Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
K8lyn

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default bb media synch crashes window xp, i'm new to bb world

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I just got my bb a few days ago and am still sort of learning it...but i have gotten some of my music and most of my pictures on it, but that was through the media manager, i'd like to transfer the music from my windows media player to my bb, but everytime i click on blackberry media synch thru blackberry desktop mgr it either gives me a an error message that says the program has encountered an error and needs to close, or when I just now tried it it started to say loading playlists, then it vanished...any ideas? do i have to use that program to get the music on the bb, or could I synch thru windows media player?

If it helps I believe I have version 5 of the bb desktop mgr and I have XP as an operating system on my computer
Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I'm not sure about you problem with media manager. Someone else will have to help you with that, but you may not care.

You don't need media manager except maybe to convert some video files. At any rate, you _can_ drag and drop files to the media card using windows explorer, or sync using windows media player.

You want to go into options and enable media card support. And set auto enable to yes or to prompt
Old 11-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Media Manager has been blamed for various problems with pc's across many operating systems. Looks like it doesn't play nice with some unrelated apps (or combos of apps) so there is no specific recommendation anyone can make, other than to uninstall DM with Media Manager and re-install a fresh copy without Media Manager.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

What rambo says.... that does seem to be the consensus.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
sswyden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

K8tlyn, I'm having the same problem with Media Sync. It worked fine with my 9630 the past couple months, but it crashes now when I have my 9550 plugged in and launch it. I'm on Vista, so I don't think it's an XP issue. I'm on 5.01 of DM and this is the first time I've tried it since changing to the 9550. On a side note, Media Synch still says it's going to synch with the "9630" across the top of the screen even though I have the 9550 plugged in. Unfortunately, it crashes immediately so I can't go into options and check if there's a setting I need to change. I'll keep researching and report back here if I find something.

Update - OK, I already figured out the issue with it showing the 9630: http://bit.ly/6kA5Bb
Apparently that's an issue Rim knows about. But that's not why it's crashing. Still looking.

Another Update: All fixed. It could have been the sequence.... I already had my 9550 plugged in when I launched Media Sync. This time I launched Media Synch first then plugged in the BB. It allowed me to rename the media card and re-initiaize. then sync my playlists. All is well now. I also read someone else's problem was that they had some negative number of plays and negative ratings in itunes and once they were deleted that fixed their issue. Good luck.

Last edited by sswyden; 11-22-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Closed Thread