BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
Minxy

Model: 8100
Carrier: Orange UK
Unhappy Blackberry/Orange UK - need help - please...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all

(mods please feel free to move this if its in the wrong place, im not really entirelly sure where it should fit best...)

I need some help to try and sort this out, im stuck in a position im really not happy with...

Basically last week my pearl was receiving emails ok, but any attachments sent to me in the email, i could not open. I could basically see that there was an attachment in the email (ie, it was visible in a written form) but if i clicked on it, the normal "open attachment" bit in the menu was not available so no matter what i did i couldnt open any...jpegs, word, nothing...

Being an Orange UK user, I phoned them as first point of call (after speaking to my mate at RIM, and him saying it was defo an Orange problem)...well what can i say, got this rude woman on the phone in data tech 2 i think it was, she told me that Orange UK do not support email attachments or the service!!!! I went a little mental saying how can you not its part of a basic blackberry service, she then proceeded to tell me that it was RIM's problem and i should visit their website and give them a call...5 minutes later of arguing with her, i just said fine, went to RIM's website and the only phone number listed was their offices in Canada!

Well needless to say i was not ringing Canada from the UK, so I rang Orange back and went straight through to the disconnections department, had a HUGE rant at them...then got put through to someone in data support 3 this time...well they tried everything, nothing was working...

On top of this I have no browser function, well if i do get browser it works for about a day and then it disappears again, i end up having to send the service books over again and again

Also I have no phone functions on the phone, they just dont work, i cant even dial 999, no one can ring in either, not even Orange helpdesk!!!

Well basically after lots of ranting and raving the position is this:

they are saying its a handset problem, and just want me to have a new one as they have me locked into a 18 month contract.

they are saying that they are not breaching their end of the contract as they say they are providing me with a business service, but they are not as far as i am concerned, as i cant read attachments in any emails, have no browser and no phone function, and its not the device, its the orange service that is the issue

they say if i want out of the contract i have to pay them £250 or the other option is just to get another blackberry out of them and continue with my contract, but they cannot guarantee to me that if i get this device it will work or the lack of service will change with the new device...

Because i am a small business user with a BIS contract, but my account is listed as "personal" they dont want to help me...

Basically i need some advice/help as to what i can do short of going to a lawyer...

HELP!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Short of going to a lawyer, I would very quickly take them up on getting the replacement BB, and get the unit working. Then come back here for help if you have issues.

Getting a lawyer will cost you more money, very likely more than the 250 you would need to break your contract.

At this point you need to ask yourself what is my highest need: to get a working BB or to win a battle of Orange UK.

Good luck either way.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
chetzy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: o2 - uk

how long have you had the handset?

has the mobile ever been able to open attachments?

Handset should be covered under warranty, 1st step defo get it replaced.
Closed Thread