Please Login to Remove!
ATTN: Corporate Firewall Management Team/BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator
Dear [Contact Name/Valued Partner],
In order to ensure your BlackBerry® Enterprise Server settings remain compatible with upcoming service updates, your corporate network firewall settings must be updated and your BlackBerry Enterprise Server software configuration settings must be verified, and if necessary updated by your BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator by December 13, 2013.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The new IP addresses were communicated in April and are now active against all SRP addresses for this region. The timeline for the removal of the IP address that supported the Asia Pacific region has been extended. You must review, and if necessary, update your BlackBerry Enterprise Server settings by December 13, 2013 if one or more of the following applies to your BlackBerry Enterprise Server:
· Physically located in a country within the Asia Pacific region (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, but excluding People’s Republic of China).
· Connected to any of the Server Routing Protocol (SRP) addresses associated with countries located in the Asia Pacific region (see inclusions/exceptions above), or the legacy Asia Pacific region SRP addresses of srp.ap.blackberry.com or srp.ap.blackberry.net (see Knowledge Base articles below)
Please note that after December 13, 2013 we will be decommissioning the old IP address of 18.104.22.168 leaving only the new IP addresses of 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199 active. Therefore changes must be made in order to ensure you maintain BlackBerry Enterprise Server connectivity.
If you are unsure if you meet the criteria above, please review your settings and update if required.
If your BlackBerry Enterprise Server still connects to srp.ap.blackberry.com or srp.ap.blackberry.net you will need to verify your settings to ensure you connect to xx.srp.blackberry.com, where “xx” is replaced with your specific country code. For example, if your BlackBerry Enterprise Server is physically located in Hong Kong, then you would replace “xx” with “hk”.
If you already connect to the correct country specific SRP address, you will not need to edit your BlackBerry Enterprise Server settings; you will only need to ensure that the proper IP addresses are allowed through your corporate network firewall.
When reviewing your configuration settings, please ensure that:
1. In accordance with the knowledge base article the IP addresses 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206 are allowed through your corporate network firewall.
2. Your BlackBerry Enterprise Servers are configured to use the appropriate country specific Server Routing Protocol (SRP) address xx.srp.blackberry.com instead of a static IP address.
3. Port 3101 is open on your firewall as specified in the knowledge base articles.
4. TCP Port 443 is open for outbound initiated, bi-directional traffic to establish a connection to the BlackBerry Infrastructure for BlackBerry smartphone and tablet connections over Wi-Fi.
If any of the above criteria apply you must make the necessary changes by December 13, 2013 to ensure you maintain your BlackBerry Enterprise Server connectivity.