Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Calrider

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T
Default A couple of questions: synching contacts and deleting email

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

We're brand new with supporting Blackberry's. We put up a BES Express server (v. 4.1.2.20) and are administering it with Blackberry Manager 4.1.2.25. We have three users with 8100's and one user with a 7130e. It's pulling mail through our 2003 Exchange box (SP-2). We've had several issues that we've worked through already but are hung up with a couple of more.

1) Is it possible for the user to synch more than one contact list to their Blackberry? Our sales people want to sych their own contacts as well as a public folder containing sales contacts for their group - this list is constantly changing since a number of people have r/w access to the folder. For now I have asked that they manually pull over important contacts to their personal list but that isn't the most desireable thing to have them doing.

2) Deleting email from the Blackberry does not delete it at the desktop. I have checked the BES Exchange admin account and enabled "send/recieve" permissions; I did that when our users complained when they created a calendar event from their Blackberry's it wasn't populating in Outlook at the desktop - adding those permissions solved that issue but didn't resolve this one.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
Besuser

Model: 7100
Default try this for deleting email

Go to Servers>EXCHSRVR>Server Configuration>Messaging>Hard Deletes = True. Then you have to go to EXCHSRVR_MDS_CS and clickon Restart Service. Let me know if this works or not. I have a different fix that might help but his seems to be the most effective. Let me know if you find out about the having more than one contact source. I am trying to figure that one out as well.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Calrider

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

I will look at it and get back to you...

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
ajaibm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100v
Carrier: vodafone
Smile

Hi
To delete emails on your outlook via the blackberry you need to change some setting on your blackberry device as below:

go into your emails on your device
highlight the date on top and press enter using your scroll wheel then choose options and press enter then choose email reconciliation within this you have delete on: this you can change to mailbox & handheld and the "on conflicts change that to handheld wins - you will need to tell users that they once they delete from the device then the email will be deleted from there mailbox..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
Valj

Model: 7100c

To synch the blackberry directly to a public folder you will need to use the Desktop Manager, disable wireless synching for the address book, and use a cabled synch for the Address Book. There may also be some 3rd party options available but I don't have any experience with them.

If you go the Desktop Manager direction, and are using Outlook 2003, be sure to read up on the issue with DM and Cached Mode in Outlook.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
e00i3@mac.com

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besuser
Go to Servers>EXCHSRVR>Server Configuration>Messaging>Hard Deletes = True. Then you have to go to EXCHSRVR_MDS_CS and clickon Restart Service. Let me know if this works or not. I have a different fix that might help but his seems to be the most effective. Let me know if you find out about the having more than one contact source. I am trying to figure that one out as well.
From what application is the above done?

Thanks,
Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
Rebel XT

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valj
To synch the blackberry directly to a public folder you will need to use the Desktop Manager, disable wireless synching for the address book, and use a cabled synch for the Address Book. There may also be some 3rd party options available but I don't have any experience with them.

If you go the Desktop Manager direction, and are using Outlook 2003, be sure to read up on the issue with DM and Cached Mode in Outlook.
How do I disable 'wireless synching for the address book' so that I can sync with my home outlook address book?? I'm having that issue right now, and can't figure it out. Ever since I registered with my work BES, my address book and calendar is synching only with work email/outlook .... but I dont use my work outlook for the calendar and address book.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

btw, i initially installed the "internet only" blackberry desktop manager on my desktop, should i uninstall it and install the "enterprise" version?

Thanks again
Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

which desktop did you install it on? you only need the enterprise on your work computer and you really don't even need it. should all operate wirelessly. Why don't you just use the contacts from your work account? Export home contacts to PST and import into work computer voila! all contacts sync wirelessly. you can go the other way if you want to update your home computer. (these are outlook instructions)
BES 4.1
Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
Rebel XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydi
which desktop did you install it on? you only need the enterprise on your work computer and you really don't even need it. should all operate wirelessly. Why don't you just use the contacts from your work account? Export home contacts to PST and import into work computer voila! all contacts sync wirelessly. you can go the other way if you want to update your home computer. (these are outlook instructions)
I initially installed DM "internet only" on my home computer to sync with my home outlook...then a few days later i got registered on our company BES. The problem is that my actual work computer is at the workplace...i don't have a company laptop, and I'm only in the office 2x/week. Even then, our work computers are those central server-units called "fast PC" (they are snail-like, a gross misrepresentation of their names!). I don't use my contacts on my work account, because, well, I never used my work account for calendar and address book.

I will give the export to PST option a try, and see if that works. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #10
Rebel XT

Ladydi, I di the export to pst fil and took it to work. Worked like a charm. Thank you very much! No thanks to my company's mis!

XT
Old 01-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #11
Rebel XT

Nevermind guys, i figured it out!
Closed Thread