Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiberry View Post
Precisely!

Herein lies potential problem #2...
how do we know RIM won't abandon the 9800? Will there be a second batch?
Well there is a Torch 2 in the rumor mill along with R020 Curve remake, 9670 flip, a Storm 3 this fall and a BB tablet.

Again, these are rumored devices, but I think it is a strong indication that RIM isn't abandoning anything.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #42
sigmamason
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BFEE32
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
Yes but not if you want the Torch and are on AT&T
That is due to skype moreso than AT&T.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #43
wifiberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiberry View Post
I've been sitting on the fence, trying to decide. After six years, buying the latest BB each time a full qwerty model was released, I know the joys of the RIM platform. I'd still be using one if not for the way RIM ignored upgrading my favorite 9000.

That aside, I'm ready to try again, as long as I know that like the 83xx series, the Torch comes with a reasonably bug free OS. I'm just not willing to spend all the hours I did on the 9000, performing OS trials to get a decent (notice I did not say perfect) OS.

I welcome any and all comments from those of you with the Torch. I absolutely love the style and build quality, it's functionality that matters. I'm not picky...I'm not going to compare it to my Android phones, or any other phone. Speed is not an issue, I'm a BB LOVER and would like to have one again.

Thank You
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #44
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4

......and the hits keep on comin'

RIM stock tumbles to 17-month low on Nasdaq | TopNews United Kingdom
Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #45
andriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
Can you state your agenda? Obviously you love your iphone and are posting on a blackberry forum. Should you not be attacking blackberry on the iphone forums instead? Good day to you sir.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #46
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

No agenda. Just keepin' it real.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #47
rontiu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT Wireless

I got a torch last week, I was way too intrigued not to get one. I have to admit, the transition has been difficult from my 9700 to the Torch, because I find that it takes me way longer to get things done on the Torch.

Yes, some of the shortcuts are available on the Torch, but it somehow works different from the 9700, and sometimes the menu doesn't really make any sense either at times or I am missing a previous menu option that was available with OS 5.

I admit, it is getting better day by day to get used to the Torch and OS 6. I am hoping though that RIM will release continued software updates to work out some of the kinks that are normal with first releases.

I assume the 9800 will stay, because of the touch screen perhaps even discontinue Storm and Storrm2, however, will there be enough support by the app developers to fine all the previously released apps to work on the 9800? Fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #48
nindee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Why not post all the analysts that rate RIM stock as a strong buy right now?

The fact is, RIMs sales and profits have done NOTHING but increase year after year. The BlackBerry is still a very highly desirable product and even though they might've lost 0.5% of the marketshare in the last year, they've still sold more phones than the previous year.

They have 41 million SUBSCRIBERS to the blackberry network/services. That does NOT include people who use BlackBerry's as regular phones without data (yes...I know people that do this...don't ask me why).
Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #49
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nindee View Post
Why not post all the analysts that rate RIM stock as a strong buy right now?

The fact is, RIMs sales and profits have done NOTHING but increase year after year. The BlackBerry is still a very highly desirable product and even though they might've lost 0.5% of the marketshare in the last year, they've still sold more phones than the previous year.

They have 41 million SUBSCRIBERS to the blackberry network/services. That does NOT include people who use BlackBerry's as regular phones without data (yes...I know people that do this...don't ask me why).
Actually its 46 million subs worldwide. However 2 more firms downgraded RIM today because of unknown revenue projections.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #50
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The Torch was a huge disappointment...period. So much so that I opted to go back to the iPhone 4 until RIM spits out the rumored 9780 onto AT&T. I know it's only a 9700 on steroids...but at least I know that will work!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #51
rdef
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
"Just keeing it real."

Another way of saying, "I don't know what my agenda is. What is an agenda?"
Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #52
palomartian
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ched off BBM, gained 3MB
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
The Torch was a huge disappointment...period. So much so that I opted to go back to the iPhone 4 until RIM spits out the rumored 9780 onto AT&T. I know it's only a 9700 on steroids...but at least I know that will work!

