Item:blackberry pearl
Buyer or Seller? seller
Was it Shipped? NO, but he took the money though
As Described?
Thread Link:
Price Sold For:260
Rating (10 Being the Highest) 0/10

[b]Additional Comments: DO NOT USE HIM.
His name is Hanh Nguyen (aka Rocky Nguyen) and the emailid to which the paypal payments was made is [email address removed - d_fisher]
Never use him, but if either one of you have any information please feel free to email me at [email address]

Last edited by d_fisher; 01-02-2007 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
compacter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: telus

i want to know why the staff is removing names and paypal addresses from this thread?? this should be left for others not to get ripped off?

Leave the paypal address so we all know what to watch out for, if he is a scammer then there is no rules being violated. Please post the paypal address back up and stop removing names from the thread! i am a buyer and i want to know that in future what to watch out for, he could change his screen name and we get screwed thanks to the staff removing vital information off the site.

utopia1107 is right and this needs to be looked after, i saw the thread he made in the feedback section and the staff has removed the most key information.

I am a Moderator on several other sites, we do not remove information that may help others who down the road may be Suckered into another trade.

COMPACTER.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Because there is no proof that you were ripped off. It is your word vs. theirs. No moderator (we are hardly "staff" - we are all volunteers) has any responsibility for your private transactions. Leaving a person's e-mail address - and someone else posted name, address and phone number - is just plain irresponsible.

Sorry - that's the way we do things here. It is a private transaction and a private dispute.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #4
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Because there is no proof that you were ripped off. It is your word vs. theirs. No moderator (we are hardly "staff" - we are all volunteers) has any responsibility for your private transactions. Leaving a person's e-mail address - and someone else posted name, address and phone number - is just plain irresponsible.

Sorry - that's the way we do things here. It is a private transaction and a private dispute.

Well said.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #5
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

Damn.. this suxx, you should've bought your pearl somewhere else. Sorry to hear that.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 01-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #6
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Don't provide the free advertising to sellers if you're gonna advocate a complete lack of assistance when a scam transaction occurs. Those involved are almost always going to be members of this forum, not passers-by. Trying to have it both ways is a no-no, even at the low standards of the internet. Help bring resolution, don't abandon your readership at times like this.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #7
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
Don't provide the free advertising to sellers if you're gonna advocate a complete lack of assistance when a scam transaction occurs. Those involved are almost always going to be members of this forum, not passers-by. Trying to have it both ways is a no-no, even at the low standards of the internet. Help bring resolution, don't abandon your readership at times like this.
I have to agree. If you're going to allow advertising, then you should allow scam information to be posted, including the scammer's information. Otherwise, don't allow any transaction posts.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

You consider a free Buy, Sell, Trade board advertising?

If the board charged a commission, then it would make sense (and be an obligation) for the board to get involved.

But the board gets nothing. It is like a free advertisement in the newspaper. You think they are going to get involved? I don't think so.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
compacter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
You consider a free Buy, Sell, Trade board advertising?

If the board charged a commission, then it would make sense (and be an obligation) for the board to get involved.

But the board gets nothing. It is like a free advertisement in the newspaper. You think they are going to get involved? I don't think so.

sorry not disrespecting you bro, but a newspaper does not remove any words already imputted, i think it should have been left for others to learn, this member now can go on and change his screen name and use the same paypal addy and others get ripped off and so on, it will become a repeated event especially now since he knows you removed his paypal addy. have you banned him? his ip? that should have been done for sure.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

compacter I am not sure if you are the same from 2 other forums I visit or not but you know as well as I do. It is ones word against another, with that being said I dont see the other person in here defending themselves.

