BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #181
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry for posting after the warning, but considering that I've been besmirched...

I did nothing illegal. I didn't steal. I didn't break any laws.

I also don't even believe I did anything unethical either. Don't lecture me on the ethics of corporate capitalism. I've worked for the man for 15 years - some for great employers, some for crappy employers. If I thought for a minute that even one person would unjustly suffer for what I did I wouldn't have done it. Don't lecture me on morality. I saw an angle on a deal. I paid my money. And I'm prepared to bear the consequences of my actions, which were mine alone.

As I said when this thread began I had a simple objective, and that was pretty much to try something that had been covered in bits and pieces in other threads and consolidate/document my experience in one place. And what you don't know is that just a couple days after I started the thread I actually PM'd GUESS and said that I would totally understand if this thread disappeared. I never received a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddphd, in a PM to Guess, on Feb 26
Hi -

My name is JD. I'm beginning to wonder whether the thread about buying from Amazon and cancelling the Cingular plan might be taking on a life of its own. I started it just to document my experience but it's obvious that people are starting to get a little excited about it. If you feel like it's attracting too much negative attention please feel free to take it down. It was never my attention to do anything that might cause any probs for you all as I think this board is a great resource.

regards,
- JD
The bottom line:

If you don't like what happened, don't read the thread. Spare me the sanctimony.

Last edited by jddphd; 03-09-2006 at 05:46 PM..
Closed Thread