BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:34 AM   #61
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I am insanely pist with my phone right now!

I dropped it pretty hard the other day (it bounces!!) and from that point ive had people telling me I sound muffled or ill cut out at random times (while having full signal) I have to dial my voice mail three or four times before it will actually connect me to my voice mail. these problems are all probably from the phone being dropped and the one time I spilled beer on it. but it still makes me mad....I might be joining a PPC forum tomorrow if nextel doesnt tell me what I want to hear
Old 12-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #62
europamo

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I have not lost my DC #'s until now. And its only random contacts, like my wifes DC, which is good.
Alexandre Dumas
Old 12-27-2005, 06:55 AM   #63
SimpleComplex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: TMO8120 & Sprint8330
Default My Own Bugs... ugh

I'm new here, so pardon my lack of protocol convention, but I do have a few bugs that I think I've seen so far, but also a couple new ones. Hoping someone can help if I've just not set-up my BB correctly:

Already-said "Bugs":
1. Multiple incoming phone call problem --same as those posted, when my BB receives 2 calls simultaneously (at least 2-3 seconds of each other) the second call goes directly to speaker and I can't deactivate it or click anything.

2. Java problem alert --same as one post earlier, but I can't remember the message that appeared but something about a "Java Exception" problem when all I did was click the Message center to view an incoming e-mail.

3. Password not accepted on speakerphone --same problem as those also stated. But it appears to be a Nextel problem because I check my bank account balances while fully on speakerphone and those are accepted all the time; ditto for my corporate voicemail.

4. Inattentive LED --I dunno if what was posted earlier meant exactly what I'm experiencing, but in certain instances when I receive messages (SMS, MMS and/or e-mails, including missed calls) I can only assume the LED will blink red, because if a calendar reminder or an alarm or another "notice" not one of the "message" triggers, the LED color will change back to green. So without the screen being re-triggered, I won't then be alerted to any un-read messages.

New "Bugs":
1. Direct Connect Iffy --I can't tell if it's a bug in software or just a way Nextel transmits Direct Connect numbers. But I have DC numbers (full area of xxx*x*xxxx) stored in both the "notes" section of my Outlook, and also the BB "DC" field into which I manually transferred all DC numbers as well (all populated into the BB contacts list, by desktop synchro). But when I receive incoming DCs from users (whose numbers are saved), it's hit-or-miss if the BB recognizes the full number and says who the DC is from. However, my experience has been that if I open the call entry log and view my Direct Connect entries in the messages folder, highlight the number (as transmitted by Nextel) in that log and then copy from there into the Contact list (even if it's the same, exact numbers & asterisks), my call log will then recognize who the DC is from, and in the future, will also recognize. Has anyone had this happen to them?

2. Unknown Message Icon --On the 2nd day of activation, I sent a text message to a friend on another carrier, and when the message was sent, the normal blue checkmark showed, but with it cradling an uppercase 'D'. In neither of the Nextel Getting Started guides, or any other Blackberry guides that I've been able to look at, I can't find that icon. And what makes it more strange is that, sending messages now to this same contact doesn't result in a 'D' being marked with the checkmark. I'm assuming this has something to do with "Delivered" or similar, but I don't get that specific D-based icon any longer no matter how I change my message options.

I'm on 4.1.0.136, if that makes a difference to anyone.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #64
GeneAlexander

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

4.1.0.136 here on both my 7100i. I experiance a lot of these bugs. But not all of the ones listed. Here's what I get:
Most often, the phone will stop ringing, alerts, and so on. Very annoying. It happens about once every other week. Pulling the battery resets it. This happens to both my phones.

Also, my 1st phone will forget my wifes dc number just like stated earlier. And its only her number that it happens to. What a coincidence! And when I reprogram it in, the phone suddenly "remembers" the dc and then I'll have a duplucate to delete. Keep in mind, this only happens after I pull the battery to reset the phone from another problem. This has not happened on my second phone yet.

My first phone loses the blinking led about once every other week. Battery pull fixes it then I get to play with my wifes dc number again. I haven't noticed this with the second phone.

My second phone will refuse to successfully send out mms messages periodically. Again, it happens about once every other week. I just get the red X and a message saying "message failed". And ofcourse, pulling the battery fixes it.

I posted earlier that I get the signal problem and sometimes I lose all signal and will be at "X" while I am still on a call or even sending a message without droping the call. This is with both phones.

But strangest of all is the one where I will be in dc with someone and then every once in a while, the connection will stay open! And it will happen both ways! Sometimes people can continue to hear me and sometimes I can continue to hear other people. And I can assure you, I know how to let go of the dc button. Let me tell you other 7100i users that if you are anything like me, you'll get into the habit of using the "end" button after each dc transmision. It keeps me out of trouble.

