Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

Please Login to Remove!

I have an 8900 with music and movies on my phone.

I would like over the ear stereo bluetooth headphones, that will not only play my music but the movies as well.

I know the music from Slacker will play, since I tested it on my BlueAnt V1. Slacker has a menu selection to enable bluetooth.

But, when I tried the V1 with my movies, no sound and no menu selection for bluetooth. Haven't tried the V1 with the music already on my phone and not from Slacker.

All this media is on my sdhc media card.

Is this not working because the V1 is not stereo or will no bluetooth stereo headset play my movies.

The movies were put the 8900 with Roxio after conversion with Mobiola Video Studio. The music copied from my laptop to the phone thru Roxio.

Thanks for any advice and education,

Ken
Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I think I've read the newer BB's like the Storm (don't know your model) can play the audio portion of a movie over bluetooth (older units do not). Can you hear the soundtrack using the BB's internal speaker and/or wired phones? The limitation might be as you suggest, your current BT earpiece was not designed for that purpose.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
rugmankc

Yes, I can hear everything fine thru the internal speaker and head phone jack with stereo headsets. Although, when I use a regular stereo headset, it does not make good contact like the A2D2 headsets that came with the 8900.

My converted movies are mp4 video and aac audio. Read somewhere that I may need to convert using a stereo setting for the audio. Not sure if there is a setting on my converter for that. Or, if it even matters.

Anyone listening to converted movies on their BB's with a bluetooth stereo headset?

It may just be the V1. But, would hate to order a headset and not have it work.

Ken
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
rugmankc

Got the Plantronics 590E (over the ear) and they work great for music and movie audios.

Also replaced my A2DP earbuds that came with phone. No more popping noises when plug is rotated while inside jack.

All is good.

Ken
Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
rugmankc

All is sorta still good.

Everything with the 590e is working superbly, except on the movies I get a 1-2sec audio drop out every few minutes.

Not sure if it is my audio (acc) format which both items support, or something with the 8900. This doesn't happen when not on the headphones or when I play through the earbuds that came with the 8900. So, I will assume it is in the 590e or the bluetooth transmission itself.

I can live with it and will see if I can convert another dvd and see what other audio options I have.

Any thoughts?

Ken
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
new memberr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange

Is the drop out coming when you are outside? The bluetooth signal distance is drasically reduced outside because the signal has no walls to bounce off and come back at you. Class 2 bluetooth is 10m range but outside it could be half a meter away and you may still get occassional signal loss. Inside it should be better.

Do you find you get a delay in the mouthed words on the film and when you hear them?
Closed Thread