Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
choward90

Model: n/a
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at t
Default look.

Please Login to Remove!

i am on the market for a new upgrade. i have been looking at the blackberry for a few days now. i definately have no idea so i was wondering if someone could fill me in on some few questions i have. i have beenn looking at the 8310 curve and it looks like a nice phone. the features are great but i need some more help. on the 8310 when you get a internet plan with your current service does that allow you to search anything on the internet just as if you were sitting at home but on your phone. also, i read it comes with the blackberry maps. is this program an actual gps and does it cost anything if you have the internet data plan. or is there an extra charge? also i see that you can use the actual gps on the phone and i have heard there is an extra fee. if so what is the extra fee or does it just go off of what your internet service gives you. as you all can tell i do not know much about these phones but i am very interested in buying one and the more help i get the better. thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums.

You can use the browser for most anything, of course it being a mobile browser you have some restrictions and obviously the smaller screen. Sites designed for mobile or wap use are much easier to navigate.

Since the 8310 has built-in GPS, yes the GPS is free, as long as you have a mapping application installed to view and use the GPS. BBMaps is free, but quite honestly, there are much much better free apps, like GoogleMaps. AT&T pushes their AT&T Navigator for $9.99/month, which uses TeleNav as the application, and it really is one of--if not the--very best mapping/GPS application, especially for directions and travel.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
Dinan3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: AT&T

most mapping services are free. googlemaps is a great free gps application for blackberry. keep in mind that you will need a data plan for your device if you use gps a lot, even for surfing the web. I personally have the telenave gps service, which is 9.99 a month, but since i use it quite often...it's totally worth it for me. i think the blackberry unlimited for att is $30 a month.

welcome to the forums, you've found a great place to do your research!!

Last edited by Dinan3; 05-22-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Closed Thread