I have not had any problems with double ringers, calender dates, or any screen freezing. <knocks on wood for safe measure>
I hope an update is released that will address atleast some of these issues. But until then, I still remain loyal to nextel and blackberry! Even with all these bugs, I still love this thing!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #65
GeneAlexander

I almost forgot. On my second phone, I am starting to get these very small black "scuffs?" at the very bottom corners of the window over the screen. Very strange because I have only had this phone for three weeks and I only use it about once a day when I get home from work. Other than that, it sits on my nightstand all day. My first phone shows no such sign of wear and tear and I have had it for two months now and I use it every day and I must pull it out atleast 30-40 times a day. Both phones have the factory holsters they came with in the box. Vinyl I think...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:52 PM   #66
GeneAlexander

Oh yea, one more thing. That little sensor or magnet thingy in the holster will shift and move on you if you use the factory holster as often as I do. I noticed that my phone would not lock when I holstered it and that's when I found that it shifted down about half an inch. I simply rub it back into place with a finger once a day. (sorry if that sounds graphic)
Old 12-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #67
amnjc

Model: 7100

Myself, as well as others, are having the paint chipping problem. I use the leather RIM case for the 7100 series phones. It is lined with basically black felt and that is apparently what is rubbing off the paint.

I quite frankly think it is a crock! I have babied every BB I have ever had as I doubt they are all that tough (I did drop my 7520 once on the sidewalk and it was fine). So as I answer a lot of calls and emails it has rubbed off some of the paint in the lower corners of the area around the screen. Now since RIM designed a BB to go to sleep when in the holster/case and you therefore have to put it in a holster/case to save battery life, etc. that would mean there would be a lot of friction going in and out of the holster/case. My response to that is DUH! Why would they not then make the front a little more durable.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #68
mdprotector

Only real bug I have with the unit is that the paint around the edge of the screen is flaking off. The unit is only a week old.....weird..
Old 12-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #69
pllobell

Model: 7100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS597
Yes, this happens to me too when trying to check voicemail via speakerphone. Not sure if it's a "bug" but it's something that needs to be fixed. I end up putting in my password first then put it on speakerphone.

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.
Same problem here. It actually got me thinking that I was putting in the wrong password.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #70
04navi

No bugs for me but i do hate how the DC clears so damn fast...(side note.. 1st post!!)
Old 01-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #71
tmushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by europamo
Im not sure if this is a device bug or a Nextel problem. When on speakerphone and dialing options such as my password for Voicemail, it does not allow all the keys to be pressed before it says Invalid entry. I went through the phone cue this morning to get my replacement unit and the system would not recognize me pushing the keys. It asked me 4 times for my phone number.

Anyone else?

I have had and still have this issue all the time. We really need a firmware fix soon.

I have also had every other bug everyone else has mentioned. THE FRUSTRATION

Last edited by tmushy; 01-03-2006 at 05:25 AM..
Old 01-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #72
DougWare

Default My bugs along with another DC # lost oddity

I have seen the following problems on my Nextel 7100i:

Ringers/alerts just stop working until the phone is reset

I entered my sister's DC number (she got her phone for Christmas) in my address book, I went to DC her on Monday and the entry was gone. I could see where I had talked to her in my call history through DC and it even showed her name with the two little phones, but I couldn't find the DC info anywhere, including the call history detail. Highlighting her name in the history and pressing the PTT button also just caused the cursor to jump back up to the line to enter a phone number.

Using Telenav is great, when it works. About once a week I have to perform a Master Radio Reset because Telenav says I can't contact the Telenav Server (Reason 6)

This weekend I had the strangest problem. I charged my phone for 24 hours and the battery strenght never came up...it went down. I couldn't even turn the wireless on because it said the battery was too low. I took it home and charged it through the USB cable for 12 hours, same thing. After finding all the Nextel stores closed on Sat, I just decided to take the battery out and wait 30 seconds and try again. I popped the battery back in and it showed a full charge....it work immediately.

I have owned a lot of different cell phones...LG, Sanyo, Handspring, PalmOne and Samsung. I have never seen an embedded OS that's this buggy out in the open.

Doug
Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #73
roadrunner2524

Default Signature

How do you add a personal signature to your blackberry 7100i?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #74
GoblueNextel

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner2524
How do you add a personal signature to your blackberry 7100i?
See HERE.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #75
roadrunner2524

thanks
Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #76
rongallon

My BB just reboots very often. Is there a fix for that yet?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #77
sYnOnYx

Model: 7000i

i have my bluetooth on all the time unless im sleeping, and sometimes when i goto use the phone, select a contact to call and it goes to handset instead of bluetooth when it should goto bluetooth , when the bluetooth is there and recognized...hm. and sometimes it works properly and goes straight to the bluetooth headset like i want it to.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:35 AM   #78
srl7741
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default email signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblueNextel
See HERE.
To add your signature to your email go to the web client here, http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/b..._service.shtml

look on the right side of the screen, select access blackberry email service. After signing in your able to change or add such options through the web client. I don't remember all the clicks after the log in but i do know it's there.

hope this helps?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #79
DrinkGuinness

I am sorry to hear that about all of you all's phones, but I have had not one problem. I got my phone in Oct. and nothing has happened. I had a 7520 and it to had no problems. I guess I am one of the lucky few.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #80
oldpirate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

I also have very few problems. However, I also can't enter the voicemail password while on speakerphone -- whether it's calling the Nextel VM or my office phone system VM or my home VM.

I suspect the microphone is picking up the tones from the speaker in sort of a feedback loop and interpreting them incorrectly. If you turn the speaker down very low and place your thumb over the speaker, it works.
Closed Thread