Post up transaction info but I do think that if it was sold on this site ( not through pms or aim) that the site should help to protect the others. I am not sure that includes leaving his personal info up. But some action should be taken atleast contact the other party and get their side of the story. If none is offered I would IP ban the person for less that being reputable.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I have to agree with other members frustrations here. Part of the reason of joining a messageboard and actively participating is knowing that you can trust all sections of the site and know that the moderators will do something in the event of fraud. I'm not saying you reimburse anyone cause it is the internet and the seller did only have 2 posts (one of which was a for sale item) so red flags should have been blazing...but the moderators can easily block that IP address until nikkarocky either comes up with an answer or we prove he is a fraud so that no other people get screwed. This doesn't solve all crime...but at least it might stop another one. All the OP is trying to do is make sure no one else gets scammed and until nikkarocky explains the situation...he is a fraud in my book.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I will personally volunteer to run the bst section if you want me too. I am very familiar with how one should be run. All sales threads should be approved and if the person selling doesnt have enough posts a brokerage should be required.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by compacter
sorry not disrespecting you bro, but a newspaper does not remove any words already imputted, i think it should have been left for others to learn, this member now can go on and change his screen name and use the same paypal addy and others get ripped off and so on, it will become a repeated event especially now since he knows you removed his paypal addy. have you banned him? his ip? that should have been done for sure.
You're not my brother. And newspapers tend to edit ads before they run.

Perhaps we should either close down BST, which is fine with me because it causes more problems than any other forum, or moderate every posting there before it makes it public.

In any event, I am done posting in this thread.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Wouldn't Paypal reimburse him the money if he was scammed?
Old 01-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl
Wouldn't Paypal reimburse him the money if he was scammed?
not nessecarly you have to have substantial records its more of a pain than its worth. But if he paid by Credit card he could certainly do a charge back.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #16
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
But if he paid by Credit card he could certainly do a charge back.
Exactly. Which is why I use AMEX for anything online. No other card gives you service if you've been scammed like AMEX.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
compacter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Guy's don't jump on the staff it is not their fault and you are all interpeting my words incorrectly, all i am saying is paypal addresses should not be removed from the site to help others, the only reason i am arguing the fact cause this same person hit me on aim asking if i wanted to buy some new phones for nextel as you see in one of my other threads i was looking for BB's for telus, he told me he could get them for $50 NIB which as all of you would say is BS, but i did not get the chance to get his IP address and paypal account addy so i could run a search on a few sites i personally mod.

Dawg i hope i did not offend you or your staff as that was not the intentions at all. Sorry to NJBlackBerry if it seemed like i was attacking you, i mearly was stating that in situations like this you should not remove the persons information unless it contains a phone number.

Maybe in the future the site might try a brokerage system? meaning threads must be approved before being displayed? this way after it has been approved the staff suggests if the threads require brokerage?

and maybe pics are to be a must? with the sellers name on a piece of paper?
once again sorry Dawg and NJblackberry for the inconvience, the purchase that utopia1107 made with Nikkarocky is his problem and should be resolved threw paypal, if the purchase was done threw credit your entitled for a dispute to recieve money back. I have been personally scammed threw my own fault for over $600 US so trust me when i say it is not the site nor the staffs problem if you have been scammed, remember it is a BST section that anyone can post threads, however it's your responsibility to use your judement if you want to buy threw trust.

Thanks Dawg for not flaming me and NJBlackberry once again sorry if it sounded like i was flaming you.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #18
utopia1107

Model: 7100T

Agreed - that since there is no way to validate such a claim (other than my word against his) - there is practicially no evidence that one can go by. I also agree that this is not a BTS board issue. But because a service like BTS is being offered, then another service to prevent scamming/duping should be offered as well or atleast something needs to be done to avoid similar pitfalls in the future. If brokerage system is the way to go, then so be it.

I did use Amex which is tagged to my paypal account and therefore was able to dispute the charge. But this is just thinking ahead. What about others who simply join in to either purchase something or read-up information. The casual visitor shouldn't get duped or be allowed to dupe. Either case, it doesn't leave him with a good taste in his mouth and he leaves in disgust - which atleast I wouldn't want on any of my forums.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #19
Dawg
No longer Registered.

No worries I am trying to help these days I am doing my damndest to not offend anyone atleast till febuary. I am not a staff member so no need to apologize to me
Old 01-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #20
compacter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
No worries I am trying to help these days I am doing my damndest to not offend anyone atleast till febuary. I am not a staff member so no need to apologize to me

till feb?? what happens then? LMAO!! well you know i dont mean to flame on you or anyone, i hope Nj got my PM too?
Closed Thread