Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000
Default Update: Someone stole my 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Ok,

I got my second 8100 from tmobile yesterday. I was at the door when the ups guy came and i signed for it.

What were the differences between package #1(stolen) and package #2 (not stolen)???? the whole box was shrink wrapped.

So i can confirm that ups stole the pearl.

#1= tmobile always makes sure there packages are shrinked wrapped out, i asked them over the phone.
#2= when the first box came, on camera there was no shrink wrap.

The UPS driver, who comes to my office everyday was acting very shady. He was so nervous that he didn't even ask me to sign for the package, my recepectionist had to remind him... also she said.... "here take this box, the one you guys stole the phone out of"... he went white in the face and said he doesn't know anything about it and ran out faster then you can say ups.

This is the forth time I have had issues with ups, delivering my packages to other people, losing them. Funny thing is there distrubution center is down the block.

Especially after this case, i can no longer use ups at work..

There is my rant.. in the right place.... in the rant section... ranting about shipping of my replaced pearl!

Last edited by paulbblc; 12-02-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 12-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
virtualman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: vzw

Maybe someone in the hub rewrapped it and the driver knew the pkg was screwed.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I know someone who works for ups and they have pretty tight controls in place. I suspect that if this did happen, ups knows all about it.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Sprint

You also have to remember that the specific delivery person that you see is the face of the whole process of shipping from point A to point B. That driver has to hear complaints about every person who touched the package before him, which was a lot of people. It is possible that he knew it was an error by UPS, but he did not want to take the fall for it, did not want new uniform rules placed on his local group because another employee 2000 miles away who stole it, or it could even be that your area uses contracted UPS employees - which is becoming fairly common. At least you finally received your item.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
virtualman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomryan
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I know someone who works for ups and they have pretty tight controls in place. I suspect that if this did happen, ups knows all about it.
I heard of one loader slapping different address labels on packages and picking up the packages on his way to work that night.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
The UPS driver, who comes to my office everyday was acting very shady. He was so nervous that he didn't even ask me to sign for the package, my recepectionist had to remind him... also she said.... "here take this box, the one you guys stole the phone out of"... he went white in the face and said he doesn't know anything about it and ran out faster then you can say ups.!
This is the holiday season, could he have just been behind on his route? Was he legally parked? Maybe he forgot to turn your first 8100 to vibrate and he was expecting a call?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:33 AM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
#1= tmobile always makes sure there packages are shrinked wrapped out, i asked them over the phone.
#2= when the first box came, on camera there was no shrink wrap.

I just had a 7105t replaced under warranty a week ago and it came in a small cardboard box with no shrinkwrap. it just had a label and one small piece of tape holding the box closed.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
I just had a 7105t replaced under warranty a week ago and it came in a small cardboard box with no shrinkwrap. it just had a label and one small piece of tape holding the box closed.
Your UPS guys must not like suretype...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
wichita
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105t

Contrary to what tmo told you, not all packages are shrinkwrapped. I know this for a fact. I've received numerous packages from tmo with no shrinkwrap.

Now as a supervisor for UPS. We have very tight security in place. I am not however saying it didn't happen. I just find it very hard to believe it was done on our end. Altho, I do know there are bad people in every line of work.

But..........we put our people thru a very extensive background check. And you would not believe how many people handle any given package. Not all of them work for UPS. Some work for airlines outside our control.

So please, before you blame someone for stealing your phone, please make sure you are placing the blame where it belongs. I feel we have a very good track record and I stand behind our employees.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichita
Contrary to what tmo told you, not all packages are shrinkwrapped. I know this for a fact. I've received numerous packages from tmo with no shrinkwrap.

Now as a supervisor for UPS. We have very tight security in place. I am not however saying it didn't happen. I just find it very hard to believe it was done on our end. Altho, I do know there are bad people in every line of work.

But..........we put our people thru a very extensive background check. And you would not believe how many people handle any given package. Not all of them work for UPS. Some work for airlines outside our control.

So please, before you blame someone for stealing your phone, please make sure you are placing the blame where it belongs. I feel we have a very good track record and I stand behind our employees.

Well said
Old 12-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Your UPS guys must not like suretype...
lmao clever
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #12
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Without sufficient evidence that UPS is solely responsible for the missing blackberrys, whether stolen or lost, it is not acceptable to post a thread placing blame on their company and employees.

For this reason, I would like to ask everyone to refrain from posting such replies. Any replies that accuse UPS or its employees of theft without evidence will be deleted.

Thanks,

The Gecko
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #13
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

When I had a 8700g with Tmo I had about umm 3 of them replaced and I never got a single one shrinked wrapped... Like I said in the last post I don't think just the finger can be pointed at UPS, but the system as a whole failed the customer whether it be tmo warranty, tmo shipping, ups pick up, ups sort, ups air, ups sort, ups deliver.

But hey atleast you got your new one!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Glad to hear you finally got your Pearl. I still say frisk the secretary......just kidding.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
lovemaster
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100

im not accuseing anyone but mine said delivered to door and it wasnt there.huhm kinda makes me nervouse.
Closed Thread