Please Login to Remove!

Now boot me off!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #62
Inkspot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Canada

No actually I'm taking holidays so that I can go through each and every thread to see what other ignorant replies you two dumb boys answered wrong!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #63
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Inkspot,

As stated before Password Keeper (Password Protector as you call it) is a separate application with a separate password. If you set the device password as your birthday, it doesn't set the Password Keeper password to match the device password. They're completely unrelated.

Furthermore, if you type the Password Keeper password incorrectly 10 times, it will ONLY wipe the data within the Password Keeper application. All other data will remain on the device.

It is possible that you purchased a refurbished device that someone has previously owned at some point. There's a good chance of them also using Password Keeper and setting a password on it. This would explain your issue. Especially as your profile states that you have an 8300. I find it very hard to believe that you could have bought one brand new.

As stated many times in this thread, your password did not change on its own. There is no known issue. This is just another case of inexperience.

As for a lot of your unnecessary comments, Penguin and NJBB are 2 of the most knowledgeable and respected people on this forum. If you don't believe me, check the BES Admin Corner and their knowledge will blow you away. Just because you don't like the answers they're giving you doesn't make them wrong or ignorant. From my viewpoint, you are the one coming off as ignorant. They're volunteering their time to attempt to help you and you're calling them names.

The anti-American/political (GWB) comments are, again, unnecessary and uncalled for. They're completely irrelevant to this thread in any way.

In the end, the issue is not with the device, it is with you not knowing how the device works. There is no issue at all. This entire thread is based on users that don't know the workings of the BlackBerry. Read through it and you will see the one user was typing letters when numbers were supposed to be entered. Not a known issue, not a device issue, a USER ISSUE.

With you, you assumed the device password carried over to a completely separate application in Password Keeper. Not a device issue, not a known issue, a USER ISSUE!
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #64
Inkspot

I visited RIM and discussed the issue with a certified and experienced Tech he was given a copy of this thread and he was concerned that these two are answering questions incorrectly and they are answering with a "BASH THE PERSON DOWN ATTITUDE" he feels that they should end it with "WE THINK and not WE KNOW".

He knows that when on these forums be very concerned about the answers you receive. Most answers are correct but you will get the incorrect answer from time to time. "Instead of helping you these two are criticizing you and there is no need for this on a forum".

"Please call our Technical Department if you would like to receive the correct answers".

"We at RIM should regulate these forums and the people who choose to answer your questions, remember that a lot of these answers will come from a Technician but many answers will come from people who feel that since they own a Blackberry they know it inside and out and they don't".

"Even technicians will get things wrong"

"People lie about their credentials"

"Please remember that these are everyday people answering your questions and often they will reply even if they have no clue"

"Please call us with any of your questions or concerns do not get your answers from unknown sources, these strangers may not always have the right answers"

Thanks

His feelings about your reply:

"Typically American, bash a Canadian and turn it around".

Thanks again for nothing!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #65
jsconyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkspot View Post
I visited RIM and discussed the issue with a certified and experienced Tech he was given a copy of this thread and he was concerned that these two are answering questions incorrectly and they are answering with a "BASH THE PERSON DOWN ATTITUDE" he feels that they should end it with "WE THINK and not WE KNOW".
How do you know that NJBB, Penguin or I are not RIM "certified and experienced techs"?

Quote:
He knows that when on these forums be very concerned about the answers you receive. Most answers are correct but you will get the incorrect answer from time to time. "Instead of helping you these two are criticizing you and there is no need for this on a forum".
I assume that he gives correct answers 100% of the time, right? I know I deal with RIM support quite often and there are times when they are wrong. For instance, recently they told me to upgrade my GW client on my BES to a recent FTF client. Doing so crapped out my BES and no one on the server was receiving messages. I asked if I should revert back to a previous client and they said not to, that the issue will work itself out if given enough time. Never did. Had to revert back to a previous client to correct the issue.
Quote:
"Please call our Technical Department if you would like to receive the correct answers".
You know that if you don't have a support contract with RIM, you will be paying a lot of money for these calls, right?
Quote:
"We at RIM should regulate these forums and the people who choose to answer your questions, remember that a lot of these answers will come from a Technician but many answers will come from people who feel that since they own a Blackberry they know it inside and out and they don't".
I do agree with a lot of people feel they can answer some questions given that they have the device, however, more often then not, when a user gives an incorrect answer, someone else will correct them with the right answer. You haven't seen that in this thread because there haven't been any incorrect answers thus far. Like it or not.
Quote:

"Please remember that these are everyday people answering your questions and often they will reply even if they have no clue"
Again, technicians do get things wrong from time to time as I explained above. People may lie about their credentials, just like the guy you spoke to could have lied to you about his. Yet, you choose to take his word over everyone else's, why?

