Black Bart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile
Default Are we setting ourselves up?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello

I always been a BB user but my curve was faster then my BOLD
Anyone else having this issue, if so is there going to firmware to fix it soon not sure if I can last that long LOL

So made the switch from my iphone to a BB BOLD and I can't stand the BOLD WHY oh WHY is the browser so freaking slow even on WIFI and 3G it can't connect to any websites, I tried everything I can think of, its so slow and about life of the battery is really not that great over all too but I can handle the battery life is about the same as Iphone.

As I been told I have the latest update software for my BOLD its on Rogers.

Very sad I was hoping for so much more with the BOLD everyone saying it going to be the BEST BB ever what a JOKE I feel, oh well back to my iphone I just hate touch keyboard and no PUSH email.
Thank you

I found the above at BB forum. I could feel the pain. Why would BB bring this too market if it wasnt ready?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #282
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
Hello

I always been a BB user but my curve was faster then my BOLD
Anyone else having this issue, if so is there going to firmware to fix it soon not sure if I can last that long LOL

So made the switch from my iphone to a BB BOLD and I can't stand the BOLD WHY oh WHY is the browser so freaking slow even on WIFI and 3G it can't connect to any websites, I tried everything I can think of, its so slow and about life of the battery is really not that great over all too but I can handle the battery life is about the same as Iphone.

As I been told I have the latest update software for my BOLD its on Rogers.

Very sad I was hoping for so much more with the BOLD everyone saying it going to be the BEST BB ever what a JOKE I feel, oh well back to my iphone I just hate touch keyboard and no PUSH email.
Thank you

I found the above at BB forum. I could feel the pain. Why would BB bring this too market if it wasnt ready?
I too heard the Bold was not very good and the browser is slow. I did hear the browser renders well ... its just slow as heck. The problem is not the hardware like I have said numerous times in the past. The problem is the extremely aged and inefficient operating system they put on the otherwise excellent hardware. Rebuilding the OS from SCRATCH instead of coming up with crap touchscreen devices is what they should be doing.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #283
Black Bart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default What can be done about this?

I too heard the Bold was not very good and the browser is slow. I did hear the browser renders well ... its just slow as heck. The problem is not the hardware like I have said numerous times in the past. The problem is the extremely aged and inefficient operating system they put on the otherwise excellent hardware. Rebuilding the OS from SCRATCH instead of coming up with crap touchscreen devices is what they should be doing.

I'm perplexed.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #284
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

I'm perplexed.
You have to admit. A phone with the specs such as the bold should be capable of doing more. It should start up quickly, it should render pages very fast, and not slow like we have seen in several videos. It should also be capable of playing some very high resolution video. It should also be capable of playing some advanced 3D games. BUT, because of the crappy OS, we have a phone with advanced specs that starts up very slow. It renders pages well, but very slow. It is not capable of playing high resolution HD videos. It cannot play advanced 3D games. That phone should be capable of much more ... but is being held back by the outdated OS.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #285
Black Bart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Issues

What is the point of upgrading to a 9000 series BB when it's loaded with problems? I think that I would rather just keep my 8820. It's pretty dependable.

Does RIM have plans to update the OS?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #286
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I was at my T-Mobile store today and im not sure if this is true or not but T-Mobile in October will be upgraded to 3G. They are also getting the Bold in mid October! They dude that works their said T-mobile has been keeping this info on the DL that's why we haven't herd anything like this yet.. I hope is true cause that will be freaking awesome! And this is in the US!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #287
david_uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
What is the point of upgrading to a 9000 series BB when it's loaded with problems? I think that I would rather just keep my 8820. It's pretty dependable.

Does RIM have plans to update the OS?
Bold is not loaded with problems, there are a few issues as with any new model, which seem to be addressed in later firmware updates. The latest official release is v4.6.0.126 but .134 is out in the wild and seems stable so far.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #288
naszero

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterteee89 View Post
I was at my T-Mobile store today and im not sure if this is true or not but T-Mobile in October will be upgraded to 3G. They are also getting the Bold in mid October! They dude that works their said T-mobile has been keeping this info on the DL that's why we haven't herd anything like this yet.. I hope is true cause that will be freaking awesome! And this is in the US!

T-Mobile is working on a nation-wide 3g rollout in October. No, they won't get the Bold. It would be useless since the 3g radio is different. T-Mobile = 1700, Bold = 1900. People have to stop listening to sales reps...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #289
naszero

Quote:
Oct 1 in the US of A. I even saw one of the promo pamplets they will be using.

Yes, I'm sure T-Mobile will release a phone that is not fully compatible with their 3g network before AT&T does. If this is the kind of info your *girlfriend* is feeding you then I sure hope you know where she is right about now.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #290
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterteee89 View Post
NO NO NO NO NO.. Quit listening to $10/hour store reps. They don't get "inside" information. 200,000 T-Mobile employees, and this guy got the tip before anyone.. Come on.. They do not get any information until they start training on a device. T-Mobile U.S. WILL NOT get the Bold in October. It will be 1Q 2009 at the earliest. The antenna chipset we need for T-Mobile 3G is still in testing on the Bold. The only 3G device we're getting in October is the G1. That's it.