You can never be certain with RIM. The 9780 will be released with 6.0 most likely. Will it be possible to downgrade to 5.0 if OS 6 is a debacle on a non-touch screen device? 9780 might be a complete ass up. I want one to replace my 9000 but will most definitely wait a few weeks for the initial reviews to settle down to a dull roar.
"You. My room. 10:30 tonight. You. 10:45... And bring a friend."
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #53
stst0001

Model: 9300
Carrier: att
Default Fix The Software

Stop releasing all these hardware models with this crap software!

I used to be a die-hard and finally could not take it anymore.

Hoping the wife can dump her 9800 soon and I can stop looking for leaked releases for her. Since I dumped my Storm, 9700 and then 9800 (gave it one more chance) and went to Droid X I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my back. And now I no longer feel compelled to defend Rim/BB. In comparison it just sucks - plain and simple. I read some of these posts with pros/cons and the cons are just absurd - why are those acceptable when there are alternatives. They wasted so much of my time. Now that I am liberated I actually feel disgusted when I hear the word BlackBerry. And that is their fault - my god I tried to stay with them until I finally capitulated and faced reality. 9800 was the final disappointment.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #54
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post
"Just keeing it real."

Another way of saying, "I don't know what my agenda is. What is an agenda?"
It's pitiful that you think someone would even have an agenda on a forum such as BBF. Maybe you should get out of your parents basement more often.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #55
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stst0001 View Post

Hoping the wife can dump her 9800 soon and I can stop looking for leaked releases for her. Since I dumped my Storm, 9700 and then 9800 (gave it one more chance) and went to Droid X I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my back. And now I no longer feel compelled to defend Rim/BB. In comparison it just sucks - plain and simple. I read some of these posts with pros/cons and the cons are just absurd - why are those acceptable when there are alternatives. They wasted so much of my time. Now that I am liberated I actually feel disgusted when I hear the word BlackBerry. And that is their fault - my god I tried to stay with them until I finally capitulated and faced reality. 9800 was the final disappointment.

Now that's what I call KEEPIN' IT REAL!!!! Well said and dead on the money!! ........oh, and by the way, could you please state you agenda?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #56
jb20

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stst0001 View Post

Well said! I went to the Droid X and feel exactly then same. Android is a solid alternative to Blackberry. Not only does it have a a fast processor and a incredible browsing experience but it handles my emails and text messaging better than Blackberry. You are not at the mercy of outagages ,having to do battery pulls, looking at an hour glass, memory management and constantly looking for an OS update to have your device work as they imply in their advertising.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #57
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb20 View Post
Well said! I went to the Droid X and feel exactly then same. Android is a solid alternative to Blackberry. Not only does it have a a fast processor and a incredible browsing experience but it handles my emails and text messaging better than Blackberry. You are not at the mercy of outagages ,having to do battery pulls, looking at an hour glass, memory management and constantly looking for an OS update to have your device work as they imply in their advertising.

......I know, I've been spending too much time on Facebook!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #58
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack

To each his own. some people should strap a PC to their back to get all the features they want. A bit heavy but hey multi gig memory and a big hard drive to store all the apps they think they need. The orthopedic doc's like the business.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #59
snowmangoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 22CF79CB
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
To each his own. some people should strap a PC to their back to get all the features they want. A bit heavy but hey multi gig memory and a big hard drive to store all the apps they think they need. The orthopedic doc's like the business.
And that's what it all boils down to... to each his own. I have several friends who have gone from the iPhone4 to the 9800, one who went from iPhone to Droid to BB, and of course, a couple who have dropped thier RIM devices for other platforms... The grass is always greener unless you came from the other side of the fence.

As far as the software issues, I agree that RIM rushes devices to market before the OS is solid, but so does everyone else. While a crappy trend, if you want a device that has it correct from the jump, you're going to have to drop some features, because it won't be a smartphone. Grab yourself a RAZR, retire your account here, and go join motomodders.

BTW, I've had my 9800 for a little under a week, and I see the issues everyone is griping about on my own device. I'm going to return it right before my 30 days are up and hope the new one doesn't have any of the build issues this one has (Curse you Mexico5!) As far as the software side of the thing goes, I've had enough BBs (EVERY update on ATT since the 71xx series) to know that in a few months it will be running smooth after an update or two.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #60
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Just changed over an iphone and BlackJack user to a Torch. It has not flamed out, just didnt jump out of the gate that fast.

Our Canada office is expecting to upgrade to 20 Torch devices on the 24th.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread