Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #81
viper2809
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5
yeah, I guess. But you would think that all the people dying for a good sync that would submit proper beta reports... that would be invaluable. Maybe they have forgotten that beta testers do so much of the work. So that when they release they have less headaches with pissed off end users.
True but could you imagine the headache of 100 people submitting the same bug report? They would have to read and respond to each one.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #82
viper2809

Default Fyi...

Quote:
The caller ID photo is a brand new feature in the Pearl, so we’ve got that on the list for the next version. Thanks for those suggestions!

Thanks!

--Anne.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #83
OmiloC

Model: 8700c
Carrier: TMO
Default 4.0 beta link not working

I tried to copy paste the link for the pocketmac 4.0 beta and it says page not found. Can someone help ?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #84
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmiloC
I tried to copy paste the link for the pocketmac 4.0 beta and it says page not found. Can someone help ?
someone has it online from this post one page back
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...tml#post331541
Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #85
pvantienen

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Default PM 4 beta and 8703e

Anyone have any luck getting PM 4 beta to recognize the 8703e?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #86
trustworthy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughaston
When this happens, can you open "Activity Monitor" and make sure "all processes" are selected... Is the CPU eaten up by something you don't recognize?

Thank you for this suggestion. After I restarted it seemed to work. Perhaps the app wasn't closed. 4.0 is working tonight just fine. If it hangs again I will be sure to check Activity Monitor.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #87
OmiloC

Model: 8700c
Carrier: TMO

how to you load apps on beta 4.0? I am trying to see if blinkberry demo might work but it is .cod or .alx if these are compatible is it just drag and drop?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #88
hughaston

Model: 8120
PIN: CafeBabe
Carrier: R0bber$

Its hiding in the tools menu, and only is non-greyed out when the device has properly connected to PocketMac (ie the PIN shows up in the 1st pane), oh and it has to be an .alx file
Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #89
thrillhouse

Model: pearl

still syncing... after about 15 minutes. is this normal?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #90
viper2809

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse
still syncing... after about 15 minutes. is this normal?
Well you either have an insane amount of stuff to sync. Or you have one of the apps you are syncing open. Or PM is not connected to your BB.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #91
pearllover

Default MediaMax Site - no files

I'm not sure if someone removed the file, but there seems to be space left for today, but no files are there!

HELP!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #92
flinxt

torrent hosted on the pirate bay...

search under
PocketMac 4.0 Beta With Blackberry Pearl Support

torrent number:
/tor/3531295

thanks for everyone's help! ;)

my contacts and calendars are all synced up now!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #93
thrillhouse

Model: pearl

do i have to have a media card to use this? it gets hung up checking for a mounted media card. i just want to get my contacts into the internal memory.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #94
michael.lee

Default shutdown issues

anyone else having issues shutting down their mac after syncing. i checked activity monitor and the their was a system process maxed out (pcsd), i think it has to do with the system usb bus. i have a couple of ideas to try out. i'll reply if i find a soluton.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #95
mspalacios

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Securenotes?

There is reference in the documentation of an application that will be made available soon (Pocketmac Secure Notes) to sync Notes with.

Has anyone seen this?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:47 AM   #96
jasonrak

Carrier: Cingular
Default *some hints*

OK so I have been using the software now for a few hours and have tried a couple different syncs. Beginning didnt start off perfect but modified and it is now running superbly. I, too, have the SKIPPING issues which does not appear to have gone away, yet strangely doesn't appear to be affecting anything with my sync. Go figure. So I hope these help as they have seemingly worked for me. I am using an Intel Macbook (FYI):

1. if you notice when you download the software to your Mac and read the notes in the first box prior to instal on the bottom it states make sure you eject your memory card for 8100. So to do this go to the "finder" and eject it. It was that easy and worked for me. No hang ups after I did that. Hopefully the release evrsion will have this corrected but definitely a bug, as many others can attest.

2. You will recive double iCal items if the item is listed on your Mac AND your device when you sync. Only have it listed on one or the other. So, either go to your Mac or your Pearl abd delete one of teh same events. For re-occurring events, delete the whole subset on one. You should sync again and now see the event(s) listed only on either your Mac or your Pearl.

3. You MUST have your media card set to mass storage mode, even if you are going to eject it like we discussed. Even though I did eject it prior to sync, I tried it with teh support off and it wouldn't recognize teh Pearl. Very odd. Don;t know if anyone else has come accross this but happened nevertheless. So to fix, go to your Pearl and options -> advanced options -> media card and enable mass storage mode support (turn it to on). You won't need any encryption mode if you don't want.

3. After you have downloaded teh bookmark application to the Pearl and attempting to look at the bookmarks you will probably notice they arent there. Just by stroke of luck I think I kept hitting a few keys and noticed the only way to maximize them to view was the *space* key on the Pearl. Why not the trackball? Beats me. Weird, but true. So don't be alarmed you can see them!

4. Trying to sync stickies seems to certainly give errors right now. Software appears to hang for a few minutes for whatever reason. Until they do some fixing or at least until software goes live, may want to opt out of this in the PocketMac control panel (make sure it is unchecked).

5. If you want to uninstall for whatever reason, do NOT just simply delete the program like you would do for other Mac applications. Go to Applications and you will see in the PocketMac folder an option to uninstall. Use it! I decided I was curious as to why it had an uninstaller and 99% of other Mac apps don't. Well let's just say I found out (oy!) and advise you to follow the directions that you hopefully read when installing the software. It leaves alot of dirty remnants of the program behind specifically if you don't use the uninstaller. May make installing the go live version messy and difficult.

6. I am not syncing Taks, Notes, or Email so I do not know if these interrupt syncing sessions or give errors or whatnot.

7. It seems as if in order to sync the Pearl needs the full juice of the system. What I mean is that it seems as if it will n ot recognize the Pearl to sync if, like me, you have a 4 or 6 port hub for USB. I tried to attach it to my hub since I have one USB port on my MacBook dedicated to an external drive and teh other to hub so I can have mu Palm, digital camera, ipod, etc. connected when I need it. The Pearl gives a message that basically isnt strong enough USB current to recognize and sync the Pearl with the Mac. The only way around this I found after playing around with it for a while is that you are just going to have to plug it into one of teh Mac ports itself (unplug one of the two items you already have connected. This is a pain but maybe due to my hub not being powerful enough. I dunno...I may try and buy a better hub and see what happens. But for now try it out and see how it works for you.

Well I really like teh software. I think the go live version will be even a little better when they tweak some of the issues.
If someone is able to do something I had an issue with, please post, I'd love to know (and I'm sure all the rest of our crackberry-aholics would love to know too!)

Jason
Old 09-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #97
datafirm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: New ATT because of iPhone
Default caller id in the next versions?

I though this was the next version? They had to have known this feature was available.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be able to sync to my MAC!!
Old 10-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #98
Calislangin

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile
Thumbs up

I know the link was taken down but would anyone be willing to send me the program. I've been dying not being able to sync my 8100 w/ my Mac. I have no problem getting the offcial version once its done, but I need a little fix right now.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #99
Gigglez

Carrier: tmobile

can someone e-mail me pocketmac 4 my laptop crashed and i lost everything .. PLEASE i can't wait i need HELP!!!

[email address]
Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #100
plakius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon

has anyone noticed that the disk doesn't mount now that pocket mac is installed ... do we now have to send everything over BT or is there a setting that i am missin? ooops ... unplug ... replug ... WORKS

Last edited by plakius; 10-09-2006 at 02:30 PM..
Closed Thread