BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
wjacob

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Duplicate entries when synchronizing blackberry 8900 with Ical.

Please Login to Remove!

When I connect my BB to Ical using pocketmac, my blackberry device has everything duplicated. I have it set pocketmac "override device" before sync, but it still just adds duplicates. Also, birthdays are spanned between two days, while on my Ical I have them for only one. Getting frustrated, please help.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

This is because pocketmac is the worst crap piece of software ever unleashed on the public. Bear with it until RIM has the nerve to release DM for mac. Which will probably after snow leopard comes out.
BTW if you have any data you really care about dont use pocketmac.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Try syncing with Google Sync to Google contacts and calendar or via MobileMe. Also try a search and see what you find.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
wjacob

all of my information is on Ical. what is google calendar? i need the information off of my Ical. Do I have any other options instead of pocketmac? if not, how do i just delete all the entries? because all of this mess is making me crazy. I'd rather have nothing than two of everything.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
G8TQH
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Three UK

You could try "Missing Sync for Blackberry" -- but it costs money and, in my case, lets the BB muck up my iCal entries (so I have it set to always over-write the BB never to sync between the two). However, it does clear things out and transfer all your entries.

Using the calendar on Google then Spanning Sync to upload all your iCal stuff to it, then GoogleSync to get that to the Blackberry sort of works. As you might expect, there are some "howevers". It took two or three goes to get all my iCal data up to Google calendar in the first place. It looked like it had synced OK, but events were missing. Once they were there, it also was a pain to get things to sync back to the BB. iCals events were (sort of) OK -- but you can't sync all of them, only a sub-set given by a number of days into the future and past. However, it never succeeded to sync my contacts at all. That part always fails for me.

An added pain is that I had to be in an area of really wonderful 3G signal before I could start the first GoogleSync (despite having perfect WiFi). Once I'd done the first sync, it would work over my WiFi OK. Then again, I've noticed this with a number of BB applications, they insist on working over 3G for the first time (and I don't get 3G at home) but then sometimes work well over WiFi afterwards, sometimes insist on 3G again!

Of course, your mileage may vary.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
wjacob

so now that i've uploaded everything on google calendar and resynched my bb with google calendar, i have every event showing up like 6 times on my bb calendar because I've tried so many different ways to do this. is there any way to delete every single calendar entry on my phone so i can restart and sync with google calendar?
Thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
vidmaster99

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Open the calendar on the BlackBerry, press the Menu button and select Options.
On your BlackBerry, do you see multiple calendars for each email setup on the BlackBerry?

If yes, check this article:
https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=386
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Statman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjacob View Post
so now that i've uploaded everything on google calendar and resynched my bb with google calendar, i have every event showing up like 6 times on my bb calendar because I've tried so many different ways to do this. is there any way to delete every single calendar entry on my phone so i can restart and sync with google calendar?
Thanks
Funny...not really, but I had the same issue....I got rid of google calendar. The only issues I have are the duplicate birthdays and birthdays going into the next day. I deleted them manually...
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
Viconi

Model: 9650
PIN: uuhhhhh
Carrier: Verizon

Clear your schedule till September when the desktop manage for Mac comes out.

I use mobile me to sync with outlook that I have running in VMware. Yes it sucks, but it works pretty flawlessly.

I leave but always come back.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

There is a way to reset your BB calendar (I've done it myself but sorry I can't remember how although I'm sure a BBForum search would turn it up), but before you go down that road I suggest you try Calgoo. It has a great duplicate-removal tool that I find is essential if you use gCal at all. It will also sync your gCal with iCal/Entourage if you want.
Closed Thread