BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #121
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Please Login to Remove!

so i lied, and i wont badmouth the cost of the plug in.
Toddboy, I only wish i could hit the slopes 9 knee surgeries an ankel surgery and running 3 businesses kinda hinders that.
Coffee has a 30 day ransidity rate and you dont get a cup of starbucks typically 45 days after its roasted. I get my organically grown and roasted beans approximatley 3 days after I place an order. Alpen Sierra is roasted right in South Lake Tahoe and it rules.

and Todd.......its driVel not dribbel
Old 12-22-2005, 11:22 PM   #122
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Whatever, happy holidays.....Perhaps one day I'll be in Tahoe, and I'll get a chance to sample the nectar of the gods.....Until then I'll suffer through with my Starbucks.....
Later.....
Old 12-24-2005, 02:10 AM   #123
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Mark, did you take the sports flavor down? I blew off my BB today and need to load it back on.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #124
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

No, the server my website was on crashed and it's still being rebuilt. Give it a few more hours...
Old 12-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #125
Soapm

NP, I was just making sure tregrad rudeness didn't get to ya.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #126
crs

I'm laughing...Happy Holidays...
Old 12-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #127
crs

All,

The www.crossriversystems.com web site is now back up and fully operational.

Thanks for your patience and Happy Holidays.

Mark
Old 12-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #128
roofus

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregrad
so i lied, and i wont badmouth the cost of the plug in.
Toddboy, I only wish i could hit the slopes 9 knee surgeries an ankel surgery and running 3 businesses kinda hinders that.
Coffee has a 30 day ransidity rate and you dont get a cup of starbucks typically 45 days after its roasted. I get my organically grown and roasted beans approximatley 3 days after I place an order. Alpen Sierra is roasted right in South Lake Tahoe and it rules.

and Todd.......its driVel not dribbel
Organic???!!!! Yikes!!!!!

Warning! If you continue to drink that stuff you will become seriously lacking in lead, mercury, and cadmium. I would consult my physician before continuing! You may need supplements.

Last edited by roofus; 12-24-2005 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #129
tregrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
NP, I was just making sure tregrad rudeness didn't get to ya.
I sure hope you think that pointing out "facts" dosent constitute rudeness, no where was I rude or disrespectfull to anyone in this conversation. If anyone is rude here it is you Soapm. Lets just hope that as a minister you arent "rude" over the pulpit, and on sunday maybe you BB should be left in the car and not on the pulpit next to your bible so you can check you beloved scores. And as a minister maybe you shouldnt call people rude that arent, makes for a bad scene when someone entrusted with the Gospel makes such ASSumptions.

Sorry if this came off as rude to anyone but when accused of such behavior on only has to defend themselves.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #130
Soapm

Quote:
I sure hope you think that pointing out "facts" dosent constitute rudeness, no where was I rude or disrespectfull to anyone in this conversation. .
Sitting in a burger king bragging on a big mac is considered rude. If you want a big mac you know where they're sold. You don't try and take everyone from the burger king with you.

Quote:
... and on sunday maybe you BB should be left in the car and not on the pulpit next to your bible so you can check you beloved scores..
Actually, I read my text from my BB. It also helps that Beiks allows me to put notes right in the verses. I have a bad memory (sleep apnea) and need reminders. I also send my sermon outline to myself as an email so I have it with me as I pace. I rarely stay in the pulpit when I preach, I'm a pacer...
Old 12-25-2005, 07:12 PM   #131
tregrad

Quote:
Sitting in a burger king bragging on a big mac is considered rude. If you want a big mac you know where they're sold. You don't try and take everyone from the burger king with you.

So if your whole congregation was in Burger King in line waiting to purchase a Whopper and the burger joint across teh street was handing them out for FREE you wouldnt tell them about it with the hopes of saving them some money?
That is sad. You would let them mindlesley go thru the turnstiles and dump their money into the Burger King repository knowing full well that just across the street is a place that gives away sweet home cooked any-way-u-like-it burgers.
tisk tisk.

anyway getting WAY of topic here and Im off to Church.

God Bless and Merry CHRISTmas.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #132
GonzotheDuck
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

I can't see my spending $40 a year on this, but check back with me come the first week of March. My BB may start smoking with scores/updates during March Madness, but it would be worth it.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #133
flatlander

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Yep, another newbie here. Seems like an interesting wizbang thing but the cost of the wizbang may outway its utility for me considering there are free realtime text alerts of any score change for any football team you wish to track via Yahoo. And while we're on the topic of paying for something when there are free alternatives, I haven't quite figured out the benefits of PD over BBToday. Perhaps this newbie will have to learn the hard way and I will continue to learn the forum search functions to find the answer.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #134
flatlander

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

One question regarding the sports add on wizbang (or perhaps this is a larger data versus voice question): will the periodic updates force incoming calls into voicemail?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #135
seiler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: at&t

after using this new plug in to pocketday for more than two weeks and traveling extensively for business through this holiday season i continue to think this is the best way to monitor multiple sports scores and games with our thumbs and blackberries....as it has been mentioned and i have done it before you can get scores for free via surfing the web (personally dont find it efficient or that easy with my 7100i others disagree) others even mention alerts from one team....but it is so much more efficient/easy to receive scores and track a game or multiple games for all the major sports by being able to set pocketday sports to update you how ever frequent you choose to get updated and continue doing whatever else you are involved in like me being in many meetings this past couple of weeks.....for those pondering the cost there is a free trial for two weeks then decide…. either way to CRS and everyone else Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #136
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Is anyone having trouble with their sports add-on? Mine wasn't refreshing this morning and when I pulled the battery to do a reset, it is now giving me the following error:

java.io.IOException: Bad DNS Address

Maybe something changed...??
Old 12-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #137
crs

dk...Bad DNS address is most likely a carrier / internet issue. It should resolve itself after a while.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:21 AM   #138
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiler
but it is so much more efficient/easy to receive scores and track a game or multiple games for all the major sports by being able to set pocketday sports to update you how ever frequent you choose to get updated and continue doing whatever else you are involved in like me being in many meetings this past couple of weeks.....for those pondering the cost there is a free trial for two weeks then decide…. either way to CRS and everyone else Happy New Year!
True, nothing like sitting in a meeting, pulling out the old BB like you just got a message just to see what's up in the games. Nice!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 AM   #139
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
dk...Bad DNS address is most likely a carrier / internet issue. It should resolve itself after a while.
You were right, nothing to worry about.

Thx, Mark.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:59 AM   #140
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
True, nothing like sitting in a meeting, pulling out the old BB like you just got a message just to see what's up in the games. Nice!
I couldn't agree more, one of the things I like the best. And not just one sport, all sports! This is gonna come in very handy for me as we lead up to March Madness.