BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
Nick DC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default loading mp3 ringtones with desktop manager?

Please Login to Remove!

I can't seem to figure this out, I probably missed it all together...but I read in the blackberry help that you can upload mp3 ring tones via desktop manager. I have no idea where that option lies? anyone know?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Where in the BB help did you read that? Unless there has been a very recent change or a brand new third party app developed, I didn't think this was possible.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 02-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Nick DC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I just looked at it again, maybe it's a play on words. In the cingular manual it says in the FAQ: Where can i download games and ring tones for my device? Answer: You can download new programs using the cingular browser (media net or mMode) on your blackberry device or download them on your computer and load them onto the device using the application loader tool of the blackberry desktop software.

so maybe they just mean the games? but then the headline question would omit ring tones ? maybe there's a way to pack ringtones into an application loader format ?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick DC
so maybe they just mean the games? but then the headline question would omit ring tones ? maybe there's a way to pack ringtones into an application loader format ?
Apploader files are installables for the BBerry. They are not really packable file formats like a ZIP. Basically like a pkg in Sun or msi in Microsoft.

-G2D
Old 02-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick DC
I just looked at it again, maybe it's a play on words. In the cingular manual it says in the FAQ: Where can i download games and ring tones for my device? Answer: You can download new programs using the cingular browser (media net or mMode) on your blackberry device or download them on your computer and load them onto the device using the application loader tool of the blackberry desktop software.

---
That's a Frequently Asked Question file, not specifically a help file. The wording is not incorrect only incomplete. The response only addresses the Program portion of the question. It should also say that Ringtones can only be downloaded OTA.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Last edited by rcbjr; 02-16-2006 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction
Closed Thread