BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
malarch

Model: 8700g
Default Bluetooth Connectivity Issues (while on a call)...PLEASE HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BlackBerry 8700g from T-mobile and use a Plantronics L-510 Bluetooth(tm) Headset.

When the headset is 'connected' to the phone (not in call), the flashing light on the phone is [of course] blue and there is a bluetooth icon in the upper right margin of the phone's screen - with two small double arrows - that further signifies the connection. When on a call, there is an additional bluetooth icon that appears in the upper left corner of the screen that signifies a successful radio connection - allowing me to talk/listen through the bluetooth.

While on a call from time to time (which is too many times), the radio connection (bluetooth icon in upper left margin) will suddenly 'disable' - deterring me from speaking listening through the phone. The odd thing is that - the connectivity of the bluetooth to the phone (signified by the blue flashing light and the connection icon in the upper right margin) remians on. In order to reengage the radio connection, I have to click the pick-up/hang-up button on the front side of the bluetooth boom...but after 5 seconds, the radio will disable again...UGH!!

At first, I thought it was the Plantronics headset causing the problem, so I requested a warranty and received a replacement. For the 1st couple of days, the headset worked fine (up to an hour conversation and no problems), but - unfortunately as recent as today, the aformentioned problem resurfaced!!!

I called Plantronics tech support to find out if they've heard of problems like this from other customers and the reps I spoke don't have any knowledge (although there was a tech support rep I talked to while setting up the warranty replacement who alleged Plantronics was planning to meet with RIM reps about similar connectivity issues?). I haven't called BlackBerry tech support as yet - but thought I would try and gather any feedback / similar issues / solutions from this forum.

Any suggestions or software updates that anyone knows of [to alleviate this bizzare issue] is greatly appreciated in advance. PLEASE HELP!!!

MLA
Old 09-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Sounds like a software OS issue on your BB. What version do you have installed on your BB? Stock T-mobile? Maybe a wipe of the device and a reinstall of the current OS?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
tmojay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T

actually you will likely need a handset exchange. i just solved that EXACT problem with a new 8700. no more issues. software updates didn't do anything. its a hardware problem.
Closed Thread