Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
getthething
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Tmobile
Default phantom enterprise act icon appearing

Please Login to Remove!

So I'm sitting in bed and my bb freezes. I turn it off and on again and all of the sudden I have an enterprise activation icon on my home screen that wasn't there before and I've never seen it on the phone anywhere ever. Out of curiosity I open it up and fill in the info and (email and password) and then I get an email saying something about how its being used to transfer data and not to move or delete it. I have an 8700g and I'm using the zen theme. I love the bb but I've had so many weird thing happen in the week that I've owned,its driving me crazy. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

The enterprise activation icon is for setting up your handheld with a BES. It probably popped up because your bis service book(s) were the victim of your freeze up.

There's one of two options. The mostly likely is you have a desktop[cmime] service book and when you're trying to send email from that service books is being used. The bb network has no BES or desktop redirector to send it to so it sends the message back to your handheld essentially saying, "Hold on to this until I know what to do with it." Down side is it'll never know what to do with it. Up side is, it just so happens to mean that the email you sent never made it to it's intended recipient... Wait, I guess that's a downside too. This is easy to check, options -> advanced options -> service book. Check what [cmime] service books you have. Sounds like you're with T-Mobile so you should have a [email address][cmime] for all accounts you've set up. If you have desktop[cmime] that's bad mkay.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
getthething
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't have the desktop one listed. Just my imap account,my tmo.blackberry.net one,and a few other ones that I'm not sure what they are (yahoo,provisioning,mms,etc.) I've been having some intermittent troubles sending/recieving emails. Today I sent the service books from the tmobile bis site. I'm very new to bb and have learned tons from this forum but I still have no idea what's going on.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #4
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Okay, the network@etp messages as they pertain to BES/Desktop Redirector are a little out of my experience. I'm sure someone will jump in soon enough to explain.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: AT&T

I've had this issue before. Somehow reregistering the Host Tables fixed the issue for me. Try doing that through Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table. Click the wheel on any and select Register Now. Then resend the service books, hopefully that will fix it. Worked for me, so i'm hoping for you too .

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 04-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default I just got one of these....

last night, not subsequent to any malfunction or problem. I have the T-Mo 8700 and NO BES.

I checked my service books and indeed I DO have a [CMIME] one for each of my configured BIS accounts, no DESKTOP.

My preference is to do nothing (except maybe hide the damn thing), since for the most part the phone has been working fine. I'll wait to read more about this before making a final decision, though.

=NLK=
Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
getthething
Thumbs Must Hurt

Somehow my last post was posted twice. What about the emails that say not to move them. Should i just delete them? I don't have a BES so i don't think any of this enterprise activation has anything to do with me, but its weird that it would freeze and just show up on the home screen.

Last edited by getthething; 04-25-2006 at 03:19 PM..
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
Starz26
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

The enterpirse activation icon is on ALL blackberries. If you are not on a BIS just hide the icon and never worry about it. The only way to get Desktop service books is to do an enterprise activation. If you by the BB new from a wireless store you will not have these, if you by it off of EBAY you may have these. You can delete any service books that say desktop if you are NOT on a BES.

If it reapears due to a lockup then some of your prefrences may have been corrupted. Just hide the icon again.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26
The only way to get Desktop service books is to do an enterprise activation.
Or set up desktop manager for BES instead of BIS will do it too.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26
The enterpirse activation icon is on ALL blackberries.
-snip-
Well, it wasn't on my BB (bought from a T-Mo store on 4/17) until it magically appeared just last night. But since I don't seem to be having any other problems, I'll follow your advice and just hide it.

=NLK=
Closed Thread