People do answer when they haven't a clue what the solution is, again, that isn't the case in this thread.
Quote:
"Please call us with any of your questions or concerns do not get your answers from unknown sources, these strangers may not always have the right answers"
Again, with no support contract, have your wallet ready.
Quote:
Thanks

His feelings about your reply:

"Typically American, bash a Canadian and turn it around".

Thanks again for nothing!
And this part I believe is a direct shot at me, which is fine.

I didn't bash you, I didn't turn anything around. But my question for you is what did you "certified and expeirenced" RIM tech say the issue was? Where did he say that the answers we gave you were wrong? You know the issue was on you, you assumed Password Keeper used your device password when it doesn't and never has. The issue is still with you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #66
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:

"Please call us with any of your questions or concerns do not get your answers from unknown sources, these strangers may not always have the right answers" ...
This all sounds like a load of B$ to me, especially
Quote:
"We at RIM should regulate these forums and the people who choose to answer your questions,
Give me a break. Sounds to me like this is a fabrication.

Last edited by daphne; 07-12-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #67
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
I visited RIM and discussed the issue
No, you didn't.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #68
Inkspot

Thanks for your helpful reply! Much appreciated
Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #69
Inkspot

Yes I did.
Have a look at a map, very close to home.
Canadians will help when you ask with a Canadian attitude.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #70
jsconyers

In response to your signature, if their answers were wrong, could you please enlighten us to what the correct answer is?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #71
daphne

Inkspot, my advice to you is to stop this nonsense before you make yourself look even more ridiculous.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #72
Inkspot

You're NOT certified! That I know for a fact.

Oh so sorry, I will shed a tear for you, shame they gave you a wrong answer, did you find the correct answer on this forum ...lol or some where else NEW user?.

WTF? are you my spouse that you're worried about my bank account...lol.

Please don't concern your self with my fiances, I'm Canadian we still have our finances in-tack, thanks!

He is paid by RIM and I know he's not hidden behind some dumb made up name, pretending to be someone else even though we all know you're the moderator pretending to be someone else.

Funny thing you answered with useless info, NO?

Ah yes a stranger telling me how to spend my money, yes nice, thanks.

You answered even though you had no direct answer, why is that? Was it not a bash or was it just a friendly reply? Hum!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #73
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Inkspot, I think it's time you voluntarily left. Your blathering nonsense did nothing for this thread, except make me laugh at your utter nonsense.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #74
Inkspot

Once again thanks and please mind your own business.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #75
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Have a nice break. Maybe when you come back, you will decide to quit acting like a 3 year old.

Last edited by juwaack68; 07-12-2010 at 11:50 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #76
daphne

Who said anything about his finances?????
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #77
jsconyers

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a post got deleted?

However, I love how he clearly chooses not to answer any question related to the solution to his problem. Because he knows that he was given the correct answer and doesn't want to admit it and look foolish.

He'd rather go on his anti-American/pro-Canadian tirades and try to troll people. I've asked him multiple times what the solution was. He hasn't replied. He didn't like the answer (given that it was the correct one), so he chooses to argue (troll) over irrelevant stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #78
daphne

Nope, no deleted posts. There is a word for people like him.

Urban Dictionary: tool
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #79
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

An inferiority complex (the whole Canadian bashing thing) and a genuine attitude issue. Quite the combination.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #80
maj0rt0m

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telstra Australia
Default Password Changing On Its Own

Hi, I manage a BES with a small fleet of 130 handsets (All Bold 9000).
We have security policies enabled.
Devices are set to auto lock every 5 minutes or when holstered.
Users are forced to change passwords every 90 days.
All handsets have been purchased brand new and all have the same firmware versions.
Approx. 4 months ago I had 3 users call me on the same day to say they were unable to unlock their handsets with their passwords.
I reset their passwords on the BES and their problem was solved. At the time I thought it unusual that 3 users had forgotten their passwords on the same day, but then didn't think much more about it.
Yesterday the BES had started running very slowly and the support team decided to re-boot the BES.
10 minutes after the server was re-booted I received calls from the same 3 users to say they had a message on their handsets saying "your IT administrator has changed your password" and they could no longer unlock their handsets.
Once again I reset their passwords using the BES.
I can't remember if the server had been re-booted 4 months ago, but it's possible.
Has anyone heard of anything similar happening and if so, do they know the cause?
Thanks
Closed Thread