Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Cori2094

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T mobile
Default Got SMS Text and T-Zone for free

Please Login to Remove!

I call TMo yesterday about not being about to pick up signal in some places. Ok, got that fixed. I asked about me paying for text and pictures msg and she said that they had a meeting and is offering people that has BB to receive picture and t-zone on new activations.

I was wondering if I can send pic and get on t-zone is there a way to get on the net or use the phone as a modem without the internet plan?

Sorry i might MMS texting

Last edited by Cori2094; 05-10-2007 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Wrong wording
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

No, you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan to have internet data, email, PIN messaging, MMS and the browser. Without such, you have a phone and SMS capability.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Cori2094

Sorry i might MMS texting.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori2094 View Post
Sorry i might MMS texting.
might = meant?

You might need to call back the customer service rep who told you about the meeting and the free tzones and SMS and tell them you want that plan.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
Cori2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
might = meant?

You might need to call back the customer service rep who told you about the meeting and the free tzones and SMS and tell them you want that plan.
That is the thing. I don't want to pay for the plan. I just wanted the SMS. I was just thinking, since the SMS and tzones are using the net (aleast the tzones is) there might be a way to access the net.

Really all i want to do with the net is use my phone as a modem. But if i have to buy the plan i can do without it.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
Neverl8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
That is the thing. I don't want to pay for the plan. I just wanted the SMS. I was just thinking, since the SMS and tzones are using the net (aleast the tzones is) there might be a way to access the net.

Really all i want to do with the net is use my phone as a modem. But if i have to buy the plan i can do without it.
It's only $20/month more and quite worth getting the BB plan. In fact, I'm at a trade show now using the BB as a modem to get on the net. The best part is the ability to take a picture and email right away to someone. Just wished the camera was at least a 2MP. You can always just sign on for one month to try it out as there is no commitment.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Why would you expect to get this free? It is their data pipe--all in life is not free. It's like asking McDonalds to give you free food every day and week and month, just because you brought your own empty bag and drink cup...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
Cori2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Why would you expect to get this free? It is their data pipe--all in life is not free. It's like asking McDonalds to give you free food every day and week and month, just because you brought your own empty bag and drink cup...

I know everything in live isn't free. But if there was a way to get it free, you would take it.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yes, absolutely, if it is offered to you for free. And that is why I advised you to call back CS rep you spoke with, but you still stated you don't want to pay for it.

Good luck.
Closed Thread