BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #221
KingTermite
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none

Please Login to Remove!

Just got mine!! :D

I would have got it much earlier this morning (arrived at 0930), but it apparently went to receving (delivered to work) and it was stuffed up through their process until making it to me about 1/2 hour ago.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #222
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RR
Just want to clarify the TMO BIS plan.

Internet data plan by itself is always $29.99

Internet data plan with voice/phone service is $19.99 plus whatever phone service you choose.

Right that makes sense. The odd part is that my paperwork says I have the internet add-on for 12 months, yet when I call customer service they tell me that the BB add-on is a "feature" that can be added or dropped. So basically I added it to a spare line, ordered the phone at $199, then intend to drop the feature from the line.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #223
BBUser7100t
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

[/QUOTE] EDIT:: After continually calling the store that is supposed to have it every day, I finally got a hold of a sales rep that's worthwhile. He called his manager, then is area manager, then called me back, confirmed that they will have them, and even offered to hold one for me. At least I found that diamond in the rough when in it comes to sales people.[/QUOTE]

I chalk lot of this up to salespeople not being informed as to what is going on at the higher up levels. There was a small T-Mobile store next to where I had lunch today. I poked my head in and asked if they had the new BlackBerry. There were 5 employees there, and they all looked at each other with blank faces. They then brought out a manager who said that they did have a bunch in stock but they don't have any pricing on them yet and can't sell them for another two weeks. I asked if he had a demo, and he literally dug through a junk drawer and finally pulled one out.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #224
alpayne

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmo

Got mine today too.... now, does anyone know where I can get the device code? It is running on 4.1....

Thanks!
A
Old 04-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #225
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Koltek
Right that makes sense. The odd part is that my paperwork says I have the internet add-on for 12 months, yet when I call customer service they tell me that the BB add-on is a "feature" that can be added or dropped. So basically I added it to a spare line, ordered the phone at $199, then intend to drop the feature from the line.
That hold true with my previous purchase 3 months ago on the 7105t, I get the upgrade price without the BIS plan, then add it later and was told I can drop it anytime I like.

An hour ago, I order the 8700G from the corporate service center, almost went thru the whole process ($299 minus $50 rebate), and then mention to add the $19.99 BIS, also ask if I would qualify for additional discount because of the BIS I added on, and was told no.

Last edited by CBR900RR; 04-13-2006 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #226
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantagoo
BTW: I tried to install GoogleTalk but it's only available to people in North America. Why? It's a messaging tool. Does anybody has an idea where to get this program too?
For GoogleTalk to work on the BB you need the GoogleTalk service books. Even if you would get the app from somewhere, it will not work as your carrier does not support GoogleTalk. If you need to do instant messaging on the BB, than I would suggest to take a look at products like IM+ or VeriChat.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 04-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #227
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpayne
Got mine today too.... now, does anyone know where I can get the device code? It is running on 4.1....

Thanks!
A
it will likely be available on monday
Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #228
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
An hour ago, I order the 8700G from the corporate service center, almost went thru the whole process ($299 minus $50 rebate), and then mention to add the $19.99 BIS, also ask if I would qualify for additional discount because of the BIS I added on, and was told no.
I guess the $199 is only for enterprise accounts.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #229
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc

Quote:
EDIT:: After continually calling the store that is supposed to have it every day, I finally got a hold of a sales rep that's worthwhile. He called his manager, then is area manager, then called me back, confirmed that they will have them, and even offered to hold one for me. At least I found that diamond in the rough when in it comes to sales people.
Quote:
I chalk lot of this up to salespeople not being informed as to what is going on at the higher up levels. There was a small T-Mobile store next to where I had lunch today. I poked my head in and asked if they had the new BlackBerry. There were 5 employees there, and they all looked at each other with blank faces. They then brought out a manager who said that they did have a bunch in stock but they don't have any pricing on them yet and can't sell them for another two weeks. I asked if he had a demo, and he literally dug through a junk drawer and finally pulled one out.
Yeah - don't these people work for commissions? If I were a sales rep, I think I'd try to be more informed about the latest high-dollar devices in my bag to sell.

I have a TMO store by my house that I like because the reps are always nice, informed, helpful, etc, etc.

