Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
porourke

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Can't initialize user who origianally was working

Please Login to Remove!

User was working on BES(4.1.2.25) working with both a Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2000 server. His mail account was on the Exchange 2000 server which was replaced with another Exchange 2007 server(branch office). After moving his mailbox to the new Exchange 2007 server his Blackberry stopped receiving from the BES. I made sure that the BESAdmin has rights on the new server. Used the following from Gary Cutri - Install Guide (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...unctional.html)

3. From the Exchange 2007 server open the “Exchange Management Shell” which can be found in the Exchange program group. From EMS run the following two scripts to set the delegate control and required permissions:

get-mailboxserver <mail_server_name> | add-exchangeadministrator BESAdmin –role ViewOnlyAdmin

get-mailboxserver <mail_server_name> | add-adpermission –user BESAdmin –accessrights GenericRead, GenericWrite, ExtendedRight –extendedrights Send-As, Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin[/I][/I]

I deleted the user from Blackberry Manager and added him again but when I try to activate the status stays as initializing. He runs Enterprise activation and it also seems to hang.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
rehilliard
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9330
Carrier: Verizon

I'd login to the user mailbox in Outlook, restart the Activation, and watch for the ETP email to hit his inbox and then (hopefully) disappear.

If it's:
a) never appearing, then make sure the user's SMTP is allowed to receive external emails
b) stuck in the inbox, then there very well could be permission issues with BES accessing the mailbox (try logging into the mailbox with the besadmin account)

*Make sure he didn't create an Outlook rule that is moving the ETP message to another folder besides inbox.

Just thinking out loud.
Closed Thread