Old 01-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
platbb5
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile
Default 8700c - TCP/IP streams not working - Cingular doesn't know how to fix

Please Login to Remove!

The following explains what has been happening with my Blackberry 8700c:

1. I call Cingular to change a small detail in my billing plan (from $64.99/month International Data to $69.99/month International Data + discounted int'l roaming)

2. Cingular makes the change to billing, we hang up, new billing setup is showing on my account at Cingular.com

3. Any application I have that requires TCP/IP streams, starts giving the error "could not open tunnel". This includes IM+, Quotestream, Newsclip, and others. "Normal" blackberry use works fine (web browsing, PIN messages, etc.)

4. I call Cingular tech support to ask them to fix my TCP/IP streaming.

5. After being transferred around for (literally!) an hour, I finally get to a tech support rep who (sort of) understands Blackberry issues.

6. The rep checks my setup, tells me everything is fine, and that "3rd party applications are not supported", has me load Google.com in the Blackberry web browser, as proof that everything is working fine....as I insist that it's just TCP/IP streams that don't work, he goes back to saying "3rd party applications are not supported" and seems to have no idea what I am talking about when I refer to sockets, streams, etc.

7. I hang up, go back to step #3 above, hoping to get a more educated rep, and repeat 5 times in the same day, to no avail. FRUSTRATING!

Questions:

A. HOW DO YOU GET TO A CINGULAR BLACKBERRY TECH SUPPORT PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT THE *%$(*%($ THEY ARE DOING?!?!

B. How do I get Cingular to fix my TCP/IP streams?

Any help would be appreciated! It's amazing how much time I burned up today (5+ hours) trying to get this fixed, and at the end of the day I'm left with no solutions!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
siennaberry
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100i
PIN: 5415313
Carrier: tmobile
Default Solution.

Go to Options -> Advanced Settings -> TCP
Enter the following Data
APN: wap.cingular
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1
Old 02-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
ArmaGideon

Model: 8700c

I am experiencing a similar experience to platBB5 and I've entered the information you've indicated and still no success.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
ArmaGideon

Model: 8700c

Hi,

I just called the Cingular International Support 001.916.843.4685 (Dialed 4) and they were able to help me immediately. I used the APN settings in siennaberry's reply. And it only required a restart.
Closed Thread