Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #41
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Maybe they will look at what happened with your order. However, I hardly think it's an epidemic. A small percentage of orders will always be backordered, not available, discontinued, or maybe even misplaced or lost. I hardly think one slow order here and there is an epidemic. Compare the service to Zagg (SheidZone.) Their delivery is taking almost 3 weeks for almost everyone. That's an epidemic.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #42
uvamack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I have ordered numerous products from Seidio and I have nothing but good things to say, great customer service and orders arrive in a timely fashion. When I have had a problem with a product, they are more than willing to make good on it. Don't give up on Seidio.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #43
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

I have ordered from zagg, a long time ago, and wont do it again.

It's probably moot anyway; I doubt Seidio would want my business anymore anyway. I chatted them up pretty good.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #44
John Clark
BBF Moderator

smfh
Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #45
oBBsessed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I don't do a huge volume of business with Seidio, but I've never had a problem. In fact, I placed an order yesterday, and I can see that it left yesterday in the hands of FedEx...I should get it tomorrow. We'll see.

If ever there were going to be a problem with delivery times, this is the time of year to expect it.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #46
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
It's probably moot anyway; I doubt Seidio would want my business anymore anyway. I chatted them up pretty good.
Wow...I guess they will have to shut down the business now that they have lost you as a customer.

Sad...
Old 12-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #47
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Wow...I guess they will have to shut down the business now that they have lost you as a customer.

Sad...
He had a rough time man, no need for a personal attack.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #48
SheepDog

It's ok. I expect as much from him as he has shown that same agressiveness to others in my view, I care little what he says.

I received my order last evening and installed the rubberized case today. It is a very well fitting grippy case. I also got the clip in swivel carrier with it and it fits exactly and easily. The items are very well designed to close tolerances and I will use them.

I also got the screen guard and that seems to be less fun. Even though I used a microfiber cloth to clean the phone I still got a few bubbles that cannot be gotten rid of even by reapplying the guard.

I took it off and will try again later. All in all the trio was expensive but if it protects my BB as I hope it will I am happy.

Seidio, You have a good product here in the case and clip. I am satisfied I made a good deal.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #49
sta1

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I placed several orders this past week for several different products to accessorize my new BB8830 and here is a good example of some companies who know how to do it right and some that I guess just work at their own speed.....

1. 12/5/07 4:30 p.m. Ordered two spare OEM batteries and two AMZER Desktop USB cradles with extra battery slot from Blackberrystuff.com. Received e-mail confirmation @ 4:39 p.m. At 5:53 p.m. same day received e-mail with shipment confirmation and tracking number. Received package on 12/6/07 with only two spare OEM batteries and handwritten on packing slip note saying that the other items would be shipped in separate package. 12/7/07 called customer support to inquire about separate package. Customer service representative placed me on hold and came back about 2 minutes later and said that the second package would be arriving @ my address within the hour. He also gave me a 20% off code to use the next time for the inconvenience.

2. 12/5/07 3:40 p.m. Ordered a Rubberized spring clip from Seidio. 4:00 p.m. received an order confirmation. I have gone to their website to check on order and their is no status showing. Placed e-mail inquire earlier today and am yet to hear a response........

3. 12/5/07 3:45 p.m. Ordered a Full Body invisibleSHIELD from shieldzone a.k.a. ZAGG. 3:58 p.m. received order confirmation. According to their web site "Almost all orders are shipped by the next business day" However two business days have passed and no shipment confirmation as of yet.......

4. 12/6/07 9:12 a.m. Ordered a IGo TP00629-0009 A29 BlackBerry(tm) Mobile Phone Power Tip from ANTOnline.com via Google. 12/6/07 9:46 a.m. received order confirmation. 12/7/07 8:28 a.m. received order shipment confirmation with tracking number.

I guess I have experienced both the excellent the good and the we'll see. I should have read up on the history of both Seidio and Shieldzone a.k.a. ZAGG ahead of time.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #50
SheepDog

sta1, me too. But the products I received are very well made. I got a iubberized skin and clip holster combo. I then noticed that the clip holster is missing a rubber part and that others are having the same problem with Seidio not responding to inquiries about it. One member said the lady on the phone offered to rma his holster but not send the part. They just dont get that last 10% that makes the difference I guess.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #51
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Sheepdog, the clip holster for the rubberized skin model does NOT have the rubber piece in it. It's not supposed to. I bought one myself and noticed the same thing. I then removed the rubber piece from my 8100 Seidio clip holster and put it in my 8300 clip holster (they use the same clip.) However when I was done the 8300 with the hard case (skin) didn't fit in the clip. It fits and works much better without the rubber insert. All is well. You don't have a defective clip.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #52
SheepDog

Thank You John! I know it works ok I was just concerned it would fall out if it was missing a part it was supposed to have!

Cool! I feel better. Thanks again John! Seidio should pay you as a problem solver.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:41 AM   #53
John Clark
BBF Moderator

It also snaps in and out easier without the rubber piece. Honestly, I don't lift up the clip each time I put it in the holster. I just snap it in. If I didn't have the hard case I'd be a little easier on it.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #54
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta1 View Post
I placed several orders this past week for several different products to accessorize my new BB8830 and here is a good example of some companies who know how to do it right and some that I guess just work at their own speed.....

