Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Arrow Does The BB 8300 Actually Exist?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I am starting to get a sick feeling that the BB 8300 is a figment of someone's overactive imagination.

As everyone knows, RIM has recently launched the BB 8800. And will probably be launching the BB 8820 and BB 8830 in Q-2.

Would someone please explain what, if anything, is going on with respect to the BB 8300!

CarBob

Last edited by CarBob; 03-16-2007 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: To correct BB model number
Old 03-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

its 8300 and yes it exists.

look at post for more info and pictures, its not out yet.

Last edited by mike_187; 03-16-2007 at 01:18 AM..
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBob
Hi Everyone,

I am starting to get a sick feeling that the BB 2300 is a figment of someone's overactive imagination.

As everyone knows, RIM has recently launched the BB 8800. And will probably be launching the BB 8820 and BB 8830.

Would someone please explain what, if anything, is going on!

CarBob
Sounds like you are just getting upset because you can't get one! It is the 8300 and not the 2300. Just give it some time. These leaks about devices come months before it will be delivered. The same with the 8800, we heard and saw a few images just like the 8300 you see now but it took a few months later before it was delivered

You will have to wait like the rest of us unless you are given one for beta testing and no, I do not know how you could get on the list for beta testing!

Be calm and read and wait

Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-16-2007 at 02:23 PM..
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt

Be clam and read and wait
Are you telling the OP to "Clam it up?" lol
Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Sounds like you are just getting upset because you can't get one! It is the 8300 and not the 2300. Just give it some time. These leaks about devices come months before it will be delivered. The same with the 8800, we heard and saw a few images just like the 8300 you see now but it took a few months later before it was delivered

You will have to wait like the rest of us unless you are given one for beta testing and no, I do not know how you could get on the list for beta testing!

Be calm and read and wait
Greg,

No, I'm not upset because I can't get one. Am waiting for the BB 8830e to be released.

As far as the BB 8300, have read alot of info about it, including everything on the 'BGR.' I'm confused because why would RIM be beta testing so close to when they launched the BB 8800. I'm guessing that it must be because APPLE will be launching the iphone in June.

CarBob
Old 03-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBob
Greg,

No, I'm not upset because I can't get one. Am waiting for the BB 8830e to be released.

As far as the BB 8300, have read alot of info about it, including everything on the 'BGR.' I'm confused because why would RIM be beta testing so close to when they launched the BB 8800. I'm guessing that it must be because APPLE will be launching the iphone in June.

CarBob
We are all waiting on the 8300 to release. But those, me included, have waitied on MANY new Blackberry releases and what we are seeing with the 8300 is just as it was when the 8700 and 8800 was released. RIM is simply bringing out more phones at a faster pace to capture as much market as they can. I must say they are doing quite good!

You are assuming that the 8830 is going to be in direct competition with the 8800. They both will sell. Do you not think that a company like RIM maybe knows something that you don't and that there is plenty of room for another phone out there? I trust that RIM knows what they are doing. Long ago I bought alot of RIM stock for $47 a share. Check out what it is selling for today. What they are doing has some sound thinking behind it. Not only will they bring out several versions of the 8800 and 8300 but I have sure they have more to come. Choices for Blacberry users have never been so good and they are attracting ALOT of new users to Blackberry.

I am sure the RIM knows all to well about the iPhone but it will not do much top hurt BB sales, SideKick sales maybe but no Blackberry. Apple has not even got the iPhone out yet, Blackberry has introduced the 8800 and has the 8300 on the way, not tot even count the different versions of each to follow.

Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-17-2007 at 07:34 AM..
Old 03-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
We are all waiting on the 8300 to release. But those, me included, have waitied on MANY new Blackberry releases and what we are seeing with the 8300 is just as it was when the 8700 and 8800 was released. RIM is simply bringing out more phones at a faster pace to capture as much market as they can. I must say they are doing quite good!

You are assuming that the 8830 is going to be in direct competition with the 8800. They both will sell. Do you not think that a company like RIM maybe knows something that you don't and that there is plenty of room for another phone out there? I trust that RIM knows what they are doing. Long ago I bought alot of RIM stock for $47 a share. Check out what it is selling for today. What they are doing has some sound thinking behind it. Not only will they bring out several versions of the 8800 and 8300 but I have sure they have more to come. Choices for Blacberry users have never been so good and they are attracting ALOT of new users to Blackberry.

