Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
cmddotexe

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodaphone
Default Pull URL Patterns

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I'm trying to set up some pull url patterns on our BES (v5.0.0) to control access to websites, but seem to be having problems getting the correct syntax for the patterns.

I've set up a test pattern using the bbc's website in the format websiteurl:80/*, have assigned this to an ACL which permits http, and have assigned this to a user. Access to the website is still denied. The MDAT log says:

websiteurl:80/mobile/index.wml not matches pattern websiteurl:80/*

Shouldn't the trailing * in the pattern permit access to all sub-pages on the site?

I've also tried the format *websiteurl:*/*, but then I get the following warning in the MDAT logs:

Invalid URL pattern for access control: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0

All of the articles I've read seem to suggest that this pattern is correct. Anyone have any suggestions before I tear the rest of my hair out?!

Thanks
Graham.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Use these example as a guide:
  • To specify all web sites, type *:*/* in the URL Pattern field.
  • To specify a web domain, type *.<domain_name>.com:*/* in the URL Pattern field.
  • To specify a specific web page, type www.<domain_name>.com:80/<subfolder>/webpage.htm in the URL Pattern field.
  • To specify a specific web resource, type www2.<domain_name>.com:80/<subfolder>/main.gif in the URL Pattern field.

Note: The asterisk character (*) is used for the URL Pattern definition.

Article Title: How to set up Pull Authorization to grant or restrict access to specific web sites on the BlackBerry Browser
Article Number: KB10342
Link: View Document
Old 02-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
cmddotexe

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi,

I did try using those as an guide earlier, but they don't seem to be working, as the MDAT log file gives the following error for any pattern beginning with an asterisk (eg *:*/* or *.<domain>.com:*/* ):

Invalid URL pattern for access control: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0

Also, the patterns I'm using do have a trailing /*, but this only seems to match pages in the websites root directory, any pages that exist in sub-folders are still being blocked.

I've attached a screenshot of the URL patterns I'm testing with.

Graham.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg URLpatterns.jpg (24.3 KB, 38 views)
Closed Thread