry.net account.

John
Old 03-01-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

When you trade a sim card from a phone only device to a blackberry you have call and get the data pkg added. They won't let you slide and get away with anything for free, I don't know about ATT but make sure you get a unlimited plan because one site can put you well over your limit if not or one attachment within a email.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
w1ze

Thanks guys for your quick response. Now get this. I am an employee so I receive free data and unlimited text as well as minutes. I am currently set up with the appropriate RIM PDP and Blackberry features which allow browser capabilites on my device. Now if I did indeed have the data plan working how would I go about setting up the email? Do I have to register into a website via my BB or is this something that is done locally on the device through settings?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #6
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Actually you have to set it up from your desktop or through Customer Care. If you're fully set up then you should have a login and username, if not you will have to call and have ATT set you up. I know Nextel allows you to create a new account but ATT's BWC doesn't allow you to do this from there site. Here is the site address:

https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...te=attwireless

Hope this helps!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
w1ze

ok heres an offtopic question for ya. On my 7100t i noticed that sometimes there is a little indicators which is the number "1" and a little picture of a square next to it and an arrow facing downwards inside of it. I have searched in my instruction manual and I have no clue what this is. Anyone know?
Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
cliffr39
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ze
ok heres an offtopic question for ya. On my 7100t i noticed that sometimes there is a little indicators which is the number "1" and a little picture of a square next to it and an arrow facing downwards inside of it. I have searched in my instruction manual and I have no clue what this is. Anyone know?
It means the number of (1) waiting what ever the icon is. Square could be email, SMS, MMS (depending on regular square, slanted square or symbol in the middle), or it could be a smiley face which is a message waiting on one of the chat programs (BB Messenger, GoogleTalk, Yahoo...). You could also see a 1 and an icon for voicemail.
Closed Thread