I am sure the RIM knows all to well about the iPhone but it will not do much top hurt BB sales, SideKick sales maybe but no Blackberry. Apple has not even got the iPhone out yet, Blackberry has introduced the 8800 and has the 8300 on the way, not tot even count the different versions of each to follow.
Greg,

Thanks for your reply. Have to agree that RIM wants to capture as much market share as they can. I hope they work on a marketing plan very soon though in order to explain the differences of all their new models. Boy Genius is doing his best to do that, but I get the feeling when I read some of his articles that even he finds the features of all these new BB models somewhat bewildering.

BTW, I don't assume that the 8830e will be in direct competition with the 8800. These 88xx models will allow users more choices than ever to get what they need.

I'm impressed that you were savy enough to buy RIM shares when they were selling for $47 a share, especially since I think these shares are inching their way up to $200 a share! It will be interesting to see what happens when APPLE launches their iPhone.

I think we are both on the same page when it comes to the merits of RIM and all the great models they produce - now and in the future.

CarBob
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

I ask everyone to watch as the iPhone is itroduced. It will have little effect on the Blackberry. The core of Blackberry users are business people and the iPhone will have little attraction to the people who provide these phones to their employees!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #9
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

iphone will be a nice multi-media device!!! email not so much wont compare to the BB the two devices are not marketed to the same community though RIM is starting to gain some of the normal consumer market. As well as looking to gain in that market
Old 03-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #10
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

I disagree. I think iphone is going to give all mobile companies something to think about. I for one do not like apple products, but I know those that do will ditch their BB, Nokia, Motorola, etc for this new phone.

Does anyone know when the 8300 may be introduced by service providers? Is it 2nd quarter? Since Cingular already has the 8800, maybe T-mobile will be the one picking this up first.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #11
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025
I disagree. I think iphone is going to give all mobile companies something to think about. I for one do not like apple products, but I know those that do will ditch their BB, Nokia, Motorola, etc for this new phone.
You must be keeping company with a different age group than I. I have no doubt that the iPhone will be attractive to some, I even like the way it looks and respect what they say it will do, but draw the masses away from the Blackberry it will not.

There are many "new" users of the Blackberry that may not really have got a Blackberry for the right reasons who will be quite tempted by the iPhone, but these are few and those who email is critical, many will be back as soon as the iPhone "glitz" wears off.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
There are many "new" users of the Blackberry that may not really have got a Blackberry for the right reasons who will be quite tempted by the iPhone
What are those right reasons, as you define them?

Quote:
but these are few and those who email is critical, many will be back as soon as the iPhone "glitz" wears off.
After they've served their 2-year sentence?

Even Cingular is nervous about filling their demand. Where is your validated forecast data coming from, Swammy?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
What are those right reasons, as you define them?

After they've served their 2-year sentence?

Even Cingular is nervous about filling their demand. Where is your validated forecast data coming from, Swammy?
Do you have a PayPal account, would you like to make a wager that the introduction of the iPhone will not drop the value of RIM by say 10%?

I did not say they will not sell alot of iPhones, but if you think these iPhone buyers are all Blackberry users, well I do not want to question your integrety. I am betting the 12-18 year olds will buy them as fast as Cingular will get them to the stores. The vast majority of this age group is not using Blackberry. Like I said before the iPhone looks like a fun phone!

Nice to see you caring to comment
Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #14
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Do you have a PayPal account, would you like to make a wager that the introduction of the iPhone will not drop the value of RIM by say 10%?
Value of RIM stock or some other self-defined value? Over what period of time?

Quote:
I did not say they will not sell alot of iPhones, but if you think these iPhone buyers are all Blackberry users, well I do not want to question your integrety.
Kindly quote me as making such a statement, please.

Quote:
I am betting the 12-18 year olds will buy them as fast as Cingular will get them to the stores.
That's alotta yards to mow for those 12-year olds. All those envious 6th graders are gonna want to be your kid, eh?

Quote:
The vast majority of this age group is not using Blackberry. Like I said before the iPhone looks like a fun phone!
What validated forecast source are you using for this data? Your posterior?

Quote:
Nice to see you caring to comment
Nice to see you trying to have it both ways rather than sticking to your original statements. Getting dizzy from chasing your tail?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

You comments seem to be more attacking me on a personal basis and I wish not to get banned for arguing with someone like you. You would rather insult which tells much of YOUR lack of integrity. I stick by my original statements, RIM has little to fear of the iPhone, most other Blackberry users feel the same. I feel if I would have taken the other side and said that RIM was scared, you would have been arguing on RIM's side, you simply enjoy the arguing. Right now there is nothing but a website for the iPhone. We will see how well it sweeps the market!

