BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #21
William&Frances
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

.......Well I don't like the way you do your job inspite of all those here who praise you. You don't have people skills one.....further more, the next time you have a suggestion about where I should go, do me the honor of saying it to my face because I am getting kind of tired it.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I belong to several forums and I see no problems here.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #23
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Wow. Looks like some interesting character assassination is going on in this thread. I smell a little personal vendetta mixed with appreciable self-righteousness. Further proof that this forum is populated by real people with real emotions who sometimes have a bad day and come across a little short.

I hold no one here in deific regard, but for the most part, I like the moderators and the appreciate the job they do. I find myself reacting in similar ways to the tiresome and oft-repeated posts that sometimes seem to overwhelm the useful sort of discussion that I enjoy reading here. The main difference would be that my patience with it would have evaporated a long time ago, so I admire those who can (usually) maintain their composure after dealing with it for months or even years.

Yes, it would be nice if everyone were treated with the most tender lovingkindness here and everywhere else in the world at all times, but I know that I couldn't pull it off myself, so I don't expect anyone else to do so either. I'm just thankful that this forum exists for those of us who need or just enjoy such things, so I'm willing to extend a little patience to my fellow human beings and not take every less-than-gentle word as a grave personal insult.

Truly, I am surprised, given the vast and varied nature of the Internet, that anyone who felt unwelcome on a forum would stay around long enough to complain of their mistreatment.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #24
William&Frances

.....so, if you and I happen to go into the same resturant and u like the food but I don't....does does that make it all good? Also, if I don't like the dish I had and I complain about it... do I have to leave or can I make the choice to stay and try something else if I like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
I belong to several forums and I see no problems here.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #25
William&Frances

.....you know its really getting old that people suggest you leave somewhere because you make a comment, or complaint about something that rubs you the wrong way. No, I am not Alec Baldwin, I can't stand President Bush either but I am not threatening to leave the country, nor do I want to and can't be made too. Anyone in position of power no matter how small, is going to have its koolaid drinkers. While I can sympathize with the drugery of answering the same old questions day after day after day there is no excuse for letting the fustration get so bad that you take it out on anyone. Step back count to 10 and if your still that pissed then just tell them to please search the forum for your answer or that your thread is off topic, please find the appropriate place to post it...if your new and need assistance, I can help you with that. I am not saying that you have to treat anyone with kit gloves but as I hinted before, only parents have the right to chastize though they are lucky if they can still get away with that without going to jail for child abuse.

If anyone should be leaving its those that can no longer be courteous in the work that they volunteerd for. I have only had a problem with one moderator and it seems everyone has made an excuse for him from having a bad day, to being fustrated over the same old questions to the fact that he lives on the east coast and thats the way they all are. If you choose to accept that crap when it happens you fine...I don't and this hatchet had long been buried until another brave sole who started this thread stepped up and mentioned the same thing and the response he got was "I have my broad brush right here guys.
If you feel you are being mistreated, then you have choices. No one is FORCING you to stay here, are they?" Why should that response be acceptable?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #26
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

Why don't you just agree to disagree. This thread is going nowhere and really should be closed.

Please try a Search
Old 10-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #27
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Well put kasperapd, as this horse has been beat to death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Why don't you just agree to disagree. This thread is going nowhere and really should be closed.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #28
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

We help out with our experience and knowledge; contributing to the forum, as well as the newly created FAQ, is our top priority (imo, although some of the others may disagree).

If moderation is to be done, then it's to be done. If this means banning someone due to vulgarity or continual complaints from other users, then so be it. I personally do as little actual moderation as possible, in the most native sense of the word, as I do believe in a sense of free speech. With that said, if someone is blatantly wrong about a certain topic, or if someone is being quite rude to other forums users (and yes, this goes for moderators, as well), or if someone is simply trolling around to piss someone off or simply cheat them out of money on the BST forums, then I, as well as the other moderators, tend to have good judgement on how to deal with them.

If you want to attack one of our moderators for the way they do things, especially when they are simply doing their 'job', then you pretty much attack the entire site as a whole (each of us are voted on by the others prior to being 'promoted', just so you know).

This is a forum, an open-to-the-public forum. We have persons of all ages on these forums. There are some younger (and older) members who have hot-heads about various subjects, or they simply thing any sort of authority figure is out to get them. This is not the case, in my opinion (I was a user here prior to having an open-door for a moderator position).

We are just like every other user on this forum - we will reply back to someone just as we would if we were a user; we will share information just like others do; we will do our research just like others; we will even search for our own issues then ask questions without the thought that it's a bad question... we just have the added responsibility to field complaints from other users (about other users) and the ability to take action against them. None of us abuse this pseudo-power and none of us hold it over someone else's head and ban the user just for the hell of it.

It is the (very) common perception that moderators or administrators on forums take their jobs too seriously and are card-bearing members of the modern day Gestapo. The simple fact of the matter is that people complain, we react accordingly; we notice someone out of place, we put them where they need to go; someone spreads false information, we'll correct them. In total, I've had 55 reports posts in the last week (that's almost 8 per day) - this is only from the 'Report Bad Post' function that most people don't know about. Add in the PMs, public comments, etc., and we have an awful lot of people who are offended by someone, in some form or fashion. These complaints never go unheard and are often dealt with, either publically or privately. Honestly, this is a forum for a broad range of people, and it's obvious that some are not going to get along with others (this includes moderators on both sides of the fence). This is part of life, and this part of our social psyche is not going to be any different on these forums, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it.

-J
Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #29
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Everyone loves the Gecko....or they better
Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #30
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309

Can't we all just get along?

you knew someone was going to throw that in sooner or later.
Closed Thread