Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Default Video Games topic area at BBF?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello at BBF.

Forum suggestion. "BlackBerry Game Apps" topic.

With the new App Store, and the explosion of new games such as Prince of Persia, Bioshock, Nacmo's genuine Pac Man, etc -- I think the time is ripe to add the creation of a BlackBerry games thread area. I keep discovering video games that I never knew existed for BlackBerry such as the Mario Kart clone "Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart". In the past I have worked two companies that also hired BlackBerry developers just solely for the creation of video games, so this is a hot area.

I suspect only 10-20% of BlackBerry Games are in the official Application Store. For example, Namco Dig-Dug for BlackBerry Bold, and Namco Super Pac-Man for BlackBerry Bold (available via Rogers Canada's mobile store), are not listed in RIM's BlackBerry Application store, and people in the U.S. never realize that these games even exist. Also cut down on the noise in general 3rd party application forums, while making it easier to find info about BlackBerry game apps. And within two years, RIM may add 3D chips to their BlackBerries (ala iPhone) for other reasons such as smoother screen transitions. You never know. (That's RIM, a few years ago, who once said they'd never add a camera to a BlackBerry)

I suspect with the increased consumer focus of BlackBerries, the time is ripe for a videogame-specific BlackBerry discussion forum on one of the big BlackBerry sites, and I'd think BBF would be an excellent candidate for the location of such a topic area.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread