BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
EssamBB

Model: 8520
Carrier: Mobinil
Exclamation famous calls log problem through phone list view

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there, i'm not going to raise here a new problem but the famous one related to inability to show missed calls simply by pressing hard Green phone key!! in spite of owned model or used OS, i found it a dominating problem that you can't display your missed calls through Phone list view anymore "simply by pressing green phone key" since the Call Log option is not existing under >>phone/options/general options/phone list view, instead you only have to choose from (Most Recent) (Most Used) (Name). i have a strong background about all relevant work around tricks such as:
  1. Enabling Call logging in order to display missed and/or placed calls under messages directory, yes it's quite annoying
  1. or camp on messgaes and compine ALT+P, but i would prefer to not know whom i've missed rather than doing this every time!!
So, please i need a professional reply why do i have Call log option accedently disappeared from my phone list view down menu and how to retrive it back, however it was existing for a long time ago even after upgrading my Curve 8520 from 4.6 to OS v5. Thanks in advance for your expected RATIONAL support.

Last edited by EssamBB; 09-09-2011 at 09:06 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: famous calls log problem through phone list view

First of all, I have no idea what you mean by the "famous one".

Second, please keep in mind that we are in no way connected to RIM. We are all volunteers.

Perhaps, for a RATIONAL answer and/or professional reply, you should contact your carrier and have them escalate it to RIM. Or call RIM directly for support on a pay for support basis.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 09-09-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
EssamBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
First of all, I have no idea what you mean by the "famous one".

Second, please keep in mind that we are in no way connected to RIM. We are all volunteers.

Perhaps, for a RATIONAL answer and/or professional reply, you should contact your carrier and have them escalate it to RIM. Or call RIM directly for support on a pay for support basis.

"famous one" based on how often i've seen it reported by so many BB users every where with no real answer and i doubt that you don't consider it as a famous problem with 442 Thanks to your posts.

secondly, indeed i understand what Online Forums concept means as volunteering work, inline i was not requesting a committed resolve but a precise support from who knows, Do YOU!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

It helps if you define your problem in laymen's terms so any one can understand it. And no, I do not know because I cannot understand what you are asking.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Perhaps you should contact your carrier as they may understand what you need.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
EssamBB

Sorry it seems i've descirbed it as a well known problem, so let me clarify a little more bit.

As you know, To be able to display missed calls through phone list view you have to adjust (Phone List View) under >>Phone/Options/General Options to "Call Log".

Recently "Call Log" option has disappeared from Phone List View drop menu and remain only "Most Recent", "Most Used" & "Names" options to select from and accordingly by selecting "Most Recent" missed calls became inaccessable unless through messages directory/Call logging enabled.

Prior to it happened, i had upgraded my Curve 8520 from OS v4.6 to v5.0, however it's not the triggering point as it was working properly for a while after this upgrade.

i hope it's clear now and sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
It helps if you define your problem in laymen's terms so any one can understand it. And no, I do not know because I cannot understand what you are asking.
He's saying he doesn't see the missed calls unless he turns on the feature. But he doesn't want to turn on the feature because it's annoying (I guess it muddies up the logs with missed calls or something).

Reminds me of the guy who wouldn't put gas in his tank because it weighed down the back end. And in his view, the dealer made lousy cars that didn't run worth a hoot...

Last edited by Soapm; 09-09-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

To be honest, I don't remember "Call Log" being under Phone/Options/General Options but maybe I just never used that feature before. It's definitely not there now. Not sure why it disappeared, if it was there. Maybe RIM decided to remove it.

However, as an alternative. If you go to Messages > Menu key > View Folder you can then scroll down and select "Missed Calls", you will see only missed calls. At least that's the way it is on my 9000 v5.x OS.

Last edited by devnull; 09-09-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Here is my problem!

I want to use data but I don't want to turn it on because it uses data and that costs me moola..

Anyone know how I can use data this way?

I can't use wifi either because that costs moola unless I find a free wifi but then it drains my battery..

Thanks!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
EssamBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
He's saying he doesn't see the missed calls unless he turns on the feature. But he doesn't want to turn on the feature because it's annoying (I guess it muddies up the logs with missed calls or something).

