Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon
Default BSE, Body Guardz, or ZAGG?

Please Login to Remove!

I recently made a warranty claim and am getting a new Storm. I have been using a rubber skin but I am now considering one of the custom thin skins.

I researched ZAGG and have seen far more complaints than good reviews. Youtube has a video where an owner trashes ZAGG and shows the shield installed. The phone was new and looked terrible. Other videos show the screen being very unresponsive with the ZAGG shield applied.

BSE reviews seem better. The BSE shield also appears easier to apply and is available at less than half the cost of a ZAGG.

Body Guardz seems to be another competitor with ZAGG, comparable to BSE.

Overall, everyone complains about the installation process with peeling / lifting at the corners being the #1 complaint. ZAGG also is said to be a lint / dust magnet that will make your phone look like a Chia Pet out of the pocket. However, I found a user who claimed car wax will eliminate the lint issues associated with a ZAGG shield.

Talk to me forum! What's the best skin OR should I stick with my rubber sleeve?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
rhn1975
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: VzW

Search through the forum as there are several threads on this topic. I've seen the videos on youtube and can't make any sense of them. I've had the invisible shield from ZAGG on my Storm for about a month now and it is amazing. Installation is a bit of a pain so you need to be very patient but mine was done right and it is flawless. No issues with dust but it does show fingerprints a lot specially on the back where the phone originally has a matt finish - i installed the fill body.

Strongly recommend the ZAGG
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Personally, I'm a fan of BSE. Then again, I also haven't applied one to my Storm yet, so I can't say how they work on the Storm specifically.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Nucker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: Its a personal identification #
Carrier: at&t

I am a big fan of BSE. Have used them on everyone of my blackberrys and my families bb. That being said i have never used any other skin, so i am biased.

On the other hand the BSE for the storm has 11 different pieces and was time consuming to put on.

In the end its six in one/half a dozen in the other.

*I went and took a look at Zagg. Its 14 pieces and a lot more money than BSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
I recently made a warranty claim and am getting a new Storm. I have been using a rubber skin but I am now considering one of the custom thin skins.

I researched ZAGG and have seen far more complaints than good reviews. Youtube has a video where an owner trashes ZAGG and shows the shield installed. The phone was new and looked terrible. Other videos show the screen being very unresponsive with the ZAGG shield applied.

BSE reviews seem better. The BSE shield also appears easier to apply and is available at less than half the cost of a ZAGG.

Body Guardz seems to be another competitor with ZAGG, comparable to BSE.

Overall, everyone complains about the installation process with peeling / lifting at the corners being the #1 complaint. ZAGG also is said to be a lint / dust magnet that will make your phone look like a Chia Pet out of the pocket. However, I found a user who claimed car wax will eliminate the lint issues associated with a ZAGG shield.

Talk to me forum! What's the best skin OR should I stick with my rubber sleeve?

Last edited by Nucker; 02-03-2009 at 11:57 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Nucker, I am leaning towards BSE because there are far too many complaints regarding screen sensitivity associated with ZAGG.

How did the BSE shield affect your screen sensitivity on the Storm?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Here is one of the negative views from a Storm owner regarding the ZAGG SHIELD:

YouTube - zagg storm

Verizon 9530
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
aawong
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: rogers

i just installed BSE today and no screen sensitivity problems working good so far.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Check out boxwave.com
They are awesome as far as screen protectors...I personally have the anti-glare protector and it looks great.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
nitu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone ES

I bought an IS from zagg... it was literally crap... microbubbles everywhere, didn't like the fitting, the 4 metallic corners where not covered, and what's worst, after 3 days of using it, dust started to "stick" to the edges of the shield.
took it off, and hop to the bin
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #10
ishore
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

I used to have a BB 8830 World Phone with the Zagg full body. I found that dirt got under the film and the film changed color as time went on. When I got my Storm I also bought the a screen protector from VZ.

Easy install, and got 3 fof $9.99. Have only used on to date but getting are replacement so here goes my second.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #11
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

The only bad thing about the Zagg is that it does not cover the corners, as others have mentioned. Other than that, I have had no problems. My wife's Zagg is coming up a little near the USB port because of the tight fit with the Zagg and the charging cradle. I also use the charging cradle and haven't had any problems whatsoever, so I think it's just the way she's shoving it down and ripping it out.

I used the Bodyguardz on my Pearl and was very happy with that too.... Between Zagg and Bodyguardz, there isn't much difference at all IMHO.
Closed Thread