You better start mowing now if you are going to get yours.

My conversation is concluded as you don't want to discuss the facts, you just seem to want to argue. Looking at your past posts, it will not be the first thread closed because you have a chip on your shoulder and prefer to show your imaturity. I feel sorry for you that you are so eaten up with what is likly to be jealousy.

Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-18-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
You commentsseem to be more attacking me on a personal basis. You would rather insult.

You better start mowing now if you are going to get your.

your jealousy is showing again.
Still trying to have it both ways, even in your departure. You insult yet make claims of being insulted. Tsk, tsk.

You offer subjective personal opinions disguised as facts. Thanks anyway. And I was so looking forward to taking your money just for the grins and giggles of it, given that you can value a telephone at 3k. Michael Jordan doesn't have that much blind arrogance. Oh well. Good luck with that.

What was this thread about again?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
You must be keeping company with a different age group than I. I have no doubt that the iPhone will be attractive to some, I even like the way it looks and respect what they say it will do, but draw the masses away from the Blackberry it will not.

There are many "new" users of the Blackberry that may not really have got a Blackberry for the right reasons who will be quite tempted by the iPhone, but these are few and those who email is critical, many will be back as soon as the iPhone "glitz" wears off.
Greg no offense, but I was merely stating my opinion and they are subjective except for those I've talked to that said they would buy the iphone and ditch the BB and other phones when it comes out. To say that I hang with different age group because of my opinion is just wrong. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm not that young.

Look BB's are great and I'm not knocking them, but the iphone IMO is going to take some market share away from other companies...not just RIM. Whether it's becuase that its a great product or just hype is yet to be seen, but if you call up Cingular, I'm sure they will tell you there's been a lot of interest in this phone already. Yes, you are probably right that email addicts will stick to BB, but don't forget there are email addicts out there that rather carry a Treo than a BB, so there is competition out there.

Now will someone answer the 2nd part of my previous post? I'm interested in when the 8300 will be offered by carriers.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #18
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025
Greg no offense, but I was merely stating my opinion and they are subjective except for those I've talked to that said they would buy the iphone and ditch the BB and other phones when it comes out. To say that I hang with different age group because of my opinion is just wrong. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm not that young.

Look BB's are great and I'm not knocking them, but the iphone IMO is going to take some market share away from other companies...not just RIM. Whether it's becuase that its a great product or just hype is yet to be seen, but if you call up Cingular, I'm sure they will tell you there's been a lot of interest in this phone already. Yes, you are probably right that email addicts will stick to BB, but don't forget there are email addicts out there that rather carry a Treo than a BB, so there is competition out there.

Now will someone answer the 2nd part of my previous post? I'm interested in when the 8300 will be offered by carriers.
Sorry if I offened. I agree that the iPhone will take some market share, it will be a very sought after device and I am sure that Cingular is smiling big time to have it as an exclusive. I doubt that Apple will/could make enough to satisfy the demand.

I bet that RIM is looking at the iPhone but I still do not think the vast majority of Blackberry users will give the iPhone much more than a passing glance. I have used the Treo and several other devices only to return to the Blackberry.

This is, of course, my opinion and let me appologize if I did not repsect yours.

As far as the date the 8300 is to be delivered, I do not think it has been announced yet and until then, all else is rumors. I do know one thing for sure and that when a date is announced, you will hear it here first! We all would like to know.

Have a good Sunday!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #19
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Sorry if I offened. I agree that the iPhone will take some market share, it will be a very sought after device and I am sure that Cingular is smiling big time to have it as an exclusive. I doubt that Apple will/could make enough to satisfy the demand.

I bet that RIM is looking at the iPhone but I still do not think the vast majority of Blackberry users will give the iPhone much more than a passing glance. I have used the Treo and several other devices only to return to the Blackberry.

This is, of course, my opinion and let me appologize if I did not repsect yours.

As far as the date the 8300 is to be delivered, I do not think it has been announced yet and until then, all else is rumors. I do know one thing for sure and that when a date is announced, you will hear it here first! We all would like to know.

Have a good Sunday!
Hey Greg...that was very classy of you. Thanks...You enjoy the rest of your Sunday as well.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #20
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Thanks
Closed Thread