Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Fuzzy Head

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Syncing Calendar with Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I've managed to sync my contacts and my tasks but my calendar isn't syncing. I've changed the CICAL default to the calendar I want to sync (I'm using two - one for work and the other for personal). I sync my business CICAL calendar with Outlook 2003 at work with no problems but can't seem to sync my personal CICAL calendar with Outlook 2007 at home after I've changed my default settings. I've spent the last few days pouring over the forums but didn't come up with any answers to this particular problem...any ideas would be greatly appreciated (I just picked up my first blackberry (8700g) 2 months ago)

Last edited by Fuzzy Head; 02-09-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

Assuming you have set up sync correctly in desktop manager:

1 - Make sure the default calendar address is the same as the default messaging address in default services options.

2 - If the calendar and messaging are indeed the same and it still does not sync, delete all CICAL service books, do a hard reset, resend service books, and try again.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Fuzzy Head

Default Thank-you

Thanks Ira (aiharkness)- but why is Outlook 2007 syncing my contacts and my tasks correctly then...I have set up my default callendar and default messaging to the email address I'm trying to sync....
Old 02-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Something is boogered with the calendar. From my experience, if desktop manager sync's everything but the calendar and does not throw an error on the calendar but just skips right by it, then (1) your calendar sync settings are wrong, (2) your default CICAL address in options is wrong, or (3) something else is messed up and deleting and resending the CICAL service books usually fixes it (whatever it is).

You didn't mention an error, so I assumed it was one of the above. If you are seeing and error, then it may be a different matter.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Fuzzy Head

Default How to delete and resend CICAL service books

Quote:
(3) something else is messed up and deleting and resending the CICAL service books usually fixes it (whatever it is).
You mentioned above that I need to delete and resend the "service books"...I don't have the faintest notion of how to do this...I have two calendars (one personal and the other work) and I do not want to in any way jeopardize my work calendar...how would I delete and resend my CICAL personal calendar...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

Is your blackberry on BES? I assumed it is not from you original post. It sounds like you are using desktop manager to sync with Outlook both at work and at home. Is that the case?

If I understand you correctly and you are not on BES:

1 - Do a backup just to be safe. You shouldn't have a problem, but a backup is always wise.

2 - Open options > advanced options > service book

3 - Look for entries that start with an email address and end with CICAL in brackets and delete those. Do not delete anything else.

4 - Select close from the menu and repeat until you are back to your application or home screen.

5 - Perform a hard reset (remove the battery for 30+ seconds).

6 - After the device has finished booting, go back into options and see if the CICAL service books got pushed back. If not, see

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...rvice_books%3F

But you should be able to resend servicebooks from the device from within the internet email setup wizard. If you don't see the link right off, look around, for example in help section.

You will have your separate calendars again after the service books are pushed to the device. I'm not 100% sure if your calendar entries from the past will still be separated or not. But I'm 99% sure you will be able to sync the calendar with Outlook again, so long as the default calendar and default messaging settings in options are the same.

If you are on BES, I'd rather not try and advise. It would proabably be better for you to talk to your admin anyway.

Last edited by aiharkness; 02-15-2010 at 08:14 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
Fuzzy Head

Default Problem solved

I found this solution from another site last night and you've detailed it step by step in such a concise manner that I was actually confident in following you into the abyss (in my mind at least)....Problem solved...everything is syncing like a charm....maybe I can get my wife hooked on a blackberry to co-ordinate our schedules Kudos to you, Ira. Blessings.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

No problem. Glad you got it working. Thank the forum.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
Fuzzy Head

Default Continuing Difficulties (More of the same old)

I've had to re-send my service books again (after it worked the first time) and it seemed to fix it (again)....now I'm at the same point again where it is not syncing...it syncs fine at work but when I switch to my personal calendar (linked to a different email address) it stops syncing completely....could it be that my google calendar sync with Outlook is throwing it off? That is the only thing that I've changed in the last week...arghhhh! I don't want to continue to have to resend my service books. I was half an hour late for a personal appointment this morning due to this confounding issue!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
czechgrubworm

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Is there a Service Book for the Device Default Calendar also?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
Fuzzy Head

Yes - I have four service calendars with four email addresses but only use two callendars
Closed Thread