BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
bergstpg

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Angry Desktop Manager sync issues w/ Bluetooth connection - Blackberry 8800 - AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I am having problems getting the Destop Manager GUI to successfully communicate with its back-end process - when connected through a Bluetooth connection.

You are probably wondering what I am talking about. Well let me tell you what I can and cannot do.

I can establish a Bluetooth connection between my Sony Vaio micro pc (UX-280) running XP (SP2 and latest patches) - in medium protection mode - through manually selected - COM6 - using only the Desktop manager connection type - allocated from the 8800 to this pc. This also required the 8800 to accept the connection un-encrypted.

Once connected, the computer pops up windows that indicate that the Desktop Manager is syncing with the 8800. The 8800 shows Desktop manager syncing as well. Once the sync is complete, Desktop Manager on the PC shows it is disconnected - however - it looks like the 8800 is still connected from its screen.

I cannot backup the phone using the Backup Phone icon within Desktop Manager - connection not established. Nor does it seem like I can manually sync the phone again by clicking on the Sync button - connection not established. I also have a problem modifying the connection properties for Bluetooth connectivity within the Desktop Manager sub menu. All the options seemed to be grayed out and not selectable.

Has anyone else seen this behavior - made it any further than I did - or know of another method to get this Bluetooth connection to work? If so, please advise.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
bergstpg

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

So I uninstalled the Desktop Manager that came with the phone - 4.2.1.6 - and installed the latest version - 4.2.2.14 - and the bluetooth sync seems to work seamlessly. I open up DM and it automatically connects through bluetooth to the 8800 and syncs the two. However, when I try to backup the 8800, it loses it connection. Fortunately I was able to backup using the USB, but I do want this functionality to work so if you have any ideas, let me know.
Closed Thread