Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #61
carlvdh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FD2823
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I can't get my voicemail to work for some reason. I have an aftermarket theme why would this effect my voicemail ?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #62
carlvdh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 20FD2823

I just got off the phone with my ATT rep and I got it working. Works greats for me.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #63
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Just an FYI, i was on the phone with them for about an hour, and If you guys ever get the "cannot provision... etc. " and you have BBVV icon, have them delete your account on the system and regenerate. It seems early adopters who tried to authenticate placed something on the system. This actually was in there troubleshooting reference since the rep who talked to me was obviously reading a script and one of them was "provision before installing OS upgrade" lol, after they finally did this and figured it out, it started to work.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #64
Sullyz

PIN: 249D6B46

As a tip, something I found while working through Business Care tonight. First contact AT&T and activate VV Mail...

If you have the Visual Voice Mail icon and when you click on it you may see a message saying something on the lines of failed to provision, contact customer service.

What you will need to do first is, call your new voice mail account, a new one was created in order to support the visual voicemail functionality. Go through the tutorial, mainly creating a new voicemail passcode. Once set, and your greeting is all set, end the call. Give it about 30 seconds or so and then open the Visual Voice Mail icon, it will now prompt your to enter your voicemail passcode and login.

Should be good to go from there on out.

Best,
Sully

Devices: TMO 8830, 8900 | Verizon 8830, 9530 | AT&T 9000 | Sprint/Nextel 8350i
Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #65
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

fyi: You also get the provisioning message if you do a security wipe after you got everything setup. For this situation call yourself and leave a voice mail.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #66
sockfootball21
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Anybody having problems with vvm and the berrypopup app? When I get a voice mail
I get the window for vvm but then the berrypopup window comes up sayin my sister(first
person on my contact list) sent me a blank message but when I go to my inbox nothing is there
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #67
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Yep. I had this happen with one of the popup message applications. Since I was on a trial, I just deleted it. Obviously something has changed internally, and the developers of these popup apps are going to have to make some adjustments.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #68
whsbuss

Get this...... someone on crackberry said they talked to an AT&T rep about VVM and its currently a promotional feature - will cost $4.99 per month in the future. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #69
lrdiaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Get this...... someone on crackberry said they talked to an AT&T rep about VVM and its currently a promotional feature - will cost $4.99 per month in the future. Can anyone confirm this?
On my Online Manage Features, it lists two options under voice mail,
1)enhanced v-mail $4.99
2)visual v-mail free
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #70
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Quote:
If this is true, then there are many 3rd party applications that will allow you to get the same features free. no worries
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #71
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

i loaded the new OS and my phone keeps freezing, anyone else having this issue?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #72
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Whatever. The CSRs are still struggling to understand what VVM is, let alone if it will actually cost anything. AT&T online management shows free, and does not show any promotional offer details.

So, it is free, just like basic voicemail. Only the enhanced voicemail has a fee associated with it.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #73
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Whatever. The CSRs are still struggling to understand what VVM is, let alone if it will actually cost anything. AT&T online management shows free, and does not show any promotional offer details.

So, it is free, just like basic voicemail. Only the enhanced voicemail has a fee associated with it.
Agreed, they would be stupied to charge a fee for it. The iPhone has had this available already and if they charged for it, that would be a benefit of the iPhone (not saying it's better). I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay for it knowing there are many 3rd party applications out there to get the same benefits, if not more, free.

I personally still like YouMail better because it will notify me of any missed calls, even if my phone is off, via email. I use the VVM because of memory leak issues with YouMail.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #74
novalovr66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 216b6c58
Carrier: AT$T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viconi View Post
It was the theme, thanks for your help! With out trying to hijack the thread why does it only work with ATT themes?
It works with all of my non AT&T themes!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #75
ilyasnouman

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: boost

I have added the VVM from online tools, I also did wireless upgrade to VVM application on my BOLD
Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #76
btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10
Carrier: at&t

has anyone found a link where one can watch a video demo of what voice mail looks like as one uses it? i'd kind of like to see it in motion before spending lots of time possibly changing over. thx

OOPS, found one

YouTube - Blackberry Bold Visual Voicemail - InformationWeek.com

Last edited by btaylor1; 08-30-2009 at 11:08 AM..
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #77
ChesterJT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
It appears that VVM is also placing a in your "messages" in box. I didn't see anything in the message box options... anyone know how/if it can be changed to not go to the messages inbox?
Yeah this is driving me nuts right now. The VVM is woefully low on options. Anyone got anything on this yet? It seems like a terrible idea. I mean, BBM messages show up there but don't give you the new message icon or anything.

Also, looking at the profiles there's no way to set a tone/ring for the VVM. It just gives off the Level1 message tone since it's doubling up with it. Need a separate one for that too. Oh well I can deal for now, as long as AT&T gets this fixed up quick.

Last edited by ChesterJT; 08-31-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #78
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterJT View Post
Yeah this is driving me nuts right now. The VVM is woefully low on options. Anyone got anything on this yet? It seems like a terrible idea. I mean, BBM messages show up there but don't give you the new message icon or anything.

Also, looking at the profiles there's no way to set a tone/ring for the VVM. It just gives off the Level1 message tone since it's doubling up with it. Need a separate one for that too. Oh well I can deal for now, as long as AT&T gets this fixed up quick.
VVM, like regular VM, uses the ring tone you set for SMS.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #79
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: at&t

Got the VVM to work. Awesome. The only things I wish was that you could UPLOAD your greeting not record it. I have some customized greetings that I want to be used. Secondly, wished it could separate the voicemail from the VVM inbox and message inbox. I like to have a dedicated box. Are anything of these possible?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #80
ChesterJT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
VVM, like regular VM, uses the ring tone you set for SMS.
SMS, Level1, whatever. Not really the point. It's the fact it's piggybacked at all. Plus the fact you get a Messages alert too.
Closed Thread