And it isn't a nationwide rollout on October 1st. Some markets are already live with 3G coverage (New York, Chicago) and the other 25 will be flipping the switch through the end of the year. They will be "officially" announcing a 3G launch on the 1st.

Ok.. Sorry for the rant.. Back to normal..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by BBSwany; 09-07-2008 at 12:57 PM..
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #291
suggs_blackberry_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbswany View Post
...They do not get any information until they start training on a device. T-Mobile U.S. WILL NOT get the Bold in October...

N00B(me)/firstposter!

I just spoke(<15 minutes ago) with a technician who is sending me a replacement 8320(trackball, & screen issues) and she said that she was working on a Bold just a couple days ago. She said that t-mobile received the Bold on September 2nd, and she doesn't know when the release date will be. Also was saying that the Big Three(Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile) received the bold and will be putting it on their networks soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #292
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbswany View Post
NO NO NO NO NO.. Quit listening to $10/hour store reps. They don't get "inside" information. 200,000 T-Mobile employees, and this guy got the tip before anyone.. Come on.. They do not get any information until they start training on a device. T-Mobile U.S. WILL NOT get the Bold in October. It will be 1Q 2009 at the earliest. The antenna chipset we need for T-Mobile 3G is still in testing on the Bold. The only 3G device we're getting in October is the G1. That's it.

And it isn't a nationwide rollout on October 1st. Some markets are already live with 3G coverage (New York, Chicago) and the other 25 will be flipping the switch through the end of the year. They will be "officially" announcing a 3G launch on the 1st.

Ok.. Sorry for the rant.. Back to normal..
Im a t-mo employee and agree with this post. We dont know about devices until it is put in our learning plan which is about 2-3 weeks before a device launches or corporate sends out a nationwide email to everyone. I think we will have the bold for testing very soon per a Learn sell and earn contest we just had on blackberrys.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #293
jeffharris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

Well, considering RIM is coming out with many 2g phones ahead aside form the Bold, ( I just bought a Bold in Germany this weekend, and love it - even on T-Mo USA now), it is possible they may roll out a Bold that is not 3g for T-Mo just yet - As mentioned is other threads, 3g is not so reliable in the US, and, also not SOOO much faster on the browsing, at lease I found on my Bold. When you read the follwing from Boy Genius, it may corroberate my thoughts .. maybe they will roll out the Bols as is, and do a 3g one later for the 1700 band.

RIM vs. AT&T; Bold vs. Thunder/Storm : Boy Genius Report

Jeff
www.jeffharris.com

Last edited by jeffharris; 09-09-2008 at 12:51 PM..
Old 09-12-2008, 10:22 PM   #294
Black Bart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Software?????????????????????

Does anyone know if RIM will be upgrading their software or will t-mobile go with the software that we are reading about?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #295
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Does anyone know if RIM will be upgrading their software or will t-mobile go with the software that we are reading about?
The Javelin will be OS 4.6 just like the Bold. You won't have to worry about spotty 3G coverage though! Good, Reliable EDGE, it's not fancy but sure gets the job done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #296
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post
Well, considering RIM is coming out with many 2g phones ahead aside form the Bold, ( I just bought a Bold in Germany this weekend, and love it - even on T-Mo USA now)
How are you liking the QWERTZ? It takes a little getting used to huh?

Quote:
it is possible they may roll out a Bold that is not 3g for T-Mo just yet.
Yes, it's called the Javlein. T-Mo US will be pushing for 3G now that they have invested BILLIONS into the infrastructure. The Bold should be on T-Mobile 1-2Q 2009.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #297
Black Bart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default 1st Q 2009

The previous poster wrote 1st or 2d Q. No way as to the 2d Q. There is no reason why we should have to wait that long. Everything is in place right now except the lousy software problems. Come on T_MOBILE.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #298
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

But didn't you confirm an October 1st release of 3G and the 9000?

Quote:
I have a confirmation from my gf. She just came from a meeting and all go for the debut of the 9000 and 3G on October 1.
Quote:
The previous poster wrote 1st or 2d Q. No way as to the 2d Q. There is no reason why we should have to wait that long. Everything is in place right now except the lousy software problems. Come on T_MOBILE.
There is also that little problem of 3G saturation in only four cities, the 3G T-Mobile chipset hasn't been implemented in the Bold, & there will be more software updates specific to the Bold (because of the T-Mobile U.S. 3G frequencies). Engineering will be testing the Bold to no end on 3G to 2G handoffs.
1Q 2009 takes us to March 31st, that may or may not be enough time, thus 2Q 2009.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by BBSwany; 09-15-2008 at 06:22 AM..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #299
Woyzeck

I bought my BB Bold in the T-Mobile store in Vienna/Austria/Europe on Saturday.

Nice hardware, but the software seems to be extremely unstable.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #300
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woyzeck View Post
I bought my BB Bold in the T-Mobile store in Vienna/Austria/Europe on Saturday.

Nice hardware, but the software seems to be extremely unstable.
What version are you running? .126 was pretty buggy. You may want to try .134 or .147. People are having different results with both. Welcome to the forums by the way!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread