Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
mazzel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default OK so I have searched...

Please Login to Remove!

Guys I have searched google, this forum and pinstack and I am still unable to perform a downgrade in os. I am following the directions as best I can but I do not see anything to uninstall in control panel. I installed 4.2.2 of desktop manager and then installed .73 Cingular. I am currently running .94 rogers and I am suffering from some issues mentioned here mostly that during a call it goes silent and the other person cannot be heard and then they come right back and I have no idea what they said.

I do not know what else to do or what I am doing incorrectly. There are only two options available in my control panel....4.2.2 desktop manager as well as the new Cingular version. There is nothing listed in my RIM folder in Program files for Apploader or vendor.xml.

I'm really getting frustrated with this to the point where I just want to break the damn phone!

Please any and all assistance would be helpful. I have no idea what people keep saying by deleting the current os from control panel as I cannot find my .94 file ANYWHERE.

I have searched enough of the forums for me to finally feel the need for my own thread. Please guys, help!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
parisot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: Doesn’t matter
Carrier: Centennial

Go to add and remove programs and remove the more current OS (.94)
Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
mazzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisot View Post
Go to add and remove programs and remove the more current OS (.94)
I can't find it...thats the problem. I don't know where it is. After I can find that if possible, I don't have the apploader file available under program files having loaded .73

Last edited by mazzel; 06-14-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
parisot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: Doesn’t matter
Carrier: Centennial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzel View Post
I can't find it...thats the problem. I don't know where it is. After I can find that if possible, I don't have the apploader file available under program files having loaded .73
You can’t find what? Where add and remove programs is or where the OS is that you need to uninstall?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Do a full backup using the desktop manager, that way it will save all contacts, sms, mms, email, etc.... Then do a full wipe from within your phone. Once you install the old OS, it should replace the previous one.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
mazzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
Do a full backup using the desktop manager, that way it will save all contacts, sms, mms, email, etc.... Then do a full wipe from within your phone. Once you install the old OS, it should replace the previous one.

Are you talking about a full wipe from the handset. Won't they just delete all my applications, contacts and programs etc but not affect the software on the device?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Try this, cleanest way to do it.
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
mazzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
No I will do a search on that program, will it restore it to .64 T-mobile?? What am I doing wrong on the pc though that I can't get the apploader file with program files? My problem seems to stem more from that than the handheld itself.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzel View Post
Are you talking about a full wipe from the handset. Won't they just delete all my applications, contacts and programs etc but not affect the software on the device?
Yeah, my bad! Nevermind the full wipe. Use this http://www.blackberryforums.com/atta...-installer.zip As long as you do a full back up, this wont affect anything, unless the software is not compatible with the older OS.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Once Desktop Manager is installed on the PC you can then install the OS versions to the PC as well. Simply download and install to the PC, then delete the vendor.xml file. For example, you purchase a new Pearl with 4.2.0.64. Then you see that a new update is available and you download and install 4.2.0.71 to your PC. You delete the vendor.xml and upgrade away. Then later you decide to downgrade back to 4.2.0.64. You simply go to Control Panel >Add Remove Programs and remove the 4.2.0.71 installation package. You then go to Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and.......nothing happens. What? You never had 4.2.0.64 installed to your PC. So now, you have no OS installed on the PC for loading to the BB. I hope this makes sense. HEre's what to do.

1. Make sure the latest version of Desktop Manager is installed.
2. Delete ALL other OS's from the PC under Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
3. Download and install whichever OS you are wanting to downgrade the BB to.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file
5. Plug in BB, Run DM/App Loader.

The Apploader will sense that a "downgrade" is sensed.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

You can use JL_Cmder to wipe the handset first but it is not required. The "downgrade" process has always worked fine for me.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Once Desktop Manager is installed on the PC you can then install the OS versions to the PC as well. Simply download and install to the PC, then delete the vendor.xml file. For example, you purchase a new Pearl with 4.2.0.64. Then you see that a new update is available and you download and install 4.2.0.71 to your PC. You delete the vendor.xml and upgrade away. Then later you decide to downgrade back to 4.2.0.64. You simply go to Control Panel >Add Remove Programs and remove the 4.2.0.71 installation package. You then go to Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and.......nothing happens. What? You never had 4.2.0.64 installed to your PC. So now, you have no OS installed on the PC for loading to the BB. I hope this makes sense. HEre's what to do.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #13
mazzel

Quote:

I have tried this and I cannot find the .94 to uninstall. Listed in my control panel I ony have .73 and the desktop manager, v 4.2.2 and thats it. I do not have an apploader option available in program files nor a vendor.xml file. This is where my problem is stemming, that I do not have these options. What can I do? What do I need to wipe to be able to get the apploader installed?

This is driving me insane.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon

Uninstall and reinstall the desktop manager and the new OS.

Try a different PC.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in moton\apploader and delete the vendor.xml if it isn't deleted already.

Then simply plug in the BB and run Desktop Manager and Application Loader.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #16
John Clark
BBF Moderator

If you can't find the .94 to uninstall then it's probably already gone. Just follow the instructions I posted.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #17
mazzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool View Post
Uninstall and reinstall the desktop manager and the new OS.

Try a different PC.
I tried that as early this morning, cleaning the desktop to the best of my knowledge. However I have no idea how to where to delete the .94 software on my PC.

I'm missing something somewhere, I was able to upgrade there is no reason I should be able to downgrade, what am I missing?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #18
mazzel

Quote:
If you can't find the .94 to uninstall then it's probably already gone. Just follow the instructions I posted.
I have tried my friend. I cannot get the apploader files to appear. I do not know what I am missing. I must be missing a step after deleting everything and reinstalling both desktop manager and the .73 cingular handheld software.

Help me Mr Clark!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #19
John Clark
BBF Moderator

mazzel.......
Please just follow the instructions I posted. If .94 is not showing up then it's not on the PC. Just to be sure you can go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\ and delete the folder for .94.

Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your computer. This will also remove any OS packages as well.

Install the Desktop Manager back to your computer.
Install whatever OS you want on your device.
Delete the Vendor.xml (again)
Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #20
mazzel

Quote:
mazzel.......
Please just follow the instructions I posted. If .94 is not showing up then it's not on the PC. Just to be sure you can go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\ and delete the folder for .94.

Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your computer. This will also remove any OS packages as well.

Install the Desktop Manager back to your computer.
Install whatever OS you want on your device.
Delete the Vendor.xml (again)
Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader.
I do not have the folder you are referring too. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I have followed your steps to a "T" and no os folder comes up to load in program files. Nor does any "shared" folder.

Last edited by mazzel; 06-14-2007 at 12:05 PM..
Closed Thread