Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Backordered

Please Login to Remove!

What BS. The phone was due to arrive tomorrow, and tonight tmobile tells me it's been backordered. What a crock.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
david9962000

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

Did they give you a time frame?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
strike2tamu

Nothing. They did refund my shipping fee.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
ipaqman2005
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: tmobile

i just ordered one this morning with express shipping. csr said that it was in stock.

anyone else order theres today and its shipped?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

I ordered the phone on the 11th at 4:30 central time. After not being able to track it on UPS...I talked to a Tmobile rep via online chat on saturday. They told me the phone was NOT backordered - but it is in pending and would arrive by Feb 23rd.

I talked to another rep on Monday(the 16th) and the rep told me that as of the 16th they placed it on backorder. And that I should at 8 days to my estimated date of arrival of the 23rd. (but tried telling me it IS possible that it could come sooner)

I then tried finding out how much of a shipment they would be getting if - if I would infact get my blackberry with their next shipment coming in - or if again I would be on the backlist - and he would not answer that question.

I tried to demand them to ship via express at no charge when it comes in..but then tries to tell me they cant change how it ships after the order is processed.

I HATE how Tmobile customers have NO way of tracking an order online via tmobile website to find out where its at in the order process...they just tell you to track via reference on ups.com. Yet..when you are a NEW customer they will give you an order number that you can track via tmobile.com It's like you become a customer - and they reward you by giving you crappier service.

I told them I am going to call/chat EVERY day until I find out that it ships. In which he replied he could put in my email into a "follow-ups" on there system and I would be notified when it shipped. (why can't this be a future in ALL cases with out question..we should receive email/text telling us it shipped!!!)

I am VERY displeased that the item is on backorder - as it was possible I was going to resell on ebay - but by the time I get it - there won't be as much of a market...and I could just sell my current 8320 for 150-175 bucks...and end up with a new phone for under 100 bucks.

The fustration is SO ...grr

Anyways - I'll let everyone know the updated dates if there are any if I get any from tmobile(though, everyone could vary depending on where in line you are to receive)
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
focus88844
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 800
PIN: 24ADAD9B
Carrier: T-mobile

same here, i order the phone at 0211 after visiting multiple stores which they are all sold out. ordered via phone, paid the express shipping 19.99, was told it will be here 02/17 which is today, over the last couple of days i have been trying to check for tracking information but obviously its never available through ups.com so i did chat online, two different reps, one told me no ETA, the other one told me the phone will be here on 19th.

i then called to CSR, i was told no ETA. they offered to refund the express shipping. i told them i want to cancel the order and cancel the entire upgrade process, i was told there is no way to cancel the order. WTF? the phone is not even shipped, and they dont even have them in inventory at all...

not cool on tmo part at all, i am seriously considering moving to att...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus88844 View Post

i then called to CSR, i was told no ETA. they offered to refund the express shipping. i told them i want to cancel the order and cancel the entire upgrade process, i was told there is no way to cancel the order. WTF? the phone is not even shipped, and they dont even have them in inventory at all...

not cool on tmo part at all, i am seriously considering moving to att...

That's funny because when I was demanding to have them change it to express shipping - the rep told me they would be willing to cancel the upgrade order - and I could try going to a T-mobile store(but that they would probably be sold out as well.

I just recently went on chat today to find out any update on ETA - this is what i got..

Vanessa J: February 23 is the estimated delivery date Brent.

Brent Cizek: are you sure? because yesterday the Rep told me the date was the 23rd - but to add 8 days to that

Vanessa J: Let me check the status if it is in backorder.

Vanessa J: Yes it is in backorder. Please allow us a 3-8 more business days for the handset to be delivered.

Brent Cizek: Is it guarenteed to be delivered within 3-8 days of the 23rd?

Vanessa J: We do not guarantee it but we assure you we will do our best to have this delivered to you.

