Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
Jawsnj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default ATT does it AGAIN

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks Verizon for letting the entire world pass us,

BlackBerry 8310 is the xxx8220;Papa Bearxxx8221; and the BlackBerry Pearl 2 (Comet) goes to ATxxx038;T | The Boy Genius Report
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
Jawsnj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

And a big thank you to the BGR for yet another great uncovering...now go get me some Verizon news...Please
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

DOH! oh man, I was expecting the papa bear to be the ultimate bells and whistles... Goes to show that it always goes back to "can't have your cake and eat it too" i think we're all gonna be dead holding our breaths till one of these devices come out lol (if it really does surface)
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

boo hoo
Old 08-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
Addicted123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Sprint can kiss my behind. I can't wait until my contract is up.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

why does RIM insist on these incremental upgrades? and the article says they could not fit wifi in with GPS? could that actually be true? seems like a bad design if they did not allow for wifi.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Blackberryer

Model: 8830

I'm so tired of both RIM's "halfway" model and VZW's release schedule. This is a joke. I use my phone for personal reasons as much as business, and PUSH just isn't enough of a selling point anymore. Where I live, VZW and ATT coverage is about equal, with VZW having just a little better call clarity. Not enough to keep me, though.

Looks like I'll be putting my new 8830 up for sale here and picking up an iPhone. I give up. RIM, you win. I'm not a hardcore email user, so no, I take it you don't need my business.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
test54
BlackBerry Master

i'm beginning to feel the same way, im going to look at iphone again and also want to see some of the new nokias. My business is not push dependent so, all these other phones that are out with more options are looking better and better compared to waiting for RIM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Blackberryer

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
i'm beginning to feel the same way, im going to look at iphone again and also want to see some of the new nokias. My business is not push dependent so, all these other phones that are out with more options are looking better and better compared to waiting for RIM.
I just don't see the advantage anymore. There are too many smartphones that do so much more than BB's. I don't understand why RIM won't release its own version of a "Jesus phone".
Old 08-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Blasphemers!!! Repent....and You Shall Be Saved!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
test54
BlackBerry Master

they want to stretch out the life cycle of each device. If they released a fully equipped model then they would need a new fully equipped one to follow it up and they are not equipped to do that i guess.

for me also i'm a BIS user that gets my email every 15 min. so i dont see any real BES benefit like others so push is really wasted on me. As well i use a mac at work and one at home and RIM has no software that does anything like DM.

RIM's plan it seems is to keep the Corp./Govt. clients happy and to dabble in the consumer end as well. But their Corp. thinking is going to hinder their ability to compete in the consumer end, as Nokia, Apple, Samsung throw out fully equipped devices and RIM is limited to a camera and GPS, its a tough sell to the consumer buyer.

I know it is Blasphemous and I do like the RIM OS and the 3rd Party stuff but I think to move on I will be open to all phones.

Last edited by test54; 08-03-2007 at 02:21 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #12
Dawg
No longer Registered.

well all I have to say is dont the the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. I am Blackberry for Life I dont need all these new fangled things to keep me interested. It just goes to show you how spoiled the people in the US are.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
Stabs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Am I the only one who gives 2 shits about wifi?

What wifi feature are you guys lusting over?

Last edited by Stabs; 08-04-2007 at 03:50 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabs View Post

What wifi feature are you guys loathing over?
Some might use it for VOIP calling to save on their minutes, or at least I heard that is something that can be done. I really could care less, though. All I care about is messaging really.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabs View Post

What wifi feature are you guys loathing over?

I could care less about WIFI or GPS for that matter its a dang cell phone
Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #16
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

RIM made the decision to split into equal-but-separate focuses for device releases - Corporate and Consumer - with a stronger focus being placed on the untapped waters of the latter. Why then, are there so many devices being released in multiple colors? Marketing to the requests and demand of the consumer market tops off this list of reasons. The Curve, no matter how quickly it's being adopted right and left by businesses, is a consumer device. The Pearl is, once again, a consumer device. Both will feature an array of consumer-friendly features, from device features (both in colors and hardware) to more frequent release schedules. The corporate devices will remain at a ~12 month interval for releases (November/December window). The 8820, a feature-specific device, is the one-off for this sector (originally intended for TMO but has seemingly landed with AT&T for whatever reason).

@Stabs, fixed-mobile convergence would be one of the major keys to use of Wi-Fi. For businesses, paying $10/mo for people to utilize their devices while on work campuses for unlimited calls and features is fairly cheap. This will only be available for TMO customers, though, but it's definitely a great technology idea.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
test54
BlackBerry Master

thanks Dawg, i dont understand why BB for life?

can their not be another device as good as BB? ever?

Its more of a future consideration, can RIM not put out a device with GPS, Wifi, Camera, 3G, Better Web Browser? Well they could but they choose not to and when they do they will first introduce a base model with maybe just 3G and then a year later they will add one or 2 more options then the next year they will offer all. Thats what i see as their strategy and its not good for implementing new tech. Thats my issue, not that im going to jump ship right now, but Push and a Stable OS can only keep RIM in good standing for so long, other companies are already passing them by in Tech and design.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
mortys11

Model: BOLD
Carrier: rogers

i think the lag time of designing a product and bringing it to market has been drastically reduced by RIM and we will see more and more from them.

as we speak they are churning out the new pearl, gps curve and wifi 8800...i bet the 9000 is slated to start soon too, so hold on.

there is no way they cant fit all (gps, wifi and camera in a nice slick case).
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #19
test54
BlackBerry Master

yes but mortys11 these are not new phones, they add options to refresh the model. My 8800 has awesome battery life, and I know that the design was to make sure the wifi model would have good battery life.

I guess the Pearl 2 might have an external microSD slot and they turned the camera (3.2 Mp) to horizontal. -BG Rumor.

Is it really possible Jibi that they designed the 88xx and 83xx to not fit GPS and wifi and a camera in that case? I mean is Nokia that much further ahead in phone design? I ask Jibi only because i think he has info on their designs, i think.

I'm not beating up on RIM i just am asking are they stuck in this production cycle or can they step it up?

Last edited by test54; 08-03-2007 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Pearl Info.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #20
boostieboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

screw wifi, i want 3g damnit
Closed Thread