But during lunch I thought I'd try this other TMO store yesterday to see if they had one. The girl and guy looked like they at least knew what an 8700g was, but they said "I think it's going to be around the end of the month." I told them it was going to be out on Monday and wanted to get my name on one so I could buy at as soon as the store opened. The stupid sales rep said "We can't do that - it's corporate policy not to hold one." I told her another TMO store was happy to put my name on the 7100 when it was a week prior to the release date, and she said "well, i guess you better go back there."

Idiots. As I walked out I let them know they just lost a deal for three $400 phones because they wouldn't do something as simple as take my name and call me as soon as it was in stock.

If anyone is in the Plano, TX area - shop ANYWHERE EXCEPT the T-Mobile store in the Shops at Willowbend mall.

Last edited by Fireproof; 04-13-2006 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #230
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof
I chalk lot of this up to salespeople not being informed as to what is going on at the higher up levels.
Also remember that no one works in retail or customer service because they're a genius. ;)
Old 04-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #231
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I don't know what "corporate service center" is. Are you an enterprise client?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #232
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Koltek
I don't know what "corporate service center" is. Are you an enterprise client?
By "enterprise client" are you referring to a (1) user who subscribes to TMO's BlackBerry Enterprise Server or (2) to some kind of corporate account?

I'm a (1) but not a (2) and I paid $299 - $50 mail in rebate.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #233
RUBiK

Model: None

(long-time lurker, just registered, pardon the low post count)

So it sounds like it IS possible for current (NOT new) t-mobile customers to call the # posted by crisambo and successfully order a shiny new 8700 even though they are NOT working for an employer who has a contract with t-mobile?

I am currently a (month-to-month.. not under contract) t-mobile customer and would like to get an 8700 and keep my plan (simply add the Internet plan) and am looking for the best possible deal.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #234
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBiK

So it sounds like it IS possible for current (NOT new) t-mobile customers to call the # posted by crisambo and successfully order a shiny new 8700 even though they are NOT working for an employer who has a contract with t-mobile?

I am currently a (month-to-month.. not under contract) t-mobile customer and would like to get an 8700 and keep my plan (simply add the Internet plan) and am looking for the best possible deal.
I'm in the same boat as you; I have a 7100t and just want to replace it with an 8700g (keep my same plan, 1000 min/month M&M) and I'll re-up for 1-year. As I mentioned a while ago, I'm almost BETTING that if I go into a corp store first thing Monday morning they'll tell me they only have 8700s for NEW customers. I'd rather do it over the phone if I could.

=NLK=
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #235
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBiK

I attempted this, and it did not work unfortunately. I was asked numerious questions and then when I tried to just add the plan as a "contract" they said it was just an add-on. Oh well, I get mine Monday morning.

Last edited by IanHummel; 04-13-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #236
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010
I'm in the same boat as you; I have a 7100t and just want to replace it with an 8700g (keep my same plan, 1000 min/month M&M) and I'll re-up for 1-year. As I mentioned a while ago, I'm almost BETTING that if I go into a corp store first thing Monday morning they'll tell me they only have 8700s for NEW customers. I'd rather do it over the phone if I could.

=NLK=
Nope, it is available for an upgrade. I have had t-Mobile for 4 months now, I called my store and once I spoke to a person who knew what the hell he was talking about, he said it's fine for me to get it as long as I re-new for a year.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #237
aaronpaul

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHummel
Nope, it is available for an upgrade. I have had t-Mobile for 4 months now, I called my store and once I spoke to a person who knew what the hell he was talking about, he said it's fine for me to get it as long as I re-new for a year.
I heard the same thing from a rep in MN... I was told this was a newer policy by T-mobile??
Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #238
kevpmcl

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Got my 8700g today

I just got my 8700g today and using it now to post this. It works great! The keyboard will take a little to get used to but I am happy with my purchase.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #239
Blanchard

Model: 7290

some people get new 8700g, you are happy. I am patient until next monday, I go to t-mobile store and get my new 8700g. I am not in a hurry. smile.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #240
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpmcl
I just got my 8700g today and using it now to post this. It works great! The keyboard will take a little to get used to but I am happy with my purchase.
If you are browsing the site from the 8700g, you really should use http://wap.blackberryforums.com instead of the normal site. MUCH faster that way!
Closed Thread