Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 AM   #21
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therayban View Post
Several month's ago I talked about how I hated my BB Bold 9000 it was an expensive phone cost and it had very little memory.

RIM set it up that the OS, Email, Messages, Apps and more all MUST go into one little space. Everyone and I mean everyone complains about memory problems and having to do battery pulls. Yeah, real high tech!

Long before the Bold 9000 came out other cheaper phones had larger memory than what RIM put into this expensive phone. Poor planning and I am sure the less you put in the phone, the more money you make.

I was attacked for stating the facts, but now it looks like even the experts are talking about how RIM is going to lose it market share because of memory, display screens, processor speed and etc.

I have never been so disappointed by a phone in my life. You cannot contact RIM, as they do not speak or communicate with their customers. They are not loyal to the customer, so why should the customer be loyal to them?

They put a 1GB of memory in this phone, but again, 128MB of that 1GB is where everything but pictures, video and voice notes goes.

Real shame and as soon as my contract is up I am switching and not going to look back!
I think you're an anomaly. I have never had memory problems on any of my 40 BlackBerry devices and I am a fairly heavy user. I pull my battery maybe once a month or when I land in a new country to help facilitate the changes to the network list on the SIM and the HRT for BB registration. Most memory problems are caused by generally useless third-party apps, and to be honest I haven't found anything that I need to do on my device that can't be done with apps developed by RIM. The only third-party items I have on my device are my bank's app (which is a web app) and an extremely lightweight real-time currency converter.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #22
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

RIM speaks to their customers. YOU are not their customer. You are the carrier's customer.

I bought BES from RIM. I have no problem talking to RIM about BES issues.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #23
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Ditto @ CanuckBB.

When you're RAZR breaks, who do you call? AT&T, Verizon, or Motorola? Of course you don't call Motorola. So, why would RIM be any different. I never understand these statements. No one talks about Motorola, HTC, or any other hardware manufacturer not speaking to their customers on issues regarding their products, but RIM is supposed to. The mobile phone industry has always worked this way, why should it be any different for RIM?

You bought your phone from AT&T, you go to them with the issues when they arise. Why is that concept impossible to understand?
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
SunCatalyst

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Seee ya....
Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Ditto @ CanuckBB.

When you're RAZR breaks, who do you call? AT&T, Verizon, or Motorola? Of course you don't call Motorola. So, why would RIM be any different. I never understand these statements. No one talks about Motorola, HTC, or any other hardware manufacturer not speaking to their customers on issues regarding their products, but RIM is supposed to. The mobile phone industry has always worked this way, why should it be any different for RIM?

You bought your phone from AT&T, you go to them with the issues when they arise. Why is that concept impossible to understand?
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #26
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

knotty,
Are you a choo choo person like ez and me?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #27
mdaughety
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

I have had Blackberrys and upgraded devices since the 7250, if Rim doesn't provie OS6 for the Storm that I bought a year or so ago then I won't continue my relationship with RIM/Blackberry anymore after this one. As much as it pains me to say it, I feel RIM abandoned Storm and Storm2 users so far with OS6 and I will not continue with an organization that has no more loyalty than that. I have been very loyal to RIM in my business but my move to Android or something similar is just around the corner unless RIM provides an upgrade to OS6 or something quite similar to Storm and 2 owners.
You can bid me adeu and mock me as you have others on here, but I am a serious business person and a very very loyal BB owner, but the time has come for BB to show some consideration and loyalty to it's customers. If they turn their backs on Storm and Storm 2 users who's to say next year they come out with a OS7 with streaming video that only works on models after the Torch. You may say it can't happen but that is exactly what they have done to Storm users. I am not a reactionary but the reality of life is the smartphone business is changing drastically and BB isn't the only game in town anymore.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #28
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaughety View Post
I have had Blackberrys and upgraded devices since the 7250, if Rim doesn't provie OS6 for the Storm that I bought a year or so ago then I won't continue my relationship with RIM/Blackberry anymore after this one. As much as it pains me to say it, I feel RIM abandoned Storm and Storm2 users so far with OS6 and I will not continue with an organization that has no more loyalty than that. I have been very loyal to RIM in my business but my move to Android or something similar is just around the corner unless RIM provides an upgrade to OS6 or something quite similar to Storm and 2 owners.
You can bid me adeu and mock me as you have others on here, but I am a serious business person and a very very loyal BB owner, but the time has come for BB to show some consideration and loyalty to it's customers. If they turn their backs on Storm and Storm 2 users who's to say next year they come out with a OS7 with streaming video that only works on models after the Torch. You may say it can't happen but that is exactly what they have done to Storm users. I am not a reactionary but the reality of life is the smartphone business is changing drastically and BB isn't the only game in town anymore.

No mocking, but loyalty should have nothing to do with it.

I use blackberry because it does what I need and it's a pleasure to use. I'm not going to keep buying and using blackberrys if that is no longer true for me.

Also, I know RIM will upgrade the OS a couple times or more during the few years I have a model, and release a couple new free apps and improve the ones that are already out. If OS 6 eventually comes out for the 9700, I'll be happy, but I'm not going to be too disappointed. For one, I still know I'll see some improvements over what I got when I bought it; and for two, I expect by I'll be buying the next new device by that time OS6 is out and gone through shakedown testing in the marketplace.

I don't expect RIM to be loyal to me. What I know they are doing -- because I get market surveys from them all the time -- is working to better understand their users and what they need, and what their priorities are. That's what I expect them to do, and I hope they are good at it, because I benefit from them doing a good job.

I know I'm a different kind of user, and I believe RIM serves a different kind of user. I'm a little skeptical of RIM's attempts to win consumers, but hey, I'm a consumer, so I can't be too critical of what it's doing. I think the lesson is that "consumer" is not an monolithic block of nearly identical individuals with the same wants and needs.

I'll admit RIM has a tendency to focus on the base of the pyrimid (continuous engineering improvement on the existing technologies) and not as much ont hardware, software, and services -- and not as much on the point (the breakthroughs), but that isn't so much a negative to me as it is to others.

Anyway, the same old same old holds true: Use what works. If it isn't working, switch to something that does. Don't be loyal to the company; it isn't loyal to you. It's a corporation. It's business.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #29
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

I think you will be happy, RIM is stuck in the mud and the rest of the world is moving past them.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #30
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Yep. And as long as you don't hold your next phone the wrong way, you'll be fine.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #31
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I think you will be happy, RIM is stuck in the mud and the rest of the world is moving past them.
You are such a knob.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #32
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
It's called independent, rational thought. You should try it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #33
MM57677
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Ditto @ CanuckBB.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Every phone has something about it that is not perfect. Overall my 8300 is the best device I have ever used. I tried to go to a Samsung and after a month was ready to throw it in the trash. I'm back to my 8300 and plan on staying with BB.