BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
mrchun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default Disconnect Bluetooth, reboot. Anyone else?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I did a search and couldn't find an instance of this happening to anyone else. So, anyway:

I use a Motorola HS820 headset (which I love) with my BB 7130 with no problems. Last night I turned my headset off (I wasn't ending a call; I was merely powering down the headset) while the Blackberry was out of the holster with the screen dark and I immediately saw the LED turn orange. I rolled the thumbwheel expecting to see the "lost connection to HS820" prompt but what I saw instead was a white screen with the spinning hourglass. The unit was in this state for about two or three minutes, then it turned itself off. A quick press of the power button brought my BB back up with no apparent side effects. Weird, huh? I will test this again today to see if I can reproduce the same results.

Another note: as a former PPC user it scares the hell out of me to see any kind of system freeze-up or unexpected reboot, but I must say that my one-month experience as a Blackberry user has been completely worry free. I wasn't even worried last night when the BB was acting weird... I was just interested in how it would turn out!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

It's odd because this happened to me for the first time with my 7130e and IHF100 kit last night. I've been using the phone with the kit for months now and never had such a problem. For me, it happened a split second before pairing had completed, so it could have just been an odd random timing issue that is unlikely to be easily duplicated.

I have heard something of a "Bluetooth Reboot" problem before, but can't seem to find any info at the moment besides the thread below: http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1729. I think it was in regards to "new features" of an upcoming handheld os release.

If I find anything I'll post back.

Last edited by Ominx; 01-17-2006 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
jetster

Model: 7250

I have the 7130e from VERIZON and the BT500 from Jabra. This happens to me too... when I turn of the actual headset it hard resets the phone. So the next time I decided to go into the Bluetooth setings and "disconnect" the device. That did a hard reset on the phone as well. The only way I can find to turn of my bluetooth headset is by turning bluetooth off from the icon on the home screen. But it sounds like that is exactly what some others are doing and they get a hard reset too.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
Jeff d
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour

Verizon hasn't released a fix yet but in the mean time you can install the Bell Mobility software for the 7130e and it takes care of it as well as a few other issues. That's what I did and haven't had a crash/reboot in 5 days (It used to do it at least once daily).

See this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=23780

Last edited by Jeff d; 01-17-2006 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
island
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: NONE!
Carrier: iPhone 3G @ AT&T

VERY TRUE! I did the Bell fix and it works great.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
SDCromer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

Is there a step by step guide to upgrading the OS?