Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

The units I have had and used personally are the following:
Bluespoon Panther edition
Jabra Freespeak first model (not 250)
Motorola HS 810
Motorola HS 820
Motorola HS 850
While the Bluespoon is totally the coolest looking one of them all, I have to say the HS850 is superior for these reasons:
Sound quality differs somewhat slightly from unit to unit although the 850 wins by 10-15%.
What puts the 850 over is the design. It closes which does 3 things:
It conserves power, it answers a call when opened and hangs up a call when closed. For any of us hardcore mobile users, battery life is essential and not only does the 850 outperforme all others without the battery conservation, with it, it blows all others away. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #22
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for doing the research, I'm going to go ahead and order the HS850 tonight as I just ordered my 7520 this afternoon. I'll try the test you mentioned once I have both items.. which could be a week from now or so.

From everything I've read it sounds like the BT800 has fallen short of expectations. It's too heavy, sound quality is normal but not great and the answer button is inconvenient. The flip boom on the HS850 is sounding more and more like the best way to handle it.

I'll report back when I have my equipment.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 03-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #23
MainStream
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

I have been using the Bluespoon AX for about three weeks and I think it's great. Extremely lightweight and comfortable, good incoming volume and people on the other end claim the outgoing sound is very good. I had a Jabra 200 before with a Treo 600 and it was fine but I get better range with the Bluespoon.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #24
RZOCONNOR

Hey---thanks for all of these responses! This has been great and I appreciate all of your posts! I think I am goin gwith the HS850.

Does anyone know a good place to get one?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

I got mine from MalcomWireless through PriceGrabber.com and it was around $92 shipped USPS ground. They had a couple cheaper prices but this place had a stellar user rating so I went with them.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #26
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

My favourite is the SonyEricsson HBH-300. Noise cancelling mic and 10 hours talktime.

$70 on ebay...
Old 03-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #27
jonBB7250

I see that there are a few people recomending the BT800 for the BB7250 and I cant help wondering...
On the specs for the BT800 it says that the phone needs to support a "Headset" profile in order for the Caller ID on the headset to work. I havent found any "Headset" setting on the 7250. So my question, for all who have tried, is "Does the caller ID on the headset work?"
Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #28
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZOCONNOR
Hey---thanks for all of these responses! This has been great and I appreciate all of your posts! I think I am goin gwith the HS850.

Does anyone know a good place to get one?

Thanks

We sell the HS850 for 88.60 - In Stock

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 AM   #29
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Having tested all of the headsets mentioned above...the clear winners are the M3500 from Plantronics and the BT800 Jabra. The HS850 while very good, does not have the fidelity of the other two I mentioned.

Out of those two I give slight edge to the Plantronics in fidelity but the BT800 is more comfortable. Our definition of fidelity is clear on the user end, clear on the caller end, noise cancelling, digital echo and acoustic echo. Neither the BT800 or Plantronics have exhibited any echo and both have outstanding noise cancelling. The plantronics seems to have a more balanced tonality on the user end.

The BT 800 has way more features than the other headsets but at the end of the day some people just need to make calls.

Test phones were: SE t637, BlackBerry 7100t (OS4) and Treo 650 GSM.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #30
kamoze357
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 32C5E485
Carrier: Sprint

i'm contemplating the 250v or the hs850 for the BB 7250. I've seen so many conflicting opinions on both, im not sure which way to go.

As for the Jabra 250v, does the vibrate feature work nicely or is it a lot of hype? Is the talk time truly 7-8 hrs? How is it when you drive with it on (true noise)? Has anyone used it outdoors?

The HS850 mics folds open and close i've read, does this piece seem sturdy or prone to plastic fatigue? Is it good in the conditions described above? How are these multifunction buttons? Useful? Have you three way called anyone with it?
Any personal feedback you can provided will be appreciated.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #31
thegallier

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon

I used to have the 850 but I am currently using the v510. Listeners are complaining less about echo and the volume is clearly better. I am using the latest handheld os version. The only thing I dont like is the on/off button which is quite difficult the push. The 850 was also lighter on the ear.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #32
scottd34

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZOCONNOR
What's the best Bluetooth Headset for the 7250?
I just picked up a Jabrat BT350 and it is really nice, light and comfortable
Old 10-22-2005, 12:18 AM   #33
ronnie-j

Thumbs up Plantronics Discovery 640

I purchased the plantronics 640 a week ago for use with my 7250. I have found the sound quality excellent - volume is excellent - I have to keep it turned down or it is too loud. Pairing is simple. I have not tried re-dialing last number or any advanced features other than mute. If I lay the BB on the seat of my car, I can walk about 15 feet away before reception becomes useless. I assume if I dash-mounted it would provide better range as it would not be shielded by the doors.

