BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
candres79

Model: 7100t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: metro pcs
Default Need Help With Boost Mobile!!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I am New to the forums and have a question. Wich BB works the best with the boost mobile service? I plan to buy a BB soon but don't know if there are some that work better on boost than others. I know that it has to be iDEN right? I basically just want to be able to talk, text and surf the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

8350i
Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
candres79

Model: 7100t
Carrier: metro pcs

will I be able to use the internet, and send text with no problem with that model???

Does that have to be a nextel phone???
Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by candres79 View Post
will I be able to use the internet, and send text with no problem with that model???

Does that have to be a nextel phone???
No, you will not be able to use the Internet as Boost Mobile does not provide BlackBerry service. You should be able to send text messages.

You must use a Nextel-branded Sprint handset with a Boost Mobile SIM card as Boost Mobile is an iDEN provider that runs off of the Sprint iDEN network
Old 02-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
shubydoobydo

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Would one of the Pearls work with the Boost Mobile service? Also I would not be able to check my email if I do use their service? Is this correct. Sorry I am new to the BB Thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
hilu80
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: T-Mobile

um i think its going to work fine and if u get the blackberry plan also because sprint also has blackberry data service which boost mobile runs off there towers
Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
shubydoobydo

Does Boost Mobile offer a Blackberry Data Service? Or Would I have to purchase the Sprint Data Plan? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubydoobydo View Post
Would one of the Pearls work with the Boost Mobile service? Also I would not be able to check my email if I do use their service? Is this correct. Sorry I am new to the BB Thanks!
No. There are no iDEN compatible Pearl series devices, and no, you will not get your e-mail with Boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilu80 View Post
um i think its going to work fine and if u get the blackberry plan also because sprint also has blackberry data service which boost mobile runs off there towers
No, this won't work at all. Boost is a prepaid iDEN provider, and they do not offer BlackBerry service.

Please do not post if you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Does Boost Mobile offer a Blackberry Data Service? Or Would I have to purchase the Sprint Data Plan? Thanks!
No, they do not. See my post above.

If you want BlackBerry and iDEN, you will need to purchase a contract plan from Sprint, and pay for a BlackBerry data plan.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
shubydoobydo

Ok so who do I trust?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Ok so who do I trust?
I hate to sound conceited, but you should trust me. I've owned 22 BlackBerry devices in the last four years, and I'm very experienced with them. I also can speak English.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
dwella
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Ok so who do I trust?
Gee thats a real tuffy......On one hand we have a person with over 4000 posts and one that has 15......Boy I dont know I see your problem a real dilema..... Oh yea one joined in 2005 about 4 years ago and one Feb this year anywhere between 31 days and 3. Again tough choice. For what you are thinking of doing with a cell phone I would recomend a different phone than a Blackberry and I am not trying to be sarcastic with the last statement. The rest of my post is full of sarcsm though.

d

Last edited by dwella; 03-03-2009 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
AllanAV
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: Boost

I'm using a 7520 on boost network. Internet works fine as long as you download opera mini , BB browser does not work, also BB e-mail client does not work on boost network but I have read post of users that were able to circumvent this issue with 3rd party e-mail client. Note 7520 does not support local text messaging it requires BB data plan to be able to send and receive MMS and texts, therefore boostberries 7520 are unable to send and receive text and MMS. I have been looking for a free or cheap work arround for this issue (yes, I found a solution but it cost 10c per message). I do not know about 8350i I'm actually looking for a member of this forum that have converted an 8350i to boost and know if text message works. I'm a new user to this forum but I have been moding phones, PCs and game consoles for over 10 years as a hobby.
----------------------------------------------------
Also, BB pin message does not work for the same reason lack of BB data support.

Last edited by AllanAV; 03-08-2009 at 10:55 PM..
Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAV View Post
I'm using a 7520 on boost network. Internet works fine as long as you download opera mini , BB browser does not work, also BB e-mail client does not work on boost network but I have read post of users that were able to circumvent this issue with 3rd party e-mail client. Note 7520 does not support local text messaging it requires BB data plan to be able to send and receive MMS and texts, therefore boostberries 7520 are unable to send and receive text and MMS. I have been looking for a free or cheap work arround for this issue (yes, I found a solution but it cost 10c per message). I do not know about 8350i I'm actually looking for a member of this forum that have converted an 8350i to boost and know if text message works. I'm a new user to this forum but I have been moding phones, PCs and game consoles for over 10 years as a hobby.
----------------------------------------------------
Also, BB pin message does not work for the same reason lack of BB data support.
Mobile-originated SMS was not supported on the 7520, 7510, 6510, or 7100i (or any of the older iDEN handsets) at all. It was a device limitation, not a matter of having a BlackBerry plan or not.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
AllanAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Mobile-originated SMS was not supported on the 7520, 7510, 6510, or 7100i (or any of the older iDEN handsets) at all. It was a device limitation, not a matter of having a BlackBerry plan or not.
Yeah, that is what I meant. According to NEXTEL representatives the BB data plan on NEXTEL network would solve this issue. supposedly MMS and texts would go through as e-mails to NEXTEL servers and than dispatched as MMS to other phones. However, I don't know how accurate is this info is, seems like I always know more that the person on the other side of the line, plus the sad reality is that they are there so sell services not help costumers.
----
Do you know if the new BB curve 8350 support mobile-originated SMS?
In other words would it be able to send and receive MMS in the Boost Mobile network?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
AllanAV

to get email on the boost network other users are using imobile it will not download your email it copies the e-mails from your e-mail account(s) you can register multiple e-mail accounts the link to the website is:
Download

I have tried and it works fine with G-mail and some hotmail accounts.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAV View Post
Yeah, that is what I meant. According to NEXTEL representatives the BB data plan on NEXTEL network would solve this issue. supposedly MMS and texts would go through as e-mails to NEXTEL servers and than dispatched as MMS to other phones. However, I don't know how accurate is this info is, seems like I always know more that the person on the other side of the line, plus the sad reality is that they are there so sell services not help costumers.
----
Do you know if the new BB curve 8350 support mobile-originated SMS?
In other words would it be able to send and receive MMS in the Boost Mobile network?
As far as I know, having a BB plan from Sprint does not solve the MO-SMS problem on older iDEN handsets.

I'm honestly not sure that the 8350i solves this problem, but it seems that I have read from other users here that they can send MO-SMS.

Last edited by dc/dc; 03-09-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #18
AllanAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
As far as I know, having a BB plan from Sprint does not solve the MO-SMS problem on older iDEN handsets.

I'm honestly not sure that the 8350i solves this problem, but it seems that I have read from other users here that they can send MO-SMS.
Thank you!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
moneymk109

Model: 8350

Ok first im new to the forum but I happen to have searched the internet for somebody who coud tell me if Boost worked with the blackberry 8350i and most people did not know so I purchased the 8350i and followed the workarounds and it worked perfectly EXCEPT i coud not get the text messaging to work correctly.Other than that it works DONT BELIEVE THE SPRINT SALES PEOPLE WHO WANT YOU TO PURCHASE A PLAN
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymk109 View Post
Ok first im new to the forum but I happen to have searched the internet for somebody who coud tell me if Boost worked with the blackberry 8350i and most people did not know so I purchased the 8350i and followed the workarounds and it worked perfectly EXCEPT i coud not get the text messaging to work correctly.Other than that it works DONT BELIEVE THE SPRINT SALES PEOPLE WHO WANT YOU TO PURCHASE A PLAN
I can guarantee you that you don't get push e-mail or PIN messaging.