Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Switching to Droid Incredilble

Please Login to Remove!

I am switching from the Storm 1 to the Droid Incredible. I want to thank everyone here on this forum for the help that you have given me the past 2 years.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
CoraCora
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: SKLX
PIN: no pin on a sidekick
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Have fun with that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraCora View Post
Have fun with that.
I'm sure they will. A switch to anything from the Storm 1 is a good move.
The Incredible is a pretty awesome device too.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Agree with Penguin, but I bet you will be back to the BB sometime in the future. Old users end to always migrate back eventually.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
CoraCora
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: SKLX
PIN: no pin on a sidekick
Carrier: T-Mobile US

With times change so 1day somthing is poppular then its not so you will be back.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Good luck, ernhrts3n8.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

*Thread Moved*

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Word.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #9
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, after playing with the Incredible over the weekend, I have decided to stick with my Storm (even though it is a Storm 1). I have to admit that I like the Blackberry platform much better. I spoke with a Verizon rep last night while switching phones back again and he stated the Storm 3 will be available within 90 days. I hope that this is true because I wll get one of those. Thanks again to all!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

welcome back
Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #11
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

I am curious what you did not like compared to the Storm 1. I played with my nephews Droid this weekend and was not impressed. The Droid did not have anything special compared to my Storm 2.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

I didn't like that the phone automatically went into a sleep mode and you couldn't keep it from doing that. When the phone is in sleep mode, the notifications don't come through until you wake up the phone.

I also did not think that the internet was that much faster than what I have with my Storm 1 (believe it or not). There are tons of free apps which I hope that RIM will provide with future phones. There were apps on the Droid that I could use for free that I had to pay for with the Blackberry.

I like the screen on the Storm better than the Incredible. I think when viewing pictures and videos that the Storm screen is wider so the viewing is better (in my opinion)

One of the biggest complaints that I have with the Incredible is where the ringer volume is located. Every time that I hit the button to unlock the phone, I would always turn the volume on the ringer all the way down.

The other thing that I did really like on the Incredible that we don't have on the Verizon Storm is the google maps. I don't like that we have to pay for VZ Navigator when other phones have Maps for free.

I did really like the feel of the keyboard, it pulsates when you hit a key. I did not like the layout of the keyboard though or how you had to get symbols and such.

That is my assessment of the Incredible.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #13
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

Ernhrts3n8,

I am a former Storm 9530 owner. I had the phone from 4.7.0.67 through 5.0.0.419. I recently upgraded to the Droid X. A co-worker of mine has the Incredible and I recently took the phone home overnight and tricked it out for him with OS 2.2 (Froyo) and a couple off other must have apps (Astro File Mgr, Advanced Task Killer, etc). I played with this phone before and after the update extensively and decided it would be a better option for my wife who has very small hands. She still wanted the X.

The bottom line is that you evidently had a defective unit. We have had good interaction here so I assume you have such loyalty to RIM products that your objectivity went out the window when you test drove your Incredible.

You noted: "I also did not think that the internet was that much faster than what I have with my Storm 1 (believe it or not)."

I have used both the stock and Dolphin kit browsers on the Incredible. There is absolutely NO competition between those and any browser available for the Storm 9530. Don't take my word for it either. Youtube is rife with videos that show how the Droid outperforms the Storm 2 when it comes to browser speed.

I will say I prefer the Droid X over the incredible. Not only is the screen size better, I have big monkey hands and the X is tailor made for me. You probably should have gone with the X because there is absolutely NO WAY you would come back to a Storm 9530 from the Droid X. I'd call BS on anyone making that claim.

I loved my Storm 9530. I actually still have it and didn't trade it away or sell it. But when it comes to comparing a Storm to a Droid platform, there is simply no earthly competition in comparison as a "smartphone".

I have only one complaint. The Droid volume is much lower than my Storm. I did take issue with the battery life. However, I resolved that issue with a widget that allows me to shut off services not in use (Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Airplane Mode), A task killer app, and an OS upgrade (Froyo).

-My Gmail / Google experience is better.
-My internet is lightning fast and I actually use it more as a result.
-The screen is bigger and better.
-There are thousands of FREE applications and that list grows daily.
-My messenger client is worldwide and I can connect with other brands of phones, including Blackberries
-Most of my phone apps (sms, navigation, etc) are voice activated
-Every aspect of my phone is customizable and even the basic platform aspects can be upgraded (different language keyboards, customized keyboard, overall phone themes, active themes, profiles, etc)

I am an objective person. Evidently there is a vibrant Blackberry subculture, and even I admit there is a modicum of prestige associated palming a Blackberry. I see folks on TV pecking away at a Blackberry and I definitely miss being part of the family. For BASIC business connectivity, you can't go wrong with a Blackberry. My Storm served me well and if RIM came out with a killer smartphone with better features and support than my Droid I would come running back. I don't see it happening anytime soon simply because many are well served by the fundamental BB platform.

Ernhrts3n8, Ill end by saying that you were drawn away from your Storm 9530 for a reason. I make you this GUARANTEE. If you test drive a Droid X, you will not return it. It will do EVERYTHING your Storm 9530 does, but better. It will do MUCH more as well.

Let me know if you do make the jump. I will hook you up with ALL the goodies.

Verizon 9530
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

I just gave my Droid X to someone on my team.
Keeping the iPhone and Torch for now.
Closed Thread