BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Bomahony

Model: 8700
Default Stupid Question

Please Login to Remove!

Well im new to BB. Work just got me one a few days ago.

Here goes anyways. I got an 8700. I have a BES server at work, which sends my work mail - i have also signed up my online webmail (personal).

Once i signed up my personal account, a new icon appeared. Only problem is i dont wnat to be checking my personal account all the time. Is it possible to create one of these icons for the mail from my BES server, so that rather than going to messages and seeing both work and personal, i can just go to the work email.

Secondly. Our carrier has given us free gprs data traffic. We get charged for WAP traffic. How can i tell which apps use GPRS and which use WAP? Is it possible to completely disable wap so its not used?

Thanx (i know these are stupid and beginers questions but ive been searching these forums for an hour)

B
Old 09-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

In the message list, click the wheel and select Search. Set up a search that only displays mail sent to your work address, click the wheel again and save it. On the next screen, assign a shortcut key to the search (I use alt + w for work) and save that. Now, anytime you open your message list and click the shortcut key, you will see only messages sent to your work address.

For the second question I have no answers. Sorry.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Bomahony

Model: 8700

Thanx.

Wish there was a better way, but its better than nothing. I was hoping to be able to set up one of those nice looking folders for work, then one for text messages.

Guess not

:(

But it definately is better than nothing.

B
Old 09-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomahony
Secondly. Our carrier has given us free gprs data traffic. We get charged for WAP traffic. How can i tell which apps use GPRS and which use WAP? Is it possible to completely disable wap so its not used?
You need to ask for a better definition from your carrier. All data traffic constitutes GPRS traffic - WAP traffic IS GPRS traffic (or EDGE/EvDO, the higher speed variants.) So you need clarification on what traffic IS allowed if WAP isn't - comparing GPRS to WAP is apples/oranges.
Closed Thread