Charging is interesting - you need to use a sleeve that it slips into, charge cord plugs into that. There are adapters provided to allow the sleeve to use the car/AC charger from a few different brands of phones. Unfortunately there is not one for the BB included in the kit, but I was told by the sales guy one is forthcoming from Plantronics.

Pros - extremely slim design, lightweight, great audio quality. Many people seem surprised by how small it is - It is slimmer than the Motorola, Jabra, and Body Glove units I've seen.

Cons - Car noise is heard as mild background noise by those on the other end of the conversation when at highway speeds.

I paid 138 at an airport store in a moment of weakness. Battery has not worn out with casual use on any given day. I use the phone maybe 2 to 3 hours a day at most actual talk time - on standby about 14 hours a day.

Hope this helps. I like this set very much and do recommend it. I suspect a model with a noise-cancelling mike would better serve those in really noisy envrionements.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #34
kennethbokor

Carrier: Rogers
Default would be curious to know the call answer delay time

Hi. What is the delay time from when your BB rings, you press the call answer button on the BT Headset, and your calling party hears you?

Can you time that and let me know?

Thanks, Ken

PS: I just posted a long review of several devices under another thread that is till on-going. You may want to check it out.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 AM   #35
BadBoyBill

Go with the 850 you wont be disapointed.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 AM   #36
patrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VERIZON
Default Discovery 640

I just receiced the Plantronics Discovery 640. So far I am dissapointed over the quality of sound going out. I hear excellent and am even getting used to the funky ear bud. But the quality of my converstaion on the other end seems poor.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #37
Danc

Model: 7130g
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
But the quality of my converstaion on the other end seems poor.
I have had no complaints from listeners on the other end of my 640. Everything about the 640 works better than the HS850 for my 7100G. Loudness, clarity, comfort. Maybe just me but that's my take on it.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #38
Shoofro

Carrier: Verizon
Default 7250 Headset - Flamingo

I just received my first Blackberry (7250) yesterday. Prior to receiving my BB, I ordered the Flamingo bluetooth headset based on various reviews in another thread on this site. The headset and BB both came in yesterday, and I charged them during the day. Between last night and today, I have made about ten calls, totaling about an hour, using the headset.

The result - crystal clear sound on my end, and not a single complaint or negative comment from the other sides of the conversations. In fact, after I told my wife and mother that I was using a new phone and headset, they both commented that the sound was much better than my previous phone while using a wired Jabra headset. Interestingly, neither had ever complained about the sound quality with the old phone and headset, so that says something about how good the 7250/Flamingo combo is working for me.

I know some of the other posts here have mentioned wind noise being an issue with the Flamingo. I was able to use it in my car with the air conditioner on (without a problem), whereas my wired Jabra headset picks up the wind noise from the a/c. Also, the Flamingo shipped with a windsock, but I have not used it yet.

I am still having a little difficulty in getting the headset put into my ear, but once it's there, it stays in place fine and is more comfortable than my old Jabra. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase, and thanks to all of the posters in the main bluetooth headset thread for their assistance and comments on headsets.

PS - I purchased it from www.blueheadsets.com (1st time purchase - easy experience with shipping dates as promised), and the site states that it is not compatible with Blackberry. I knew from another post that the Flamingo worked with the 7250, so I tried it. I'm glad I did.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:26 AM   #39
ncorrieri

Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint

So it looks like Plantronics M3500 has the best Noise Cancellation/Sound QUality for the user on the other end?

Flamingo's the close 2nd??
(but barjohn, didnt you say the m3000 was better than flamingo?)
Old 11-29-2005, 04:51 AM   #40
ncorrieri

Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint

logitech mobile freedom has had good reviews by treo idiots

supposedly it kicks ass with wind noise .. i live in mn, and like to walk around alot when im on a long CC. So i always have to fight with frigid winds or summer breezes disturbing my calls.

So far with my 7250 ive been stuck indoors (and i cant do anything or people freak about my background noise).

remember the good old days when you could pee on a cell phone and no one could hear you?

Last edited by ncorrieri; 11-29-2005 at 05:06 AM..
Closed Thread