BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
jjsun

Model: 8100
Default Not Receiving Emails

Please Login to Remove!

After several phone calls to T-Mobile and RIM, I'm still not receiving my emails. It has been very frustrating to say the least. I was hoping that maybe someone here can help me or has experienced something similar. I've been doing everything from wiping out all my messages to resending service books and all the things like that.

Someone please help!!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
BluePolaski
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same problem, 8100 on TMO in Michigan. I am on the phone with TMO right now too, they claim its Gmail servers but that is crap. I cant even send from work email right to the device. I have resent service books 2 times and re registered with network through host routing table?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
jjsun

Just tell TMO to get you up to RIM and have them figure it out. The people at TMO don't know how to do anything but resend service books and re-register the phone.

My phone was working fine last week, and now its not. The whole reason I got a blackberry is so i can get emails on the go. They need to fix it now.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
BluePolaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsun
Just tell TMO to get you up to RIM and have them figure it out. The people at TMO don't know how to do anything but resend service books and re-register the phone.

My phone was working fine last week, and now its not. The whole reason I got a blackberry is so i can get emails on the go. They need to fix it now.
I am working on that. They keep telling me its Gmail but I cannot even send from my work account straight to my [email address] account. I tried to send from blackberry to work email but that appears a no go as well.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
BluePolaski

It is a problem that RIM is aware of apparently. They say they are seeing a great deal of "congestion" in email delivery.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:08 AM   #6
jjsun

I'll be calling back again tonight. At least I'm back to receiving them now, but it still takes about 30 mins or more to receive a message from my sbcglobal.net account, which is a Yahoo! account.

RIM and TMO need to get their act together.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #7
Pr0sthetic

If you're having problems receiving email then attempt a few things (sounds like you've done some of it, but could still help in the future to do the following before calling and have the info readily available):

Ensure you have signal, and an active data connection (indicated by an uppercase GPRS/EDGE).. if not it's a connectivity/provisioning problem with the carrier.

Resend service books to the device (via web interface, or handheld through the host routing table > Register now). Ensure you receive activation messages to your device. In most cases you should receive 1 "activation/registration" message per email account integrated into service.

Send a PIN message to your device. If you receive this, this indicates you're setup, provisioned successfully to the network and your data services is working. This in most cases won't be something T-Mobile or the wireless carrier is going to fix, short of your email account not being "valid" and revalidating this, or having you attempt to delete the email account and readd it - both things you can check and do on your own via your web interface. If those 2 steps don't fix the issue with receiving email it will be transferred to RIM per routing issues within their infastructure, or as indicated possible congestion/maintenance. In most cases alot of times RIM will relay information over to the carriers effected and the carrier may give you this information should they have it. But it's not always the case.

If you don't receive your pin message sent, again this is a connection problem and the carrier needs to correct this.

I know it probably won't fix your issue, but these few steps are often what they are gonna have you do anyway so to save time on the phone - call in - and give them everything you've done and it will expedite the process.

Sucks you've had to call in so much and they weren't able to get it fixed as fast as we'd of liked :(

/Pr0s.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
OWenJ

Model: Pearl
Lightbulb Possible Solution to BlackBerry/Gmail/T-Mobile Issues

Sounds like a lot of people starting having Gmail problems via T-Mobile at about the same time I did. After hours of frustration trying to talk through it with T-Mobile and RIM, I gave up and worked out my own solution, which has worked on my phone and two others that were having the same problem. I wrote up step-by-step instructions in my blog, it's not terribly complicated but the exact order does seem to be important. Leave me a comment on the blog if you try it, I'm curious to hear other people's results.

Well, I tried to link to my blog, but apparently I'm not allowed to help others solve problems unless I've had at least 10 problems of my own. The URL is owenj23-dot-blogspot-dot-com, it should be in the first few posts or you can click on the blackberry tag.

If anyone with more than 10 posts happens upon this, could you post a link for me? And if anyone has problems finding it, send a PM or something and I'll get you a link.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWenJ
Sounds like a lot of people starting having Gmail problems via T-Mobile at about the same time I did. After hours of frustration trying to talk through it with T-Mobile and RIM, I gave up and worked out my own solution, which has worked on my phone and two others that were having the same problem. I wrote up step-by-step instructions in my blog, it's not terribly complicated but the exact order does seem to be important. Leave me a comment on the blog if you try it, I'm curious to hear other people's results.

Well, I tried to link to my blog, but apparently I'm not allowed to help others solve problems unless I've had at least 10 problems of my own. The URL is owenj23-dot-blogspot-dot-com, it should be in the first few posts or you can click on the blackberry tag.

If anyone with more than 10 posts happens upon this, could you post a link for me? And if anyone has problems finding it, send a PM or something and I'll get you a link.
Here's the link:

Cheating At Solitaire

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
SaV
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

I'm not getting anything as well.

It's been like this for the whole week.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
chewah

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobile

did you try resending service books? this can be done from your tmobile acct. usually works for me.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
dr00t

Model: 8700G

same here, no email since Oct 30
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #13
Jeff Koncius

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile
Default Yahoo server problems and no mail

Well, my 7130e (from Verizon) stopped getting emails last week due to the address being "invalid" and no matter how many times I validate it or delete and re-enter the email info, it just stops getting email (same for getting new service books, taking out the battery, praying to the BB gods, etc.). I then get the "donotreply" email of death from BB saying the account is "no longer accessible". I was just told by BB that it is a known issue with yahoo servers and there is no fix. So, there is nothing I can do other than redirect the mail to my BB address and wait for a fix to occur. What makes this frustrating is that my business partner has the same BB, with Verizon as well and also has an email address with yahoo small business (same domain) and he is not having the problem. The BB guy said that it all depends on what server BB looks to for the email and that just because mine is invalid does not mean that my partner's will suffer the same fate (and in fact, his has not had any problems). Great.
Closed Thread