Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #121
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Hey

I was just googling and I saw this old thread so I thought I would update it and let everyone know that I also started to create my own BB GPS golf application

Site: BBGSPGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone
Download web site: BBGSPGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

If anyone wants to give it a try feel free, because it is free

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Old 10-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #122
crazygolfer

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default does anyone has instructions

Hi,

just downloaded it for BB 8310. Are there any instructions on how to use this program. Any help would be useful. Just wanted to mention that I am talking about BBGOLF software.

Thanks

Last edited by crazygolfer; 10-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: question not clear
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #123
YouCaddy

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Golf GPS Applications

Check out YouCaddy Mobile GPS application from YouCaddy, Inc. It is a complete, fun golf solution utilizing today's latest mobile technology that could provide the recreational golfer with multiple golf services, on and off the course, before, during, and after the game, anywhere, anytime. The services include course directory lookup, golf strategy, course conditions, GPS rangefinding, score tracking, game tracking, game uploading for sharing and analysis, and even thousands of dollars of reduced green fees, specials, promotions each year at a fraction of cost of the current solution. Why pay hundred of dollars up front when you can pay as low as $0.99 per round played with a lot more features for FREE?

Also, check out new product SpeedPutt for BlackBerry Storm. SpeedPutt is the #1 golf putting assistance application that helps golfers to make more putts, lowering the score, making the game more enjoyable, and best of all, speed up the play on the green.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #124
TnDan

Model: 8830
Default Free Golf GPS

I've been using nRange Golf GPS and love it!
The accuracy seems exactly the same as Sky Caddie from the few rounds I've played with other folks who have one.

Lot better than dropping $400 on a Sky Caddie.

Google nRange Golf GPS to get the site.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #125
lucidot

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

NRange is completely useless if your courses are not in their database.

All of the courses in my area are not in their dbase. These are very well known courses and CC's.

Without the option to map your courses like most of the other apps allow you to do, this one is a complete FLOP.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #126
TnDan

Model: 8830

All I can comment on is my own experience. Some of my favorite courses were not ready but they got them mapped within a couple of days and I didn't have to do a thing. They seem very responsive and make everything very easy.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #127
cuejunky

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

I am new to the BB scene and have been looking at all of the different golfing solutions for a simple effective app. I like GreenFinder and it is a suscription based service with over 10000 mapped courses. Check it out.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #128
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: ATT

I'm still a fan of TeeDroid (TeeDroid Mobile Phone Golf Caddy System).

It is the only one I have seen so far that gives you all the distances for everything and keeps track of all your stats for the round and then overall for all rounds uploaded. So you can keep track of scores, putts, GIR, fairways hit, etc. You can also map and keep track of every shot of your round and when you upload it the website will overlay your shots on the map of the course so you can see where every shot in the round went. Very cool!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #129
TheDue

Carrier: Alltell

TeeDroid looks like the way to go for me, however after 8 day's they still don't have my course mapped out! I know I could do it myself and guess I'll have to, but can't say I'm very handy technically.

Anyone else having trouble getting their course mapped? They claim to have it done between 2 and 7 day's.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #130
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDue View Post
TeeDroid looks like the way to go for me, however after 8 day's they still don't have my course mapped out! I know I could do it myself and guess I'll have to, but can't say I'm very handy technically.

Anyone else having trouble getting their course mapped? They claim to have it done between 2 and 7 day's.
hmm, I have never tried to have them map a course for me. I have always done it myself with google earth. it isn't too bad once you get into and do a couple of holes.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #131
TheDue

Default TeeDroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmer View Post
hmm, I have never tried to have them map a course for me. I have always done it myself with google earth. it isn't too bad once you get into and do a couple of holes.
casmer, I mapped my course out and have a few problems. If you have some experience with it maybe you can help.

First, I noticed some distances off while on the course. Like a 291 yd drive, lol. I couldn't do that down hill in a tornado. When I uploaded the results of my round, the play by play shows my puts, in the hole were not even on the green. All the shots for the entire round seem to be North and East of the correct position.

I use an 8330 BB / 4.3.0 ver. This last outing I took a lot of time on each hole to make sure the GPS had time to zero in. Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #132
finnk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDue View Post
casmer, I mapped my course out and have a few problems. If you have some experience with it maybe you can help.

First, I noticed some distances off while on the course. Like a 291 yd drive, lol. I couldn't do that down hill in a tornado. When I uploaded the results of my round, the play by play shows my puts, in the hole were not even on the green. All the shots for the entire round seem to be North and East of the correct position.

I use an 8330 BB / 4.3.0 ver. This last outing I took a lot of time on each hole to make sure the GPS had time to zero in. Any ideas?
TheDue,

GPS signals are actually weak microwaves so they can be interferred by bad weather/poor line of sights to satellites. The more satellites are in view the better location accuracy you get. The TeeDroid application displays a GPS signal quality indicator just under the green image. Green means good, Yellow ok, Red poor. It is possible that the satellite image is slightly off on that particular course, we have seen that on a few courses. We are working on a solution to be able to correct the image drift problem.

Best regards,

finnk
Old 06-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #133
TheDue

Thanks for the reply, I am noticing the indicater having trouble getting to green. If there is something I can do to optimize my gps please let me know.

Thanks, TheDue
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #134
PA Golfer

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Review of top three BlackBerry Golf GPS apps

I found a good review and rating of the three best golf GPS apps for BlackBerry on gps.About.com. I must agree RE nRange being the best.
Closed Thread