John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
ROFLMAO. If it didn't occur to you, your oh-so-creative attempts to be super smart have been done better for years and embodied in a bumper sticker with the same immature number. You really do need to get out more. Spending too much time indoors memorizing how to stroke your BlackBerry. ;)
What Pizzle was trying to say was that this is getting very old. I am not going to put up with much more of this. It is in the Rant's and Raves forum which is why this thread has been left open for so long. However, flaming those who have spent much time here helping others is not cool in my book. JSanders helped write much of the Blackberryfaq and has posted answers to many many question by new and experienced users alike. You may not realize how much time that entails. You may not care. I'm sure it's saved many people a lot of time spent figuring out their BB. I draw the line at attacking him. You have done nothing but complain... You've been educated by some of the most knowledgeable people about Blackberry and how it works. It seems like you've acknowledged the BB's strengths and weaknesses but you still seem to continue flaming experienced, helpful members of this forum. If you want to have a discussion, I'm fine with it. However, if the personal attacks continue this thread will be closed.

Thank you,

John
Old 06-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #102
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
if the personal attacks continue this thread will be closed.
John, can I suggest that you not even wait that long?
This thread is over 100 posts long now, and I simply can't see how anything of any value could possibly be added to it.
Everything that can be said, has been said. Personal positions have been established, and it's apparent by the previous posts that there's not going to be any deviation from where people stand. A good-natured discussion is not possible any more.

In my opinion, this thread should be locked now, not later.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #103
slinky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Sucks

John - Perhaps JSanders' time spent donating time to authoring the FAQ makes him think that he is entitled special rights to deride ohers.Perhaps you think it affords him liberties obviously not granted to others of freedom of expression. Nobody posted to this thread for days until a few decided to take another crack at getting a few more jabs in - and the comversation was civil until the rabble was roused.

Look - some mature people helped me find some great ways to extend what the BB is right now. Others helped me appreciate that BB took steps to consumerize and PDA the device but did it half way so far. BB is still clearly tops for reading emails and managing contacts. I'm greatful that at least these days I can do more than just business functions - even use it as a very basic mp3 player. Great, but there still are some glaring holes that cripple the BB's ability to be a mobile office, and hopefully Dataviz will see fit to address RIM's absurd inability to provide any native document readers to use the HD card.

I appreciate the assistance from all but don't need to play whipping boy just because I have found some challenges to the BB and have stated such. This thread has had its use and if there is no further purpose but to serve as abuse, I agree.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #104
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I'm turned and looking the other way... not even gonna think about it.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #105
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I appreciate the assistance from all but don't need to play whipping boy just because I have found some challenges to the BB and have stated such. This thread has had its use and if there is no further purpose but to serve as abuse, I agree.
And with that, this thread will be closed.