BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
undered

Model: 8700
Default "notes" emails to bb

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings folks! I'm new here, and new to the wonderful world of blackberrys. I wanted to know if there was a way to have Lotus Notes emails sent to my bb. My job works on the Nextel BB server (or something like that...or at least that's what my lazy IT guy said). Is there any way I could have my work emails routed to my gmail account (which is connected to my blackberry)? Thanks guys... y'all rock!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
DuckWingDuck
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

Just set up a rule in outlook to forward the emails to your gmail account but then, if you're forwarding mail already, why not just forward to your bb email to get push?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Chen_Kenichi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

This is how I am doing it now... since my company is not deploying Blackberrys within these few years...
For Lotus Notes, you just have to set up a new rule to forward a copy of incoming email to your account. I use the option of forwarding any message with my name in "to and cc", and then have it "forward a full copy" to my gmail account. I don't ever use my "real" Blackberry address except when telling GMail where to forward my emails to.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
disp350
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Just a quick question? What is a "Nextel BB Server?" If your company is using a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) and thats what your IT guy is talking about, it makes no difference what flavor of BB or who the provider is. Ask him if you use a BES and if so, have him to add you to the server. That way you will get all of your corporate email as well.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Assuming that you're NOT using a BES, you can get SOME of your Notes e-mails on your BB. Let me explain. I don't know from BES, so I won't speak to it.

The easiest way (IMHO) to get Notes e-mails forwarded to your BB is if your organization supports iNotes. You can then add an e-mail account and specify that the mail be retrieved through iNotes. You'll get it very fast and you don't have to fuss with keeping your PC on all the time or forwarding mail. If you can't use the iNotes interface then you'll need to keep your PC on all the time and you can either try forwarding to your tmo.blackberry.net address from Notes directly (if your organization permits it) or via Outlook (same caveat) OR you can download the Mail Connector to run on your PC and communicate with BIS. I think only in this last scenario do you get the proper return address assigned when you compose/reply to e-mails.

The big downside to Lotus Notes and the Blackberry is that if an e-mail contains iFrames you won't be able to read it on the BB. RIM doesn't seem too concerned about it, though, as this has been an issue for at least a year. IOW, if you're a Notes/BB user, TOUGH.

=NLK=
Old 04-24-2006, 06:17 AM   #6
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Go to blackberry.com and search their technical support knowledgebase.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #7
troydf

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

The way I did it, I went into Lotus Notes and setup a rule to forward it to mycingular.blackberry.net account. My desktop does not have to be on for this to work. The rule runs on the Lotus Notes server. This will get Lotus Notes e-mail to your blackberry, but you will not be able to send from your corporate e-mail address. If you want to be able to send from your BB with your corporate e-mail address, you can either set the From address on your blackberry.net account to your corporate e-mail, or try one of these options.

1) Your Lotus Notes admin can also turn on POP3 and IMAP access for you (if he is a nice) and then you can just simply add it as one of your 10 BIS accounts.

2) iNotes as specified above.

3) Lotus Notes Desktop Redirector. Requires you to install Blackberry Desktop Manager on your Lotus Notes PC, and leave that PC on 24/7.
Closed Thread