I really hope it comes soon!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
ipaqman2005
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

how do you go on chat with a tmobile csr? is it on their website i couldnt find it?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
TheBigNewt

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcizek View Post
I HATE how Tmobile customers have NO way of tracking an order online via tmobile website to find out where its at in the order process...they just tell you to track via reference on ups.com.
I was able to determine when my order was processed from My Tmobile's site. Once it processed it shipped asap. Just play around. I didn't have an order number either.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
I was able to determine when my order was processed from My Tmobile's site. Once it processed it shipped asap. Just play around. I didn't have an order number either.
There is no where on my tmobile where you can plug in any information? Where were you lookings - specifically.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaqman2005 View Post
how do you go on chat with a tmobile csr? is it on their website i couldnt find it?
Go to tmobile.com go to "contact us" select via Email - fill out the initial screen - next screen it comes to it will say "tmobile chat" and if agents are online or offline. Click on that and you'll fill in your cusotmer info and question - click next and a chat screen will pop open.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
TheBigNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcizek View Post
There is no where on my tmobile where you can plug in any information? Where were you lookings - specifically.
I think I selected Upgrades, as if I was going to do that (I already did it over the phone). First it said something like "you did that already" and later it said "order processed" and then I could track it. But it only look about 15 hours from the time UPS listed it until I got it from KY (to AZ) I guess you can keep calling but that seems like a PIA to me. They probably have you written up to get a molotov coctail with the phone by now

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 02-17-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
I think I selected Upgrades, as if I was going to do that (I already did it over the phone). First it said something like "you did that already" and later it said "order processed" and then I could track it. But it only look about 15 hours from the time UPS listed it until I got it from KY (to AZ) I guess you can keep calling but that seems like a PIA to me. They probably have you written up to get a molotov coctail with the phone by now

gahhhhhhh.

I know what you're talking about..I initally went in after upgrading my phone and it said "your handset upgrade is currently being processed" I checked the next day and no tracking..bringing me to still today with no tracking(back ordered) - so thats not a real reliable way to check.

I'd DOUBLE verify right now but I can't log into my tmobile as...
"We’re sorry—My T-Mobile is currently unavailable while we work to improve the site for you. Please try again later."

lol what a week... Hopefully they get a shipment in soon and ship asap...

When did everyone else place their orders? When was the release date? I signed up to be notified when it was released - and I never got an email...blah blah
Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
scubadave
Knows Where the Search Button Is

When I ordered mine Tmo sent me a text saying it was shipping.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #15
TheBigNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadave View Post
When I ordered mine Tmo sent me a text saying it was shipping.
I think I got one of those too. I got some txt from tmob, but my phone was broken and I couldn't read it. That's why I ordered the 8900.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

At least I'm not alone in this experience (although I may be the only one whose 8700 is about to die and really needs the 8900 to replace it). I "expressed my displeasure" to a supervisor but they are totally clueless, have no information whatsoever, and can't change the order in any way lest you lose your place in line. Do you think this is TMO's fault, or RIM's, or is the demand just too great?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Helmdawg

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

I just checked the website and it not showing as back-ordered....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
velocity92c
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

Ordered mine on the 12th, then today after STILL no tracking info on UPS I called again and was told by one rep that it wasn't back ordered but just pending and would FOR SURE be here by the 25th. Another rep said it WAS on back order but still gave the 25th as the latest possible day. I'm pretty disappointed in all of this. I was told I could go pick one up at a local office but then I'd have to pay full price instead of 3 payments.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
bosslady

Model: 8800
Default Tmobile bs - 8900

I too have experienced the run around with Tmobile regarding the 8900. I placed my order on Feb 11th. Was told my phone would be shipped Feb 12th. Nothing! I've spoke to them a dozen times. Today a rep tells me the phone is on backorder! And i won't receive the phone until Feb 25th....I'm not holding my breath on this one! Very disappointed!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: Unique 8-character hexadecimal ID number assigned to all BlackBerrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity92c View Post
Ordered mine on the 12th, then today after STILL no tracking info on UPS I called again and was told by one rep that it wasn't back ordered but just pending and would FOR SURE be here by the 25th. Another rep said it WAS on back order but still gave the 25th as the latest possible day. I'm pretty disappointed in all of this. I was told I could go pick one up at a local office but then I'd have to pay full price instead of 3 payments.

Samething happened to me as well, I ordered the 12th and paid for express shipping and evertime I call it shows pending shipping, today I was told BACK ORDERED, but got credit for express shipping