Reminds me of the guy who wouldn't put gas in his tank because it weighed down the back end. And in his view, the dealer made lousy cars that didn't run worth a hoot...
I'm afraid that you didn't get the problem yet, normally you can show missed calls in 2 ways:

1- either by setting >>Phone Options/General Options/Phone List View to "Call Log" then you can easily display them by pressing phone Green Key.

2- or by setting >>Phone Options/Call Logging to "All Calls" Or "Missed Calls" and in this case all calls indicators shall be displayed mixed with your messages in messages list and this is what i've descibed as annoying.

NB: posted issue is considering the 1st approach since "Call Log" option isn't existing there anymore/has disappeared.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssamBB View Post
I'm afraid that you didn't get the problem yet, normally you can show missed calls in 2 ways:

1- either by setting >>Phone Options/General Options/Phone List View to "Call Log" then you can easily display them by pressing phone Green Key.

2- or by setting >>Phone Options/Call Logging to "All Calls" Or "Missed Calls" and in this case all calls indicators shall be displayed mixed with your messages in messages list and this is what i've descibed as annoying.

NB: posted issue is considering the 1st approach since "Call Log" option isn't existing there anymore/has disappeared.
When I hit my green button I see all my calls in the order they were last received (Most Recent). My missed calls are a orange/gold color with a red X. You want "Initial View" to be Call Log and "Phone List View" to your preference. I think you know that and your post is just a typo...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Here is my problem!

I want to use data but I don't want to turn it on because it uses data and that costs me moola..

Anyone know how I can use data this way?

I can't use wifi either because that costs moola unless I find a free wifi but then it drains my battery..

Thanks!
Turn on WiFi then wrap your phone completely in aluminum foil. Poke a small hole in the foil on the back exactly over the camera flash which will allow free data through but all charged data will be blocked by the foil. You may need to trigger the flash from time to time to keep the hole from clogging...

I was using my USB cord as an antenna but my neighbor cut his trees and through off the wave length of the free waves which is how I stumbled across the foil method...

Good luck!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #13
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

What in the world just happened here?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
EssamBB

I thought i registered here to get and provide some help for what we all suffer, NOT to get some silly jokes or have fun!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #15
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Did you read my post above?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
EssamBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
To be honest, I don't remember "Call Log" being under Phone/Options/General Options but maybe I just never used that feature before. It's definitely not there now. Not sure why it disappeared, if it was there. Maybe RIM decided to remove it.

However, as an alternative. If you go to Messages > Menu key > View Folder you can then scroll down and select "Missed Calls", you will see only missed calls. At least that's the way it is on my 9000 v5.x OS.
Yes and thanks for your attention, also you can show call log through messages by pressing ALT+P as easier shortcut than openning Missed Calls folder, However i'm sheding the light on my problem that i can't view them by pressing Green phone send Key--> it requires Phone List View to be configured on "Call Log" the option that in my case suddenly BECAME not exist there.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
EssamBB

Anyway, it seems complicated enough to involve carrier support.
Thanks Debdub, NJ & devnull.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssamBB View Post
Yes and thanks for your attention, also you can show call log through messages by pressing ALT+P as easier shortcut than openning Missed Calls folder, However i'm sheding the light on my problem that i can't view them by pressing Green phone send Key--> it requires Phone List View to be configured on "Call Log" the option that in my case suddenly BECAME not exist there.
As a side note, I miss column view on my browser. At my age the micro view the new browser initially gives is worthless to me and I hate having to zoom in on the section I want to read. Just saying you're not the lone rower in the boat of unhappiness with tweaks RIM's made.

Having said that I fired up my old 7200 standby phone and still don't see missed calls as the only log showing when you hit the phone button. If indeed it were a previous option the change came via an OS update. Like my bowser issue, your only immediate solution is to roll back the OS to one that worked to your liking.

Calling your carrier is a great idea. My suggestions is to frustrate them so you can get transferred to RIM. Not that it made a difference with my browser but it sure made me feel better to voice my frustration directly to RIM.

Confucius said, "he that goes not expecting fun is heading to grave of stress". At least he should have said it...
Closed Thread