Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
ng12

Model: 8700g
Carrier: O2
Question BES express 4.1.4 MAPI & Activation Error

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have Blackberry 8700g Handheld that i wanted to configure with BES express 4.1.4. I have MS-Exchange email setup.

I have installed BES express 4.1.4 on the Exchange 2003, following all the video steps given at BlackBerry .

Ques 1: Below Warning comes whenever I tries to open 'Blackberry Manager' , what does the warning mean?

Warning: " Failed to open the default message store using MAPI Profile 'BlackBerryManager'. Please review the log for details. You will not be able to send messages from Blackberry Manager by email. "

There's only 1 option to click 'OK' on this warning. So when I click on OK, it opens Blackberry Manager 4.1. I can configure BB Manager, But still I cant send email to the blackberry to Activate it. An error appears Saying that MAPI Profile has not been configured.

What is this MAPI profile setup? How do I connect to this Mapi Profile, to be able to send Test email from BBManager to the email on handheld??

Ques 2: While activating the BlackBerry 8700g Handheld as per Video's Module-4, Tasks-4 (Wireless Activation).

For Wireless Activation, I get error message: "The server is not responding. please contact your System Administrator."

Ques 3: When I try to assign the device to the User using USB cable, it shows the PIN of BB handheld BUT after that I get error Message from BlackBerry Manager:

"An error occured while assigning the error to the Device to the User. The user is not yet known to the Blackberry Dispatcher. It can take several Minutes fro a newly added user to be fully initialized by the server before they can be provisioned. (15)".
I waited for 30 minutes but nothing happened.

Please suggest if I am following wrong steps from the Video Guide. or I have to configure something else at the same time. What is MAPI configuration here? What is the solution for these Erorrs??
Many thanks in advange.

Kind regards,
gn

Last edited by ng12; 08-22-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Did you install BES on your Exchange Server?
What user did you install it as?
What user have you logged in as?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
ng12

Default BES setup Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Did you install BES on your Exchange Server?
What user did you install it as?
What user have you logged in as?

Thanks for replying.

Yes I installed BES on my Exchange Server.
I installed it as BesAdmin user on ADUC and given permissions to it in Exchange System manager as per the support video.
I am logged in as 'Administrator' on this server.

waiting for your reply.
Thanks once more
gn

Last edited by ng12; 08-24-2007 at 09:50 AM..
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
ng12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng12 View Post
Thanks for replying.

Yes I installed BES on my Exchange Server.
I installed it as BesAdmin user on ADUC and given permissions to it in Exchange System manager as per the support video.
I am logged in as 'Administrator' on this server.

waiting for your reply.
Thanks once more
gn

Someone please help. I am stucked here. Any little help is appriciated.
Many thanks in advance.
gn
Old 08-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
sddroog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone NL

Ques 1: You have to login with the user account used when you installed the BES server.

Ques 2: When using Exchange 2003 with IMF installed, messages needed for the activation are being blocked by the spam filter. Configure IMF to allow those messages or stop the IMF filter temporaraly.

Ques 3: I don't know. Try again after logging in with the account used when you installed the BES server and try again.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Login as your BESAdmin account and report back what happens when you perform these functions.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #7
ng12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddroog View Post
Ques 1: You have to login with the user account used when you installed the BES server.

Ques 2: When using Exchange 2003 with IMF installed, messages needed for the activation are being blocked by the spam filter. Configure IMF to allow those messages or stop the IMF filter temporaraly.

Ques 3: I don't know. Try again after logging in with the account used when you installed the BES server and try again.
Hi,

Thanks for reply.
Ques 1: I am doing that.
Ques 2: How do I Configure IMF. Please explain the steps or give any reference link.
Ques 3: I tried it. But still no solution...

Please reply.

Thanks once again.
Rgds,
gn
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
sddroog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Ques 1: I am doing that.
Ques 2: How do I Configure IMF. Please explain the steps or give any reference link.
Ques 3: I tried it. But still no solution...
You said earlier that you are logging in with the administrator account. Hopefully you did not install BES with the administrator account. Not sure if that is supported. But I would uninstall and reinstall if I where you because obviously something went very wrong during installation.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
ng12

Quote:
You said earlier that you are logging in with the administrator account. Hopefully you did not install BES with the administrator account. Not sure if that is supported. But I would uninstall and reinstall if I where you because obviously something went very wrong during installation.

Yes I installed BES express under Administrator login on ADUC & exch server. Then, as u said in last message, I was trying to login with BESAdmin user on the same (server) machine. But it didnt worked. Would u suggest to reinstall under BESadmin user login? But I think it should not make any difference.

Please give your advice.
Thanks
gn
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
sddroog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Yes I installed BES express under Administrator login on ADUC & exch server. Then, as u said in last message, I was trying to login with BESAdmin user on the same (server) machine. But it didnt worked. Would u suggest to reinstall under BESadmin user login? But I think it should not make any difference.
You will have to (re-)install the BES server under the BesAdmin acoount. And administer the BES server under the BesAdmin account. Otherwise it will not work properly.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #11
ng12

Quote:
You will have to (re-)install the BES server under the BesAdmin acoount. And administer the BES server under the BesAdmin account. Otherwise it will not work properly.
Yeah, you are right. Also i need to install it on any server other than Exchange server, as O2 Blackberry Support told me.

Anyways, i will try it & give update here.
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #12
ng12

Default Do not install BES server on Exchange server Machine

Quote:
Yeah, you are right. Also i need to install it on any server other than Exchange server, as O2 Blackberry Support told me.

Anyways, i will try it & give update here.
Thanks for your help.
Hi all,

Just an update as it seems to be working for me now.
Things to remember that i found can be BIG MISTAKES:
1. DO NOT EVER install Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES) server on Exchange Server. In other words, install it on any server other than Exchange server.

2. Always login as 'BESadmin' user on this (other) BES server. Note: DO NOT install it under any other login such as Administrator or Else.

3. Configure your firewall to allow outbound-initiated bi-directional (established) TCP traffic on port 3101 from your BES to srp.ca.blackberry.net
Note: '.ca' is for Canada. Please select your own country/region code.

4. If you are connecting to an Exchange 2000 or 2003 Server, install Exchange 2000 or 2003 System Manager (ESM) onto BES server and then apply the same service pack that is on the Exchange box.
Note: Make sure to login as BESadmin user login credentials.

5. Make 'BESadmin' user account as 'Member Of' 'Administrators' on BES server.
Steps that worked for me: Control Panel -> system -> Advanced tab -> Profiles -> Create New -> Groups -> 'Administrators' on right pane -> 'Members' -> Add -> Besadmin user name @ your exchange server. -> Apply -> ok -> ok.
Note: If you will not do this, it can give you Access Denied or some other security related voilation error message.

6. Copy CDO.DLL from the Exchange Service Pack CD media to the c:\winnt\system32 directory on the BES.

7. Microsoft Outlook must NOT be installed. If it has been installed it MUST be removed compltely. [Note: Dont confuse with Outlook Express, as it will be still be there]

8. BES Admin Account and Exchange Mailbox Creation:
The BES requires a dedicated domain user account and associated mailbox to be created on your Domain using the following guidelines. It is very important that you adhere to the spelling and case.

Also, follow actual steps from BlackBerry video installation guide.

Rgds,
ng12
Closed Thread