Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT
Question Best Curve Holster?

Please Login to Remove!

Don' think this has been covered but has anyone released this yet?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
seann
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: n/a

ShopBlackBerry.com has some leather holsters now. Don't have one, *yet*
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Steveo247
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

I stopped in the ATT corporate store near my office this morning looking for a temporary holster until the leather one from Blackberry.com arrives.
The sales rep said he didn't have anything that would work, but to try back later. He said he was in the same boat, as he pointed to the Curve he had jammed into his Pearl belt-clip holster.

I just laughed and walked out of the store!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo247 View Post
I stopped in the ATT corporate store near my office this morning looking for a temporary holster until the leather one from Blackberry.com arrives.
The sales rep said he didn't have anything that would work, but to try back later. He said he was in the same boat, as he pointed to the Curve he had jammed into his Pearl belt-clip holster.

I just laughed and walked out of the store!
The leather pouch with magnet from the 8800 works great. I ordered the nylon sleve from RIM's website... looking forward to it as i like to carry the phone in my pocket...

REMINDER: A PHONE IS NOT AN ACCESSORY, DONT WEAR IT ON YOUR BELT!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
sparky12
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 3300AFF0
Carrier: Verizon

I've been using my old Covertec case from a Treo I had years ago. No magnet but it's a slim profile and is in great shape.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Hard to beat the OEM leather swivel clip belt holster from RIM. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and had it even before the 8300 arrived!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
No Longer Registered.

If you are referring to the Sleeper function of the OEM Leather Holster of any BlackBerry model (as long as it's the QWERTY model) to work with your Curve, then you are definitely correct. But, they are different in size. If you wouldn't mind how your holster would fit with your Curve, purchasing any OEM BlackBerry Leather holster would be okay.

Shown in this thread, the difference between the 8300 and the 8800 Skin. This should give you an idea of the size difference if purchasing the 8800 Leather Holster for your Curve.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
BryanHarig

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

The 8800 OEM case I am using is definately too big, but it works fine until the 8300 OEM case I ordered from you arrives!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (`.at&t.)

I love the seidio holsters. So the best one is whichever one they come out with for it.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
The 8800 OEM case I am using is definately too big, but it works fine until the 8300 OEM case I ordered from you arrives!
Cool Bryan If you purchased yours when it was all sold out, then it might go tonight. FedEx shows they are delivering my stocks later this afternoon.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #11
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

The 8300 goes into the 8800 holster just fine with sleeper funtion working for those who need to use it till the 8300 holster arrives.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
athenslb57
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt View Post
Cool Bryan If you purchased yours when it was all sold out, then it might go tonight. FedEx shows they are delivering my stocks later this afternoon.
I will be ordering the leather swivel holster for my curve from you tonight. You will be able to ship out tomorrow?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #13
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

I ordered both the OEM 8300 leather case with the clip, and the sleeve from Blackberry before the phone released. They both work great! The case with the clip is great for everyday use, and the sleeve fits right into your pocket if your wearin a pair of shorts (still a little bulky with jeans or pants). But both do the job!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #14
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
The 8300 goes into the 8800 holster just fine with sleeper funtion working for those who need to use it till the 8300 holster arrives.
Yep, while waiting for the 8300 OEM holster I ordered from RIM to get here...my buddy at my friendly local AT&T corporate store hooked me up with an 8800 holster yesterday as a freebie!!! Works great...but I imagine the real-deal 8300 product will be sweet.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
fkjr2

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

thanks but I am not too found of the flap over the top of the leather holster - was hoping for something real slim that wont add any additional bulk that was still a holster type case with clip.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: The New Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
thanks but I am not too found of the flap over the top of the leather holster - was hoping for something real slim that wont add any additional bulk that was still a holster type case with clip.
ditto, my plan was to cut off the top flap. The case is snug enough to hold the phone without the flap I think.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #17
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenslb57 View Post
I will be ordering the leather swivel holster for my curve from you tonight. You will be able to ship out tomorrow?
Yes. They are back in stock!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #18
Deezy

Carrier: T-Mobile

chinesecatt...i jus ordered one tonight. Anyway I can have by friday? Let me know...Thanks

David
Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #19
dtmfjunkie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell View Post
The leather pouch with magnet from the 8800 works great. I ordered the nylon sleve from RIM's website... looking forward to it as i like to carry the phone in my pocket...

REMINDER: A PHONE IS NOT AN ACCESSORY, DONT WEAR IT ON YOUR BELT!
I'm a little annoyed that the sleeve is not longer leather. The one for the pearl is leather, but for the 8300 it is nylon. The only plus side I could see is that it won't stretch, so hopefully it stays snug.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #20
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie View Post
I'm a little annoyed that the sleeve is not longer leather. The one for the pearl is leather, but for the 8300 it is nylon. The only plus side I could see is that it won't stretch, so hopefully it stays snug.
I think sometimes people don't think before they type... we always remember things being better than they were...

The 62xx/72xx series came with a plastic clip that just clipped it to your belt providing no protection, just a way to hang it on you. To replace they were $29.99 for a cheap piece of plastic and leather cases were $39.99.

The 71xx series came with a crappy cheap little vynl slide in thing... and to replace they were $19.99 or $39.99 for the OEM leather.

The 81xx series came with nothing, because it really is a device designed for a pocket. Anyone who felt the need to put the device anywhere other than the pocket wasn't the target demographic RIM was going for in that device.

The 83xx series comes with nothing as well. I really think RIM's intent was for this to be a pocket device as well (just look at the marketing stuff)... however much like previous models, they'll gladly sell you carrying solutions for $19.99-$39.99

So yeah... RIM is in business to make money... would you rather pay $10 more for the device and have it come with a carrying case, or pay the same and have the OPTION to pay $19.99 for a basic case? I'd rather the later and have the OPTION to not have to buy a belt holster. I laugh when I see people wearing them because if you're wearing dress\casual pants the device will easily slide into your pocket if the pants fit properly... and if you're sayin "well I wear tight jeans on a saturday night so there's no room to pocket the BB when I go to the bars" ... then you shouldn't be going out if the solution is to wear it strapped to your BELT!!!
Closed Thread