Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Nextel or Verizon Wireless BB Service

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my Blackberry for about 3 years now through Nextel and thinking about switch to Verizon but I want to see if anyone has had problems with billing, service and ability to access the web. What do you all think about their customer service (ie. Are they quick to fix things and are they knowledgable when it comes to BB support).

Has anyone tried Verizon's Broadband for the BB? Thinking of switching but kinda scared because I know what I got but don't know what to look foward to if I choose them.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 09-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
blk n blu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I think it kinda depends where you are located. We are in Colorado springs and have nextel. Switched to Verizon for one week then went back to nextel cuz of verizona horrible coverage. "can you hear me now?"NOOOO!!

[email address]
PIN:401173E1
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
blk n blu

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Their broadband kicks nextels ass all over the place though.

[email address]
PIN:401173E1
Old 09-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I've had no problems with Verizon; coverage is great and so is voice quality. Never had to use customer service for anything yet though.

Please try a Search
Old 09-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

I'm in Chicago where there is a huge network but I want to be able to travel and still carry a good signal. I also want to be sure that I have a solid data connection. I use my non stop so I want to ensure that I don't get overchargd either. How is the data pkg?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFreak
I've had my Blackberry for about 3 years now through Nextel and thinking about switch to Verizon but I want to see if anyone has had problems with billing, service and ability to access the web. What do you all think about their customer service (ie. Are they quick to fix things and are they knowledgable when it comes to BB support).

Has anyone tried Verizon's Broadband for the BB? Thinking of switching but kinda scared because I know what I got but don't know what to look foward to if I choose them.

You really need to look at who provides the best coverage where you will using the phone, i.e. where you live, work, play and travel.

The best customer service and billing doesn't mean anything if you don't have good coverage.

I am sure almost everyone has a good and/or bad story regarding various carriers. I have both Verizon and Cingular and have few complaints.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #7
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub

You really need to look at who provides the best coverage where you will using the phone, i.e. where you live, work, play and travel.

The best customer service and billing doesn't mean anything if you don't have good coverage.

I am sure almost everyone has a good and/or bad story regarding various carriers. I have both Verizon and Cingular and have few complaints.

That's why I asked about all of the above I want to find out everything about them before I switch.

FYI: I've been dealing with many different cell companies but as far as BBs goes, I've only dealt with Nextel, I am really concerned. I have to have a full html browser too.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:04 AM   #8
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Well, if you're looking to use Nextel as your basis for coverage, you're going to be pleasantly surprised by Verizon, or even Cingular. Major city coverage is pretty outstanding.

And, as far as looking to us for help, none of us are going to be working where you work, or traveling where you travel. It's just something that a coverage map and a little hope is going to get you through. We can't provide you with definite answers.

But, a switch to Verizon would not be a bad move for a major city dweller such as yourself.

Also to consider, iDen (Nextel) BBs are going to start becoming scarce. There's little to no new technology being created, from a Blackberry standpoint, for that network.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
youdonkey

Model: 8320

I had a 5 month issue with Verizon. They over billed me $2500 because their computer ran one BB unlimited package and their own data package at the same time. All paperwork on both sides (mine and theirs) said I only signed up for the BB service. Long story short... it took 5 months, a letter to the president of Verizon, VW and CC'd their partners and board members to get them to fix it.