1. 12/5/07 4:30 p.m. Ordered two spare OEM batteries and two AMZER Desktop USB cradles with extra battery slot from Blackberrystuff.com. Received e-mail confirmation @ 4:39 p.m. At 5:53 p.m. same day received e-mail with shipment confirmation and tracking number. Received package on 12/6/07 with only two spare OEM batteries and handwritten on packing slip note saying that the other items would be shipped in separate package. 12/7/07 called customer support to inquire about separate package. Customer service representative placed me on hold and came back about 2 minutes later and said that the second package would be arriving @ my address within the hour. He also gave me a 20% off code to use the next time for the inconvenience.

2. 12/5/07 3:40 p.m. Ordered a Rubberized spring clip from Seidio. 4:00 p.m. received an order confirmation. I have gone to their website to check on order and their is no status showing. Placed e-mail inquire earlier today and am yet to hear a response........

3. 12/5/07 3:45 p.m. Ordered a Full Body invisibleSHIELD from shieldzone a.k.a. ZAGG. 3:58 p.m. received order confirmation. According to their web site "Almost all orders are shipped by the next business day" However two business days have passed and no shipment confirmation as of yet.......

4. 12/6/07 9:12 a.m. Ordered a IGo TP00629-0009 A29 BlackBerry(tm) Mobile Phone Power Tip from ANTOnline.com via Google. 12/6/07 9:46 a.m. received order confirmation. 12/7/07 8:28 a.m. received order shipment confirmation with tracking number.

I guess I have experienced both the excellent the good and the we'll see. I should have read up on the history of both Seidio and Shieldzone a.k.a. ZAGG ahead of time.
Please call 832-204-1118 in the morning and ask for Margaret. She will be able to help you with the status of your order.

Please understand that this time of the year is the same for us as every other retailer on the planet. Our orders have more than doubled, and it is sometimes hard to get every order out as quickly as we or our customers would like. We do appreiciate your patience during this time.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 AM   #55
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
sta1, me too. But the products I received are very well made. I got a iubberized skin and clip holster combo. I then noticed that the clip holster is missing a rubber part and that others are having the same problem with Seidio not responding to inquiries about it. One member said the lady on the phone offered to rma his holster but not send the part. They just dont get that last 10% that makes the difference I guess.
Sheepdog,

I apologize. I did just see the PM you sent me late Friday evening. Unfortunately I don't always have the ability to answer PMs or check forums on the weekends.

John is correct. The rubber piece was removed from that holster and you did receive 100% of your order.

Thanks,
Old 12-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #56
SheepDog

no worry Seidio. The first day I had the rubberized case on I had an incident. My shirt got caught in the holster clip and I without thinking gave it a tug. Yep! The phone went flipping out of the holster and landed face down on the tile floor! splat!

after maybe 30 seconds of just looking at it on the floor I picked it up. It had a screen.. it worked! No damage at all after a fall of maybe 3 feet to a hard commercial work tile floor!

I think I like this case!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #57
sta1

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Please call 832-204-1118 in the morning and ask for Margaret. She will be able to help you with the status of your order.

Please understand that this time of the year is the same for us as every other retailer on the planet. Our orders have more than doubled, and it is sometimes hard to get every order out as quickly as we or our customers would like. We do appreiciate your patience during this time.

Thanks
Called this morning and was told that Margaret wasn't available. The young lady took my name and phone number along with order number and said that Margaret would call me back. Just called again and Margaret answered the phone. I asked if she had gotten my message and her reply was that she didn't. Anyways she was able to look up order and said that it shipped out on 12/7/07 via USPS and that I should have received a shipment confirmation e-mail (never received) and that I should receive product by the end of the week.

Thanks, and i'll be sure to let you know how I like product after receiving.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #58
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta1 View Post
Called this morning and was told that Margaret wasn't available. The young lady took my name and phone number along with order number and said that Margaret would call me back. Just called again and Margaret answered the phone. I asked if she had gotten my message and her reply was that she didn't. Anyways she was able to look up order and said that it shipped out on 12/7/07 via USPS and that I should have received a shipment confirmation e-mail (never received) and that I should receive product by the end of the week.

Thanks, and i'll be sure to let you know how I like product after receiving.
Great...I'm glad you were taken care of. I'll get with our IT team and see what's going on with the email confirmations.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #59
SheepDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Great...I'm glad you were taken care of. I'll get with our IT team and see what's going on with the email confirmations.

Thanks
yep They aint workin. Neither is the confirmation of sale email. at least for me. Thats why I was so non plused over my shipment.

Communications would have circumvented all my frustration. And yes- I intend to purchase from seidio again sometime soon.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:13 AM   #60
PPCMD

Model: 8820

Here is what I call great customer service. I ordered something last Friday rather late in the day and as the site stated they it can take 24 hours to verify an order that is not shipping to the billing address (I ship to my office). So I was paying for overnight delivery hoping for Monday. I got a call on Sunday from the online store asking if I still wanted my order that they were sorry but it just cleared (received an email confirming it had just cleared) their system. I asked if it was going to ship for Tuesday delivery and it was.

So not only did I receive all emails from the online store, I received a personal call confirming if I still wanted it due to the missed delivery caused by the address not being the same. That to me is customer service. The store was MobileCityOnline and I was very happy with their treatment.

Now I did also email the folks at Seidio about the Skin Case & Holster combo since that looks like a nice package and I did ask about AM NBD Delivery, how long it will take to receive the product once I order since it is listed as in stock. I do want it for the weekend.
Closed Thread